REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Police Dog Bite (holy #@&!) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/662007-police-dog-bite-holy-%40.html)

zulutango 01-31-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by impactX (Post 7780721)
Wonder how Mr. Evans feel about being used by PIVOT.
:fuckthatshit:

Oh I bet he feels so,......so.....used, so cheap........:ilied:

FerrariEnzo 01-31-2012 01:11 PM

WTF... i though he said that the bus "just took off when i got to the stop" but you can clearly see that the bus left the stop a long ways... NO bus driver would stop in this case..

the guys swearing... VPD can use ALL the passengers as witness to what happen... 30+ people on the bus saw what ACTUALLY happen..

the Dogs are trained for 1 thing, STOP people.. if they dont stop, the dog has to decided on what to do... prolly thinking:
Guy on skateboard, barking didnt work... should I sit and wait for my handler while he takes off or TAKE HIM DOWN..

Soundy 01-31-2012 01:20 PM

Bruce Allen shredded the guy on his Reality Check spot on NW today, starting with how stupid it is to be wearing headphones while skateboarding in the first place and having no sympathy for the dipshit "not hearing" the cops yelling at him to stop. Look it up on the podcast if you get the chance - Bruce is dead on, this guy is three times stupid in this and has nobody to blame but himself for his eventual demise.

Noir 01-31-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo (Post 7780923)
WTF... i though he said that the bus "just took off when i got to the stop" but you can clearly see that the bus left the stop a long ways... NO bus driver would stop in this case..

the guys swearing... VPD can use ALL the passengers as witness to what happen... 30+ people on the bus saw what ACTUALLY happen..

the Dogs are trained for 1 thing, STOP people.. if they dont stop, the dog has to decided on what to do... prolly thinking:
Guy on skateboard, barking didnt work... should I sit and wait for my handler while he takes off or TAKE HIM DOWN..

Only StylinRed's dogs. A thief can break and enter his house and I bet he's trained to sit there and wait for legal due process before it even considers barking at said thief. But hey, at least it's 100% certain he got the right guy :lol

StylinRed 01-31-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 7781475)
Only StylinRed's dogs. A thief can break and enter his house and I bet he's trained to sit there and wait for legal due process before it even considers barking at said thief. But hey, at least it's 100% certain he got the right guy :lol

well there are 2 methods to train dogs the bite/hold and the sit and bark most in NA are taught bite/hold groups are trying to get them to switch :)

but i dont expect the dog to make decisions :p

Soundy 01-31-2012 09:42 PM

Aaaaaaand here we go: every two-bit hood who gets even barked at by a PSD is going to be jumping on the bandwagon: Local News Story

Quote:

New West Police investigate Surrey dog bite
VANCOUVER/CKNW AM 980
Alison Bailey | alison.bailey@corusent.com
1/31/2012

New Westminster Police are investigating after a 16 year old was injured by a police dog in Surrey last weekend.

Chief Superintendant Janice Armstrong says police are concerned with the injuries the teenager suffered.

He was bitten on his face and arm.

His parents call it "mutilation".

Armstrong says the dog handler has been placed on administrative duties.

The police dog has been removed from operational duty.

Armstrong says the dog handler has about eight and half years with the RCMP, nearly a year and half in dog services.

The teen was arrested after the police were called to a break and enter at a Surrey gas station early Saturday morning.

Snake Eyes 01-31-2012 09:49 PM

Its sad in this day and age that the public has lost so much faith in the police that they have to see the actual footage of this clown destroying property , and acting like a jack ass for them to believe the police version of the events.

Regardless, good on the VPD to shut all the 'nay sayers down by posting the vid.

StylinRed 01-31-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 7781513)
Aaaaaaand here we go: every two-bit hood who gets even barked at by a PSD is going to be jumping on the bandwagon: Local News Story

yeah that happened a couple days ago the RCMP said something along the lines of if they knew it was a teenager they were after they would have assessed the situation differently in that case though the teen did a B&E and police were on the scene believe it or not i actually have no qualms about this incident :P

but with the recent news of K9 bites you can be sure the media will be reporting these instances more than they have

its the media, and that was probably the hope of PIVOT too so as to bring more discussion to the issue

an article before the administrative leave http://www.news1130.com/news/local/a...urrey-break-in

Quote:

SURREY (NEWS1130) - Surrey RCMP are reviewing their response after siccing a dog on a teenaged suspect running from the scene of a break-in at a North Surrey gas station early Saturday morning.

The 16-year-old was bitten in the face and had to be taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Sgt. Peter Thiessen explains had they known it was a teen, things may have been done differently.

"If you have some foresight and you're able to determine that the individual you're pursuing is in fact a young offender and not an adult, then there are other factors that come into play as to, what is the suspected crime and is it warranted to pursue? Is it a serious offence?" Thiessen explains.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snake Eyes (Post 7781522)
Its sad in this day and age that the public has lost so much faith in the police that they have to see the actual footage of this clown destroying property , and acting like a jack ass for them to believe the police version of the events.

Regardless, good on the VPD to shut all the 'nay sayers down by posting the vid.

people weren't doubting that the guy smashed the bus window... why can't supporters understand that? :suspicious:

just look @ the comments on the news sites etc people are mad about the use of the dog they arent arguing about whether he deserved it or he didnt do it

SE3P-T 02-07-2012 11:20 AM

My thought to this is... If you listen to the cops, this shouldn't happen, you run and that's fail to arrest... Either they point the gun at you or get the dogs to catch you ...

But why you will break the bus window or door if the drivers are not opening the door for you ?? That's a stupid move...
Posted via RS Mobile

Phil@rise 02-07-2012 11:50 AM

To many of you people live thru life with blinders on. Oblivious to reality only to what pertains directly infront of you. When this kinda stuff happens to you or people you know thats when the wakeup call comes. Our supposedly trustworthy ethically superior morally correct police force is human just like you and me and they fuck up. The difference between us and them is accountability.
I had two undercover cops try to pick a fight between me and a couple friends to the point of calling one of my friend a drunk indian. When I told them to fuck off we werent interested in trouble and to back off next thing I knew I was up against a wall and bein read my rights for bein a trouble maker like WTF.
Thats my story.
How many other cases do we see every year where cops excersize poor judgment and nothin gets done.
Simply put the percentage off stupid cops to smart cops is way higher then that of stupid civilians to smart civilians.

Gumby 02-07-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil@rise (Post 7788757)
To many of you people live thru life with blinders on. Oblivious to reality only to what pertains directly infront of you. When this kinda stuff happens to you or people you know thats when the wakeup call comes. Our supposedly trustworthy ethically superior morally correct police force is human just like you and me and they fuck up. The difference between us and them is accountability.
I had two undercover cops try to pick a fight between me and a couple friends to the point of calling one of my friend a drunk indian. When I told them to fuck off we werent interested in trouble and to back off next thing I knew I was up against a wall and bein read my rights for bein a trouble maker like WTF.
Thats my story.
How many other cases do we see every year where cops excersize poor judgment and nothin gets done.
Simply put the percentage off stupid cops to smart cops is way higher then that of stupid civilians to smart civilians.

What were you and your friends doing when two undercover cops tried to pick a fight with you? Something stupid I bet!

Soundy 02-07-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumby (Post 7788769)
What were you and your friends doing when two undercover cops tried to pick a fight with you? Something stupid I bet!

Nothing, nothing at all!

At least, nothing that seemed stupid at the time...

Ludepower 02-08-2012 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 7788786)
Nothing, nothing at all!

details sir....

dangonay 02-08-2012 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil@rise (Post 7788757)

Stupid comment of the day goes to....
Posted via RS Mobile

Phil@rise 02-08-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Crossing Granville street on the way to the skytrain station. I'm a 35 year old dad I dont cause trouble and neither do those I hang out with. I figure these two upstanding officers of the law had issue with how my "drunk indian" friend looked. 6 foot 6 300 plus pounds and plenty of ink. Thats only one story of personal experience with cops and stupid judgment I have more.

StylinRed 02-08-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 7788786)
Nothing, nothing at all!

the same people who defend the police for "being human" when they do something undeniably wrong are quick to assume that the police can never do wrong and it must be the victims who are at fault... you cant have it both ways

RabidRat 02-08-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Dude jumping to conclusions here makes you no better than all the others getting on the fuckthepigs bandwagon.