REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 02-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #26
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil@rise View Post
Sounds like a princess with low self esteem. If your down to treat her as such and do so for the rest of your life then tough it out. It seems as tho you need a low maintenance self reliant girl tho so think about that and dont kid yourself or her

Yes she is a princess with low self esteem.
I just didnt like the low self esteem part.

She is self reliant. Also i like the high maintenance part.

TheWeekEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #27
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Sorry it didn't work out dude.

Don't be bitter and reflect on all the fun times and cool shit you guys did together.

Never think that you "wasted" 7 years...it helped you be the person you are today.

Good luck!
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #28
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.T View Post
Totally agree.

My gf and I are approaching 7 years and one of the major reasons for it lasting this long is that we are both boring . We drink but have never gotten smashed and have no plans on getting smashed. It's just not "fun" to us. I know if one of us was a party-animal then we would've run in to many problems.

So I think unless your lifestyles match or are quite similar, it's going to be an uphill battle.
Same with the GF and 1. Approaching 7 years, are 'boring" but we're fine with it. We don't get smashed either. She might get a little tipsy but that's fine with me and I take care of her, sometimes I use it to my advantage
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:42 AM   #29
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
Same with the GF and 1. Approaching 7 years, are 'boring" but we're fine with it. We don't get smashed either. She might get a little tipsy but that's fine with me and I take care of her, sometimes I use it to my advantage
I'm in the same boat. Neither of us are party animals nor do we even like the club. Stay at home, make dinner and watch some TV.

However... because of this thread I'm going to try and put some more excitement in our relationship to make sure we don't fall out of love.
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #30
My homepage has been set to RS

She sounds great, you're gonna look back and wish you had this type of girl to marry.
yellowpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:09 PM   #31
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

i don't know the two of you but it sounds like you're great together and bad apart. as in she needs you and all of you for things to run smoothly.

this is good if you're both introverted or both extroverted. so you'd both be partying or both playing WOW, lol.

if you can be with her for 7 years, what worked then that has changed now?
mac25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #32
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
^i disagree...when people starting dating at a certain age, they don't know what they want. People grow apart and that doesn't have to be a bad thing. And just because you have been with someone for so long, that is not a reason to still stay.

Fuck I was with someone for 9 years...we ended 4 years ago and if we had stayed together just because we had already been for so long, I would have hung myself by now.

Not all relationships come to a catastrophic end...some just run their course and slowly burn out.
Posted via RS Mobile
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2012, 07:36 PM   #33
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I'm not sure if you still need help or how things are now, but after being in a relationship with my girlfriend for only 2 years.. I feel like I would give up anything to be with her including all my friends and shit, so I cant even imagine how you feel after 7 years. But if you're still thinking about it, I would say spend more time with her and try to get her back cause if its lasted for 7 years then obviously you two have either been dragging shit on for too long, or it's really "meant to be". But just let her know all of her faults! Like I always tell my friends, if you have something you can say to everyone else about your gf/bf, then you should be able to say it to them too
alwayslive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:05 AM   #34
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

lol with all the shit u wrote in the beginning, i didnt expect all the stuff u wrote about what u like about her..it seemed like u described her as the worst gf ever but the stuff u like abt her, is almost everything anyone would want in a gf lol and ive been with my girl for 4 years and ive been thru patches were i feel more attracted to other girls etc etc but its completely normal.. u just have to find what u guys enjoyed together when the 2 of u were still "new"

as for the comments above^
i completely agree that she prolly just has low self esteem.. u should pay a lil more attention to her (compliment her, take her out to do romantic stuff, and just talk the night away in a place with no distractions..)

just a friendly suggestion but if u really wanna move on, itll be hard since uve spent the last 7 yrs of ur life with 1 woman.. just sayin.. lol

Last edited by ek_noob; 03-18-2012 at 12:10 AM. Reason: grammatical errors
ek_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:04 AM   #35
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek_noob View Post
lol with all the shit u wrote in the beginning, i didnt expect all the stuff u wrote about what u like about her..it seemed like u described her as the worst gf ever but the stuff u like abt her, is almost everything anyone would want in a gf lol and ive been with my girl for 4 years and ive been thru patches were i feel more attracted to other girls etc etc but its completely normal.. u just have to find what u guys enjoyed together when the 2 of u were still "new"

as for the comments above^
i completely agree that she prolly just has low self esteem.. u should pay a lil more attention to her (compliment her, take her out to do romantic stuff, and just talk the night away in a place with no distractions..)

just a friendly suggestion but if u really wanna move on, itll be hard since uve spent the last 7 yrs of ur life with 1 woman.. just sayin.. lol
Am I the only one that thinks it's funny he edited the post for grammatical errors?

As for the thing about doing what you guys enjoyed when you were "new" I think that's wrong.

When you were "new", you were getting new experiences together. You should take that further that and try to do something neither of you have done together. Explore new activities like finding a new hobby together. Try photography, hiking, car stuff or whatever you think you'll both enjoy.

A cool one would be photography since you can buy two bodies and share lenses. Take classes together too. Then you can take picture of each other and make some cute collages.
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote