REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #76
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Number 1 complaint when discussing Canadian politics is the fact we usually discuss some hybrid US/Canada system invented by Canadians watching US TV.

Our forefathers fought for nothing. The American Revolution was Americans fighting to cut ties with England over issues of taxation, among other things. Meanwhile, Canadians said, "we cool" and Canada was used as a base of attack on several occasions against America.

We finally severed ties politically in a reading of a bill in the British Parliament in the 80's I think. There were several moves towards affirming our own independence at several points through the earlier 20th century.

Our constitution is very different from the US, and that is why we don't have guns.
I could not agree more with that statement.

Americans are crazy, I would have great difficulty ever spending an extended duration of time there.
Advertisement
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #77
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Same with drunk driving make it a death sentence and see how much money you'd save in road blocks where some jackass gets a 24hr impound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by will068 View Post
This is bull.

If the conservatives are really against pedophiles, they should push our judicial system to have stricter penalties on pedophiles. e.g. life in prison sentences, placing the convicted pedophiles to the general prison population... etc.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #78

Yes because we dont have freedom of expression or anything.
Riiight so those that died in ww1-2 was just a silly canadian ritual, wasn't like they were fighting for freedom or anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Canada doesn't have freedom of speech built into our constitution. Stop quoting stupid American TV shows.

In the US you can get away with saying racist things under the protection of their constitution. Here we decided people don't have the right to say hateful things and are not protected by our constitution.

If you're going to quote what our forefathers fought hard for, you might want to respect them by at least getting it right.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #79
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
Yes because we dont have freedom of expression or anything.
Riiight so those that died in ww1-2 was just a silly canadian ritual, wasn't like they were fighting for freedom or anything.
Instead of actually learning what it is to be Canadian, you respond with more stupidity. Those who died in war for our country would not be proud of you.

taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #80

Listen smart guy, why dont you go down to the next novembrance day march and ask those idiots what they were doing. Just because something has been established doesn't mean you dont have to stand up and continue fighting for it. Which is also exactly what we should be doing now by fighting these spying/tracking internet limitation laws.
Quote:
Instead of actually learning what it is to be Canadian, you respond with more stupidity. Those who died in war for our country would not be proud of you.

Last edited by Death2Theft; 02-19-2012 at 10:09 AM.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #81
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Listen smart guy, why dont you go down to the next novembrance day march and ask those idiots what they were doing. Just because something has been established doesn't mean you dont have to stand up and continue fighting for it. Which is also exactly what we should be doing now by fighting these spying/tracking internet limitation laws.
Hey asshole, when was the last remembrance day ceremony you actually attended? I watch or attend every remembrance day ceremony.

Don't you fucking lecture me on this. I respect our military, my friends currently serve and I have the utmost respect for them. I resppect them by knowing what they are fighting for, not some Americanized TV version of it.

I have ZERO respect for fucktards like you that don't even understand what it is to be Canadian, then preach to me. I bet you haven't even attended a remembrance day ceremony. Go watch so more American TV dumbass.

Mods, sorry for the language.
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #82
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
I have ZERO respect for fucktards like you that don't even understand what it is to be Canadian
Pretty easy to pick out those ignorant little cunts like him in a crowd. Some times we are lucky, like with those Occupy protests few months ago, when they gather in a large group. Easier to round them up like cattle and herd them into a nice bath, courtesy of the Vancouver Fire Department hoses.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #83
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
I thought we were talking about internet tracking..
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #84
Princess Dewey

RCMP investigating threats to Vic Toews from Anonymous hacker group

anonymous.

I hope anonymous succseeds in taking toews and this silly bill down.
[05-03, 17:18] MPTness
if her age on the clock, she's too young for a cock

[12-03, 22:33] Amuro Ray
i was wearing women's clothing in my picture

[14-04, 00:16] Amuro Ray
i have hello kitty underwear

[14-04, 00:23] Amuro Ray
i find feet sexually exciting

[29-04, 00:21] Ri2
if i was a guy i'd just ejaculate on her face all up in her nose, mark yo territory like a beast

[14-05, 23:29] Ri2
i just watched japanese girls poop on each other for like 10 mins
smarv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #85
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
I thought we were talking about internet tracking..
Given that the internet has arguably become the most powerful media tool of the common man, where once unions gave that power, and where people not long ago, fought and died to give us these tools, I can give a pass on the straying off topic. It is a major isssue at the heart of a power struggle that has gone global.

The insults seen in here really have no place in the debate but in Fight Club where no one will read them.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #86

So what exactly might they be fighting for? Certainly nothing mentioned in our national anthem right? Glad to see your butt hurt.
Quote:
Hey asshole, when was the last remembrance day ceremony you actually attended? I watch or attend every remembrance day ceremony.

Don't you fucking lecture me on this. I respect our military, my friends currently serve and I have the utmost respect for them. I resppect them by knowing what they are fighting for, not some Americanized TV version of it.

I have ZERO respect for fucktards like you that don't even understand what it is to be Canadian, then preach to me. I bet you haven't even attended a remembrance day ceremony. Go watch so more American TV dumbass.

Mods, sorry for the language.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #87
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
So what exactly might they be fighting for? Certainly nothing mentioned in our national anthem right? Glad to see your butt hurt.
Glad to confirm you don't attend remembrance day ceremonies. They fight for what's written in our laws, you might want to learn them one day from something other than American TV.

Back on topic, apparently even Toews is backing away from this bill cause of a clause that would give police officers rights to this information under "exceptional circumstances" without listing what that means. Without that clause, police can only request this information as part of an ongoing investigation - thus essentially if they were going to get a warrant anyways.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:35 AM   #88
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
I could not agree more with that statement.

Americans are crazy, I would have great difficulty ever spending an extended duration of time there.
I'm with you. We may sit right next to the border, but cheap gas and groceries are so not worth the trip across the border.

The country is basically so screwed in my mind that I can't even bring myself to use them.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:38 AM   #89
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
So r they passing this bill?
Posted via RS Mobile
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:25 AM   #90

So I guess that means we dont have freedom of expression as a written law/right. You sure schooled me. Thanks for confirming.
Quote:
Glad to confirm you don't attend remembrance day ceremonies. They fight for what's written in our laws, you might want to learn them one day from something other than American TV.

Back on topic, apparently even Toews is backing away from this bill cause of a clause that would give police officers rights to this information under "exceptional circumstances" without listing what that means. Without that clause, police can only request this information as part of an ongoing investigation - thus essentially if they were going to get a warrant anyways.
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #91
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
The country is basically so screwed in my mind that I can't even bring myself to use them.
I am a student of political science and history and what is happening to the US is really freaking me out too. It is quite clear that they are becoming a police state and since we are right next to them, we can expect that some of that paranoia will spill over here. (The Canadian Conservative Party's Bill C-30 is a case in point, "there are pedophiles everywhere, you're either with us or with the pedophiles!" ... gee, where did we hear similar rhetoric before?)

If this craziness continues, I will be applying for duel-citizenship to another country for myself and my family just in case the SHTF. Many wealthy individuals in the US have already packed their bags and left (ie. James Cameron moved his family to New Zealand, Doug Casey moved his family to Argentina, Jim Rogers moved to Singapore, James Turk moved to Europe, to name just a few)
LIKEABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:15 AM   #92
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
So I guess that means we dont have freedom of expression as a written law/right. You sure schooled me. Thanks for confirming.
If you'd been paying attention you'd have known we do NOT have 100% "freedom" in Canada. Our constitution includes "freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression" with a big gotcha that's different than the similar American clause.

In Canada "freedom" has limits unlike in the US. In the US racist/sexist/bigoted/... comments are protected under their "freedom" while in Canada it is considered a hate crime and is not protected - you'd know this subtle difference if you didn't learn Canadian law from CSI and Law & Order.

I sure hope you're not a political science major.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #93

When did I ever say that our freedoms are the same as the americans? Your putting words in my mouth and then telling me I'm wrong. Next time you want to pick a fight go talk to a mirror, saves the rest of us alot of time.
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #94
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
When did I ever say that our freedoms are the same as the americans? Your putting words in my mouth and then telling me I'm wrong. Next time you want to pick a fight go talk to a mirror, saves the rest of us alot of time.
Your words speak for themselves:
Quote:
It's amazing to see how easily you guys give up on free speech that was paid for with the blood of your forefathers. Oh well who needs a constitution anyways.
As has been pointed out, we didn't go to war for our rights, and we don't have "free speech" - yet nice back tracking.

Next time you want to open your mouth, please don't, shut it.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #95

We went to war to defend our rights makes no diff to me. Freedom is something every citizen should be on the lookout to defend/fight/preserve. It's not something thats won once and never challenged again. Play semantics all you want.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #96
Banned By Establishment

Here is my question for those of you pissed off about this, or pretty much anything Harper does that you don't like. Do you actually do anything about it or just bitch and whine on internet forums?
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #97
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Play semantics all you want.
Its not semantics, its history and the law. You'd do well to learn both.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #98

Ok you're right our forefathers were just playing cowboys and Indians at ww1 and 2, not defending our freedoms.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #99
Princess Dewey

Hacker group Anonymous threatens Vic Toews | CTV Atlantic

Just saw this on ctv, it looks like the bill will be rewritten, up to anonymous for raising enough awareness hopefully it can just be thrown out.
[05-03, 17:18] MPTness
if her age on the clock, she's too young for a cock

[12-03, 22:33] Amuro Ray
i was wearing women's clothing in my picture

[14-04, 00:16] Amuro Ray
i have hello kitty underwear

[14-04, 00:23] Amuro Ray
i find feet sexually exciting

[29-04, 00:21] Ri2
if i was a guy i'd just ejaculate on her face all up in her nose, mark yo territory like a beast

[14-05, 23:29] Ri2
i just watched japanese girls poop on each other for like 10 mins
smarv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #100
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
Ok you're right our forefathers were just playing cowboys and Indians at ww1 and 2, not defending our freedoms.
Posted via RS Mobile
Defending our freedoms while interning Japanese Canadians... :P