REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #26
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
Make sure you accelerate when you're merging onto the highway

I wasn't in Richmond... I was in Burnaby.
We got onto the highway and I didn't accelerate fast enough. So I pretty much merged going at 60km/h. There were no cars on the highway and the instructor said if there were cars I would have failed? But, I honestly didn't know how fast to go in the merge lane.. I just knew how to merge..

I was pretty nervous about the whole exam.
I did the exact same thing but my exam was in Surrey. Turned onto Highway 10 but did not accelerate fast enough but eventually got up to speed once I saw the sign; luckily no cars were behind or in front of me. Passed
Took me through 2 school zones, 1 playground, and no parallel parking involved just backing into the stall at the end.
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #27
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
The road I took looked kinda like this:

It goes on for AWHILE!

I've been on logging roads even worse then that before. Not that big of a drop but some pretty decent heights
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #28
I bringith the lowerballerith

i just took mine on dec 30th in abbotsford. didnt make me parallel park or anything. just took me on the hwy and around town. was a cake walk.
bensta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #29
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Took mine in Langley in October. No parallel, just accelerating and keeping speed on a SHORT stretch of Highway 10. Was told to pull over (examiner didn't even ask for hazards), and did give me a bit of leeway on shoulder checking right turns (redundant, but for the sake of the test I guess). Only curveball I was thrown was a full roundabout, which I NEVER used until my test. Couple school zones, a playground zone, and I was back with my Class 5.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #30
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
seems like I'm the only person that had to parallel park

But I passed I can drive anywhere and nothing scares me, getting into 4x4ing and doing crazy stuff in the bush has helped big time in my driving skills
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #31
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] View Post
lol why the fuck would you have your N for 7 years
Haha, no kidding.

I had my learners for exactly 30 days before I took my road test (old rules). I took it at the hardest MVB at the time (Commercial and 12th) and only got 3 demerits for not moving my hand to the 12 o'clock position when doing a straight back-up (which he made me do for 50M and I had to stay 30cm from the curb the whole time, asshole).

I didn't have any problems with the test cause I would always meet up with my dad after school and do all his driving (he was a courier at the time). On the weekends, I did all the driving for the family (in auto and 5spd) and took one lesson/week so as not to pick up any bad habits.

I get that it's harder to get a full license nowadays but fuck, kids are so lazy these days. Drive around. Take a few lessons. Read the book. Practice.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #32
My homepage has been set to RS

my russian dad came up with an excellent russian plan back when i was at this stage: no instructor, just keep taking the test until you pass. overall you'll spend way less money than with an instructor
Posted via RS Mobile
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #33
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
i had my L for 1 year? forgot how long i had to keep it for. held my N for 2? i think... then took my class 5 as soon as i was eligible. never failed any of em.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
b0unce. [?] is offline   Reply With Quote