REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:30 AM   #101
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
btw, one of my business partner is the no.1 richest guy in WenZhou. I'm pretty sure I'm more connected than you
:noob:

sorry, this image comes to mind whenever i see the word connected now
Advertisement

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2012, 07:38 AM   #102
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
You cannot even write a proper sentence, you shouldn't be trying to give people a "taste of their own medicine".
Run together sentence right there..............

Quote:
You cannot even write a proper sentence. You shouldn't be trying to give people a "taste of their own medicine".
OR..........

Quote:
If you cannot even write a proper sentence, you shouldn't be trying to give people a "taste of their own medicine".
I used to criticize people for poor writing skills, but nobody is perfect, including me. Just Saiyan.

Why can't we be friends?
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 01-30-2012 at 07:45 AM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #103
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
if i expected myself & others on here to write with perfect grammatical skills every time we posted i'd be an anal, fat, balding, drug user with a like minded girlfriend that "taught" sex ed in the dtes... may as well kill myself
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #104
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Why can't we be friends?
Cause I get tired of his non-nonsensical arguments. Want to be taken seriously? Write a proper sentence with capitalization, punctuation, spell checked and with decent grammar.

BTW a comma splice is an anal English teacher thing. Its accepted in literature.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:24 AM   #105
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
if i expected myself & others on here to write with perfect grammatical skills every time we posted i'd be an anal, fat, balding, drug user with a like minded girlfriend that "taught" sex ed in the dtes... may as well kill myself
Please do.

If you want to be taken seriously, continue writing as above.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:37 AM   #106
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Well this thread was doomed as soon as everyone whipped out their iDicks 2.0 and it turned into a testosterone fueled romp of who's family's were more connected with who.

And I submit: How dare you people make it that I agree with not one, not 2 not 3 but ALL OF TAYLOR'S POINTS???
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #107

Quote:
Quote:
Please do.

If you want to be taken seriously, continue writing as above.
I'm not though, but if you believe someone with said life should kill themselves what are you still doing here

Quote:
Cause I get tired of his non-nonsensical arguments.
indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Well this thread was doomed as soon as everyone whipped out their iDicks 2.0 and it turned into a testosterone fueled romp of who's family's were more connected with who.
i was just acting like Hyde hoping he'd see how gay it was; it shouldn't be taken seriously by any others

Last edited by StylinRed; 01-30-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #108
My homepage has been set to RS

taylor's the bomb.com
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #109
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
I'm not though, but if you believe someone with said life should kill themselves what are you still doing here
One day we'll meet and you'll see how truthful your description is. As I said before, lots of people like hiding behind usernames to say things they wouldn't ever say in real life. Cya Mar 18.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #110
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
shit just got real
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:19 AM   #111
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
shit just got real
To be clear, there's no animosity in my post. I just prefer people who talk crap be willing to say it in real life, or not say it at all. I fully expect I could have a beer with Gridlock and others, and we'd still call each other assholes.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #112

Quote:
One day we'll meet and you'll see how truthful your description is. As I said before, lots of people like hiding behind usernames to say things they wouldn't ever say in real life. Cya Mar 18.
dino etc already found your photobucket and showcased your pictures.... my description is based on your own self expression
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-30-2012, 09:21 AM   #113
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
dino etc already found your photobucket and showcased your pictures.... my description is based on your own self expression
Cya in Mar.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #114
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Honestly how many of you will have enough money to buy a 5+ million house. Most average people buys below 1million anyways. So really they might drive up the prize of these so call expensive housese but it wouldn't affect average joe's houses.
You don't think there's a cascade effect?

If there were local buyers that would have bought the $5M houses and can't anymore, they will drive up the prices of the $4M houses. When that happens, the local buyers that would have bought the $4M houses can't buy them anymore, so they drive up the prices of the $3M houses. It continues down the food chain, so it definitely affects people buying $1M houses.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #115

mar.??
Old 01-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #116
Need to Seek Professional Help

Last edited by m!chael; 11-05-2018 at 09:38 PM.
m!chael is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #117
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
mar.??
http://www.revscene.net/forums/66210...ty-twelve.html

I expect you to say since you know what I look like.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:29 AM   #118

ah i see

maybe ill finally show up to a meet for once just to do so

Quote:
Originally Posted by m!chael View Post
StylinRed = 30 year old virgin who spends his entire days on Revscene lol
michael! eya see ur still lurking about i almost thought you gave up on this :P
Old 01-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #119
Banned (ABWS)

Back on topic:

This is my favourite local housing blog: Vancouver Condo Info

While they are very bearish, it is great that a local Realtor updates the blog with real numbers daily: January 2012 Daily Numbers « | VCI Forum
Old 01-30-2012, 09:33 AM   #120
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
You don't think there's a cascade effect?

If there were local buyers that would have bought the $5M houses and can't anymore, they will drive up the prices of the $4M houses. When that happens, the local buyers that would have bought the $4M houses can't buy them anymore, so they drive up the prices of the $3M houses. It continues down the food chain, so it definitely affects people buying $1M houses.
Not really. That end of the price range is very small. Hell last year just one house that sold for $10M skewed the average monthly stats for Richmond (I think) so much the sale had to be excluded or the median used. It was mentioned in the blog I linked above.

So while you're technically correct, its just not big enough to cause the ripple you state.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:08 AM   #121
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
To be clear, there's no animosity in my post. I just prefer people who talk crap be willing to say it in real life, or not say it at all. I fully expect I could have a beer with Gridlock and others, and we'd still call each other assholes.
Oh yeah. I think you are an ass, and I suspect I'm not the first, not last to do so. To hell with a beer, lets get the kids together and drop a little e.

That said, its one internet personality to another making revscene entertaining for all.

Also, lets be clear, dinosaur isn't a member of my e-army out stalking Taylor because he hurt her feelings. She used google. If Taylor wanted to not have people find other shit about him, I guess he would have called his photobucket 'Taylor191'. Would have thrown her off his trail, given that she's 'uneducated'.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #122
Banned By Establishment

Back to the topic at hand...its all demand.

I do think there is relevance to having a group of buyers with access to capital that are going to drive up pricing based on demand. Build it and they will come. (side note, best movie line of all times. Used to the point of cliche)

The question is, what are you going to do about it?

Limit foreign ownership? Taylor pointed out Australia, and I'm willing to take his word on it. Hell, we can stay in Canada and use PEI as an example. They have limits on non-resident ownership. It is still expensive to buy there because its a limited commodity. The island is small.

Even though house prices are high in Vancouver, I think we need them to be. You drop prices to allow new buyers in, which is great, but you fuck over current owners-owners that have re-financed and god knows what to the actual equity of their home. That is what caused the problem in the US! In Vancouver, people are buying at the limit of their finances and you drop the prices by 20% and watch the problems start.

We're technically under water on our rental property. Bought it at the high in the market, and watched the value plummet in the following year. Then watched as the developer parked another block of houses right next door to take up any remaining slack in the demand.

One aspect that has not been examined is the role of credit to all this. If I have a group of buyers that have CASH, there is less of an incentive to drop pricing to match a difficult loaning market. Yeah, we haven't been affected as bad as the US, but if you had a bunch of rich Canadians swoop in and buy up Las Vegas, you would expect the pricing to rise as you have bypassed the problem of buyers obtaining credit.

So even if 'rich' foreign buyers aren't driving up prices, I think it would be perfectly reasonable to assume that they could be holding prices up as compared to what pricing would be without them.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #123
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
if i was that rich, id be doing the exact same thing, buying up property everywhere.

whats given is population will grow, and physical livable land is pretty much constant at any developed nation.

if i was flowing with money, id put it into something relatively stable, real estate, precious metals, resource type investments. anything that is stable, with a decent stable roi.

it sucks that foreign investment demand drives up housing prices. but thats just life. we are looking at the 5% buying up the upper scale of the real estate market, but there are 20x more ppl just buying smaller real estate, condos, for investment as well.

if gov't blocks foreign investment, they are killing themselves. these investors might not live here, but they still gotta pay property taxes or some sort of taxation. thats straight out revenue for gov't

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #124
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
I corrected your post.

The Conservatives are changing the immigration system cause it is broken. Canada has been receiving ~80% return on each new immigrant since the laws were loosen a couple decades ago cause the quality of immigrant has decreased. Ie we are losing money on each new immigrant by subsidizing services for them as they do not earn enough to pay for 100% of their cost to society - nevermind add to society like you're wrongly assuming.

For those thinking I'm being racist, don' bite my head off unless you understand my argument. We used to have a very tight immigrant policy that rewarded immigrants with skills, that was loosened a few decades ago letting virtually anyone in regardless if they offered any benefit to Canadian society. There's TONS of studies on this, I welcome you to read them.

There's lots of land, that myth gets debunked over and over. Look around at the construction, tons of density going up and Surrey will eclipse Vancouver in size cause there's tons of room to expand.
I agree that the immigration system is broken, just not sure if this new system will make it better.

and plus 1 with the land thing. The land reason is only a minor factor. There's tonnes of land in surrey and north of the fraser river that has not been fully developed. Look at New West, property prices there havnt gone up as much as other areas. (maybe the New West stigma?)
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #125
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
hahaha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
And I submit: How dare you people make it that I agree with not one, not 2 not 3 but ALL OF TAYLOR'S POINTS???

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote