REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #26
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Here is his "apology and retraction". Notice the "qualifiers" in his apology.... he blames his emotions for getting the better of him.., regardless of what transpired (in other words the Cop WAS a jerk and I shouldn't have let that get to me). Simple statement analysis shows that he is not accepting what he did was wrong and is just trying to make it go away. "Inappropriate" instead of wrong... "much of the language and comments ...how about ALL?

I owe a sincere and heartfelt apology to Cpl. Ryan S. McLeod of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police for comments that appeared in the Wednesday, Feb. 8 edition of the Osoyoos Times.

I fully realize the experienced officer was only doing his job the night in question and my over reaction to what happened between he and I was inappropriate, regardless of what transpired during those 20 minutes.
It was also inappropriate to insist the encounter was embarrassing and humiliating as the officer was respectful at all times in conducting his duties.

Police officers have a very difficult job to do and Cpl. McLeod was simply performing his duties on the night in question and it was not appropriate for me to react the way I did and for that, I remain deeply sorry.

As has been pointed out to me in clear detail since this incident, Cpl. McLeod takes the issue of drinking and driving very seriously and he is well within his rights as a police officer in British Columbia to pull over anyone he suspects may have been consuming alcohol.

Once the readings were revealed, the officer did tell me I was free to go and, once again, there was a complete over reaction on my part.

I realize I let emotion get the better of me, which I sincerely regret.

As a veteran journalist, I know the power of words and much of the language and comments I made about Cpl. McLeod in the performance of his duties were uncalled for.

Cpl. McLeod did not at any time attempt to humiliate or embarrass me and he handled himself professionally and was not confrontational during our encounter.

He did not deserve to be singled out for simply doing his job and I remain truly sorry for what has transpired.

Cpl. McLeod does not make the laws of Canada or British Columbia, but simply enforces them and my inability to acknowledge and recognize this comes with deep regret.

My written account was unfair to Cpl. McLeod and fellow RCMP officers and I assure you this will not happen again.

I deeply regret this incident ever occurred and the damage I have caused to Cpl. McLeod’s reputation.

Keith Lacey

Editor - Osoyoos Times
Advertisement

Last edited by zulutango; 02-13-2012 at 06:00 PM.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #27
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Haaaaaaaaaaaaa

This is awesome.

Thanks for the great read Zulu.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:21 AM   #28