REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Iran warning of war (https://www.revscene.net/forums/662457-iran-warning-war.html)

smarv 02-03-2012 05:59 PM

Iran warning of war

In the Ayatollah's message to the US:

"They have threatened that all 'options are on the table'... Threats of war are detrimental to the United States, and carrying out a war would be 10 times more detrimental for that country,"

"The Americans must be aware and of course are aware that the Islamic Republic of Iran has threats for facing threats of war and threats of an oil embargo, which will be carried out when necessary through the will of God."

“The U.S. has no logic besides force and knows no way other than war to impose its demands,”

“When the need arises, we will inform the world’s people about the remarks the Americans made, (what) the U.S. president said, the letter he wrote, their reaction, and what they did with the content of the letters.”

Iran's Ayatollah Ali Khamenei warns US against nuclear strike - NYPOST.com

Iran will carry out its threats if necessary: Leader - Tehran Times

WWIII?

punkwax 02-03-2012 06:09 PM

One Iranian parking lot, coming right up!

keitaro 02-03-2012 06:16 PM

Panetta believes Israel may strike Iran this spring: reports | Reuters

US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta believes Israel may attack soon, in which the US will have to join as their ally. This could also lead Canada into the war as well, since we are an ally with Israel.

China and Russia are big allies with Iran, which in turn could cause them to join the war. In this case we may be facing WWIII. Let's hope there is no attack, and things can be settled peacefully.

Spartacus 02-03-2012 06:28 PM

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...96596_700b.jpg

smarv 02-03-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodnarb (Post 7784891)
One American parking lot, coming right up!

Fixed it for you

Manic! 02-03-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smarv (Post 7784909)
Fixed it for you

Iran can barley hit Israel. America will barley get a scratch.

belka 02-03-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smarv (Post 7784909)
Fixed it for you

http://500motivators.com/plog-conten...-roosevelt.jpg

murd0c 02-03-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 7784925)
Iran can barley hit Israel. America will barley get a scratch.

Dirty bomb time

CP.AR 02-03-2012 07:27 PM

please don't have a war.
please?
unless of course, i owned a company that manufactures war machines :troll:

twitchyzero 02-03-2012 07:29 PM

didn't realize Iran still had an Ayatollah
i thought it would be like the equivalent to our Governor General or Japan's present day Emperor

StylinRed 02-03-2012 07:32 PM

iran can hit israel they've got new missiles

hell they just launched a rocket into space i think they can lob one next door ;)

its really the usa/israel provoking war though

supposedly the USA is working on a "new bomb" that can bust through a mountain to hit some of those iranian bases

america cant really afford any more wars though especially one with Iran

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 7784950)
didn't realize Iran still had an Ayatollah
i thought it would be like the equivalent to our Governor General or Japan's present day Emperor

he's still there apparently Ahmadinejad has been trying to relegate/balance dealing with him over the years hence all the turmoil from his supporters; thats why america didn't back that other guy that was trying to become president (as he was portraying to be for the students but had a history of being extreme right wing)

pastarocket 02-03-2012 07:39 PM

-really hoping that cooler heads prevail. Surely, there has to be a diplomatic solution to stop the Iranian threats from escalating. War would be hell for everyone.

1exotic 02-03-2012 07:40 PM

lol at american facebook comments in that article.

"Supreme Leader", & part-time taxi driver.

Let's bomb these carpet riders once and for all, and I'm not even jewish!

optiblue 02-03-2012 08:03 PM

Shoot, a nuclear war wouldn't last longer than a couple of days before everything as we know is wiped out! Would you rather be instantly vaporized or die a slow painful death by radiation :(
Posted via RS Mobile

Death2Theft 02-03-2012 09:22 PM

That is exactly why they are sailing the USS enterprise into the straight of hormuz after the iranians have warned them not to come in again. Because it's much cheaper for them to sink it in iran and have the radiation fuck up everyone there instead of paying to have the nuclear reactors properly disposed of.
Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 7784933)
Dirty bomb time

smarv 02-03-2012 09:36 PM

I found this picture pretty interesting its US bases around Iran, i think the US is a bully, iran is only preparing itself in self-defence IMO, and I'm not bias towards iran i actually dislike them quite a bit mainly because they took one of my relitives hostage for 9 years during iran/iraq war

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/...313194844.jpeg

JDął 02-03-2012 09:39 PM

All Iran has are threats. Militarily they would be stomped by Israel alone without official US aid, the US have built up and supplied Israel's entire armed forces from sidearms to fighter aircraft and smart bombs since the 1960's. The Israeli's are also very proficient when they want to be, they've been at war since literally the day the country was conceived. If the US was to get involved the only boots on the ground would be special forces teams, and drone's would strike the highest level targets Israel is incapable of getting to on it's own. The US cannot afford to go in to Iran, period. Either way Iran's military would be officially overrun within a couple weeks if not days and be forced to resort to guerrilla / insurgent style resistance. That's when it will get ugly with the religious fanatics being unleashed by their handlers.
Quote:

Originally Posted by keitaro (Post 7784896)
China and Russia are big allies with Iran, which in turn could cause them to join the war. In this case we may be facing WWIII. Let's hope there is no attack, and things can be settled peacefully.

'Unlikely' is a gross understatement. China owns the US's debt, they will not go to war with them and severe that extremely complex relationship. It would collapse the entire planet's economy over night, literally everywhere would turn into the Wild West as every monetary system would crash to 0. Neither Israel or Iran is worth that sacrifice.

This is just Iran puffing it's chest to make the ignorant believe there's actually something at stake. It's all hot air.

CRS 02-03-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keitaro (Post 7784896)
Panetta believes Israel may strike Iran this spring: reports | Reuters

US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta believes Israel may attack soon, in which the US will have to join as their ally. This could also lead Canada into the war as well, since we are an ally with Israel.

Do you know how many assumptions you just made there?

G-spec 02-04-2012 12:10 AM

Being a born European it's really weird seeing how different the mentality here in North America is, the fact that we seem to be in our own little bubble unattached to the rest of the world in a way, oblivious to the fact just how bad most of the civilized world despises the US and Israel for their warmongering and bullying.

Most Canadians generally have a good idea what the US is about and we dislike them in a way that one would dislike a douchebag neighbour, but that's as complicated as our view gets, like we know he's a bully douche but whatever ok, what cha gonna do right ?
But the rest of the world especially Europe and Asia, even South America, their view on it is a much more developed and clear understanding of what the US really is and stands for. It's like they know inside and out who this douchebag is and exactly what they've done in the past, and with this understanding comes this very mature and very accepted point of view that's in their collective minds.

Every time I travel to Europe visit family everyone and I mean everyone, from family to friends to the general public right down to the way newscasts are presented, for example every news station I ever seen in Europe reports American events the way Al-Jazeera English does, very unbiased though it almost always seems there is a bias against the US, when there really isn't, it just seems that way because the US makes it so easy by fuckin up everything they do.
But they all have this same universal opinion, like they fuckin know the US=Roman Empire the way we Canadians know that nobody can beat us at hockey... it's like they all took a fckin mandatory class in school on US bullshit and they're all fully aware of who and what this entity is.
This almost fully developed understanding of the United States of America they have is something we Canadians should envy a little bit at least. Then maybe we could move past just raging about it and not really doing anything, onto actually doing something and making a real difference.

RouRK 02-04-2012 12:23 AM

it is the christ killers the world needs to deal with, Not IRAN.

Let the jews figure their own shit out.

CRS 02-04-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RouRK (Post 7785236)

What the fuck did I just read?!

dee242 02-04-2012 02:39 AM

didnt they learn from japan

MindBomber 02-04-2012 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RouRK (Post 7785236)

Great, Revscene is apparently not only populated by racists, but anti-semites.

4doorVIP 02-04-2012 07:20 AM

Im tired of seeing our government kiss so so much Israeli ass to be honest. Let them handle their own conflict, our country is going to have even more enemies if we get involved. MindBomber, what RouRK said is not anti-semite, wake the fuck up you mindless follower.

Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird says that Canada is Israel's staunchest ally in the world, surpassing even the United States in its support

Read more: Canada is Israel's top ally: Baird

StylinRed 02-04-2012 07:37 AM

conservatives have long been bending over for israel and the usa for that matter

there's a rather large lobby here supporting the cons so its no surprise (mulroney did the same)