REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #26
I don't get it

Wow, so for all of you what think the test is effin easy go here ( Canadian Citizenship Practice Test - Richmond Public Library ) 1st. of all thanks to few guys who responded with actually understanding a little bit of what i'm going through. 2nd. there is only 25 questions on the test but there is over 130 they shuffle... Have you ever read the fekin book and then tried to answer them questions? I Did 3 fukin times and the book is way harder to learn and take in then actually being able to do PRACTICE TESTS... After i read the book i was still not PREPARED. With practice test at least you can get a hint of what is expected.

Some of you just need to get of your high horse before assuming any of the crap u said above. I'm in Canada for 7 years and im pretty proud of what i accomplished.
And yes dont worry i also pay for you Canadian bums on the street selling ass for crack.
Thank you for reminding me about OUR TAX dollar....
Advertisement
bloodline129 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #27
I don't get it

thanks geoc, thats exactly what i was talking about.... the book is useless
bloodline129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #28
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
U came on here asking for a shortcut for passing the test. When all the answers are in that book you have. How are us Canadians supposed to react? Now you say that book is useless, how would u know? Unless uve taken the test already and failed.
Posted via RS Mobile
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #29
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
This is my personal opnion tho because I feel that people coming into Canada these days don't care enough about this country, the history and our heritage the makes Canada the best country in the world.
I feel the opposite. Too many Canadians citizens take this country for granted.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #30
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
I do agree with you on that to a point but I think people take more of the life style we have and the society we live in more granted more then the country. In general everyone takes everything for granted, I know I do and I'm sure you do as well in certain aspects but I still love and appreciate Canada just like you do as well.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #31
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

I got 88%. Haven't looked at a history book in years. There are a couple of difficult questions, but there are roughly 75% that are embarrassingly easy.

To pass the test you need 75%. Even if you fail, you still get an interview with a citizenship judge, and can be passed.

Apparently the old passing rate pre-2008 was about 96% and of the 4% who failed, 80% were passed by a citizen judge.

That means 1% of people used to fail.

Since 2010, they changed the test. Now the passing rate is around 80% with 80% of the failures getting passed by a judge afterwards.

So that means 4% failed.

So basically what all this means. If you cant read the book they provide for studying AND pass the test, you don't deserve citizenship. GTFO.
Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #32
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

I can't understand your English, so you are on the right track to becoming a new Canadian. However...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodline129 View Post
Some of you just need to get of your high horse before assuming any of the crap u said above.
RCMP - sorry we can't get off, some of us work up here

Quote:
I'm in Canada for 7 years and im pretty proud of what i accomplished.
Canadians are not allowed to be proud of what we accomplish, that's some weird third world mentality, so remember that when you face the citizen judge. We support all of our accomplishments being funneled into free alcohol programs on the DTES.

Quote:
And yes dont worry i also pay for you Canadian bums on the street selling ass for crack.
Thank you for reminding me about OUR TAX dollar....
So you assume we are homeless? I imagine it would be a little difficult to get our net hooked up to the side of our boxes so we could post on revscene, no?

Also, if we are selling our ass for crack, how are you paying for us? Are you buying ass regularly? If so, I hope you are using protection, the AIDS rate down there is pretty bad these days.
Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #33
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
U came on here asking for a shortcut for passing the test. When all the answers are in that book you have. How are us Canadians supposed to react? Now you say that book is useless, how would u know? Unless uve taken the test already and failed.
Posted via RS Mobile
He never asked for a 'shortcut'; he asked for help. Reading comprehension fail.
epicbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #34
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicbeardman View Post
He never asked for a 'shortcut'; he asked for help. Reading comprehension fail.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #35
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP TEST PREPARATION

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
LSF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #36
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
While I agree that a lot of citizens take this country for granted, I also believe a lot of immigrants do the same. I'd rather deal with our own problems before taking on those of others (as cruel as that may sound). I believe if we don't take care of ourselves, we aren't in a position to accomidate newcomers. It's not a matter of selfishness, it's a matter of self-preservation.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #37
I STILL don't get it

Good luck with your test. Please if you have the moment, post the questions that give you difficulty. Perhaps some of us can help you with a memory aid or maybe we can have a discussion about that particular question so that you may understand it better. Bon chance!
noventa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2012, 04:46 AM   #38
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
If you have to ask for help on the test to become a Canadian citizen I personally think you don’t deserve to become on yet….. It’s about the honor and pride of the great country we live in. It’s not about cheating on a test like in school.
He's asking for help to better prepare for the test. He's not asking for a way to cheat it. He still needs to do the work himself. I don't see a need to take it out on the guy.
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:04 AM   #39
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
While I agree that a lot of citizens take this country for granted, I also believe a lot of immigrants do the same. I'd rather deal with our own problems before taking on those of others (as cruel as that may sound). I believe if we don't take care of ourselves, we aren't in a position to accomidate newcomers. It's not a matter of selfishness, it's a matter of self-preservation.
I don't like this philosophy. If you want to close our borders to immigrants, then have lots of babies. Our birth rate sucks, so if you want a lot of new Canadians, then we need to make them.

We had some refugees from Hungary in one of the buildings for about 6 months. They seemed really nice to me. Communication was a challenge, but we muddled through. I never really understood how Hungary as a country was sending people on refugee status. I thought that was reserved for people that could no longer live safely in their country. I never did research to see if there was a group of people being persecuted there. Thought maybe gypsies, as they've been pretty well hated on for a long time. Sidebar, does anyone know?

Anyway, one day the rents not there. We start leaving notes and forms warning of eviction. After a few days, we go into their place and there is still furniture and no clothes but there are still some personal effects. Dino calls the police non-emergency, as we're a little worried. Turns out they went back to Hungary. Also turns out they racked up debt on credit cards, and cell phone bills and anyone else that would loan them money. So we as a people gave them money through welfare, then in turn private companies hooked them up, and we went out of our way to help them out, and we didn't start evicting them on the 2nd, as we normally do.

Left a bad taste in my mouth. HOWEVER, I don't turn around and say, we should seal our borders to this. For every hungarian that fucks us on rent, there are 4 more people that are here to set up a new life, and contribute to our country.

We need those 4, more than we don't need the 1.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:46 AM   #40
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply closing the borders completely but more along the lines of tightening up the screening process.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #41
My homepage has been set to RS

^im all for citizens getting priority in government funding - ie first dibs on certain programs etc. i think u shud have to become a citizen to earn that

in terms of a tighter screening process tho - i think our process is pretty tight. rich immigrants start businesses and poor ones are even more important because they work the jobs nobody else is willing to, because either way its better than where theyre from and were before. i really admire these types of people - a lot of the ones i know have substantial university degrees from other places and leave them behind to start something here. without the taxi drivers, food workers, security personnel and farming/produce aids and other first jobs they find themselves in our standard of living wouldnt be as good ans our economy would not thrive as much

thats why in the usa i see these republicans talking about banning illegal mexicans when frankly without them their coutrymen (esp republicans) would not be able to afford a lot of the bullshit they take for granted.
Posted via RS Mobile
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #42
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
If you've passed Social Studies 10/11 and/or have taken Law 12 or History 12 during high school, the questions should be a walk in the park
I just did the practice test part 1 and got 23/25
pinn3r is offline   Reply With Quote