REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #26
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
i don't really give a shit about dying either; as long as i die smiling (and hopefully not a painful, desperate death of agony)
to leave the world a better place, and to know that one life has breathed easier because i existed ... heck that's enough for me

i tell this to my friends&family and they're all like "you selfish motherfucker"
Advertisement
pinn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #27
NLY
Helps you change your flat, doesn't hit on your girlfriend while doing so

Thanked 1,756 Times in 278 Posts
Quote:
No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.
I would not hesitate to give my life for my family. One of my uncles passed away because of a bad heart. I was only a kid but if I could give him mine I would.

2016-2017 Revscene Fantasy Basketball Champion

Last edited by NLY; 02-03-2012 at 12:15 AM.
NLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:07 AM   #28
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,552 Times in 845 Posts
Death is the only certainty in life.

Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:32 AM   #29
xxx

I'm not really afraid of dying (I guess it's because I'm still young) but I am afraid of drowning though...to me that's a horrible way to die.
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:51 AM   #30
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Let's not get started with ways to die now..
see.lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:59 AM   #31
J89
RS controls my life!

This thread is so
J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:03 AM   #32
xxx

Here's the original thread

http://www.revscene.net/forums/65003...-deathbed.html

Not to take anything away from the OP, just posting this in case anyone is interested because I noticed the explanations are longer in the original thread.
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:19 AM   #33
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
If more people had your mind frame this world would be a better place in a way
I disagree. If you look forward to the end, you deprive yourself of living the best life you can,while you still can.

I on the other hand happen to think that this is the only life you have, you might as well make the most of it.

Mx703,why should you be scare of the year 2150? Were you scared of the year 1950?
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:30 AM   #34
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,694 Posts
I wouldn't say I fear death, but I definitely don't want to die... not yet.
I feel I have so many more things left to do.

But if I die, then I die, and so be it.

I've been in a car accident where I was stupid, pulling some Initial D stunt,
car flipped upside down, rolled several times. Probably should have died that night.
But nope... I actually didn't even get a single scratch or cut.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:37 AM   #35
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
i believe that once your born the purpose is to await for death, its just that different ppl have different ways & times of meeting death

also during this time while u wait u started to get a attach to things in life making it hard for u to leave when the time comes

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:49 AM   #36
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,585 Times in 4,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
I disagree. If you look forward to the end, you deprive yourself of living the best life you can,while you still can.

I on the other hand happen to think that this is the only life you have, you might as well make the most of it.

Mx703,why should you be scare of the year 2150? Were you scared of the year 1950?
But as well if you are scared to die you might not take those chances and risks that you might of taken other wise. The key to life is being happy and honestly if you are happy thats all you can really ask for. It doesn't matter if you are worried or not worried about living and dieing just as it doesn't hold you back.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #37
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
? Confused. There's no way any of us here will live to 2150. I'm definitely not making it out of the 21st century.

Thinking about it now the only way I think life would suck is if I outlive my friends, wife, children and their grandchildren. Which I won't.

I don't know how to put it in words. I'm just so scared of not waking up. Not that I would even know if I didn't wake up. It's just the thought of not waking up.
Posted via RS Mobile
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #38
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
#1, 2, and 5 really hit home with me.

There was a worker in the company I currently work for. He worked for the company for over 30 years. He retired, and passed away 2 days after his retirement. Didn't even get to really enjoy life. In a nutshell, he went to school, went to work, and passed away.

That was a bit of a wake up call for me to start doing things I really want to do. Life is short. I currently work 3 "jobs." I'm an engineer by day, and I'm a writer and a songwriter/producer when I'm not at my day job. I plan to quit my engineering job this year and live a little more.

A couple quotes for the open minded..

"Keep doing what you're doing, keep getting what you're getting."

"When you look back in life, you'll only remember the things you did do, not the things you didn't."

It's amazing how so many people (including myself) know that we want a change in our lives, but we're too scared to make a change.

A lot of people make fun of the guy who sold everything, bought and drove a Lambo across the country and then opened a motorcycle shop. No, of course it's not the best financial decision, but he can say that he did it with no regrets. You only live once, and life's too short to only get 2-4 weeks vacation a year, only to come back to the same monotonous routine.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0

Last edited by PJ; 02-03-2012 at 02:00 PM.
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #39
2 Wheel'd Mod

I don't fear death although I have always assumed it is because I am still young. I always wondered if my mindset will change once I have a family or have some dependants.
A few of my good friends (me included) would rather die than live as a vegetable. I believe people don't fear death, but fear the loss of consiousness.
/)__)
-"--"-

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...hreadid=417820
!oHenry is offline   Reply With Quote