REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #26
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 10,865 Times in 4,530 Posts
^taylor swift - Google Search

Now pic your favourite and tell us why..........
Advertisement
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #27
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,811 Times in 1,062 Posts
At 5'11", I bet Taylor Swift's taller than half the people in this thread.

And first Mila Kunis, then Justin Timberlake and now Taylor Swift. Who will be the first celeb to be a dick and turn down an invitation?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #28
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,730 Times in 374 Posts
^
rJZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #29
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
And first Mila Kunis, then Justin Timberlake and now Taylor Swift. Who will be the first celeb to be a dick and turn down an invitation?
Scarlett Johansson and Betty White both have turned down public invites to balls. Tim Tebow hasn't responded to his, and a number of others haven't responded either.

Honestly its getting out of hand, this is the new fad, regular people taking to Youtube/social media to invite celebs to their balls and proms, so many out there, its getting stupid. I've had several clients receive invites and honestly they are in a no win situation, you say yes to one, and you're opening up yourself to 1000s more invites and having to rearrange other engagements and shooting schedules, pissing off studios and other people on set, you say no and some fans/media will think you are an ass or something.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #30
MG1

Now who do I want to invite to my balls.........
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #31
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,811 Times in 1,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Scarlett Johansson and Betty White both have turned down public invites to balls. Tim Tebow hasn't responded to his, and a number of others haven't responded either.

Honestly its getting out of hand, this is the new fad, regular people taking to Youtube/social media to invite celebs to their balls and proms, so many out there, its getting stupid. I've had several clients receive invites and honestly they are in a no win situation, you say yes to one, and you're opening up yourself to 1000s more invites and having to rearrange other engagements and shooting schedules, pissing off studios and other people on set, you say no and some fans/media will think you are an ass or something.
She's a lovely lady, but someone invited Betty White to a ball?

Yeah exactly - it is getting out of hand, and it's a no-win situation.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #32
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
She's a lovely lady, but someone invited Betty White to a ball?
MILF, Cougar, Wildcat......... jebuz, would have to create new catagory for the likes of Betty White.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #33
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 4,932 Times in 1,485 Posts
For the sake of clarity, I want to say this:

The Sedins wanted to donate anonymously. It was children's hospital that had to convince them into making the contribution public.

$750,000 each is NOT equivalent to $20 for them. I'm sure that comment was made in jest but its absurd too.
Posted via RS Mobile
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #34
no

Thanked 5,979 Times in 1,205 Posts
not really relevant, but this story sort of reminded me of the girl that went to my highschool

she lied through the media saying she had cancer, even providing 'legit-looking' hospital documents that she paid someone to make proving that she was suffering from cancer. All this was to meet Chris Angel, and at one point he actually accepted her request and went for dinner with her etc in vegas. She lied to her friends saying she met him personally somewhere and became friends

and of course, couple days later everything was exposed, and she just stopped coming to school...

dumb bitch
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #35
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
For the sake of clarity, I want to say this:

The Sedins wanted to donate anonymously. It was children's hospital that had to convince them into making the contribution public.

$750,000 each is NOT equivalent to $20 for them. I'm sure that comment was made in jest but its absurd too.
Posted via RS Mobile
The other side of the coin is, if a celebrity - especially a well-liked and respected celebrity - donates publicly, the hope is that it may inspire others to do it as well - obviously this is what BC Kids was hoping for.

And while your average Hollywood debutante needs all the good press she can get, the Sedins don't stand to gain anything personally by making such a donation public. It doesn't affect their signing value or their ice time, so there should be no selfish motive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #36
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 4,932 Times in 1,485 Posts
^ very good point. Society as a whole is just way too cynical these days. People don't always have ulterior motives.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #37
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,764 Times in 1,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishTaco View Post
So then how would we know who donated if it's anonymous?

Your theory is flawed. You want actors to donate anonymously, but get mad that you don't hear about it.
When I mean donate anonymously, I don't mean leaving a duffel bag full of cash at the front door.
The only people that need to know are the giver and the receiver, with the media left out of it.
I never said I get mad when I don't hear about it. Why would I need to know about it?
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #38

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
^ very good point. Society as a whole is just way too cynical these days. People don't always have ulterior motives.
And in the same vein, you only rarely see the photos of the players visiting BC Kids and Canuck Place, but the kids, parents and staff say it happens all the time - sometimes it's a planned visit with a number of players, sometimes a player will just stop by on his own time to visit a couple kids. Same thing - it's nothing that gets them brownie points at the contract table or anything, it's something they can do to give of themselves because it makes a difference.

And back to the Taylor Swift thing... you have to remember that these people probably get bombarded constantly by fan letters and tweets and such, everything from a simple "I love your work" to psycho stalkers. There's nothing that says they have to go out of their way for a fan the way she did for this guy... I can't speak for her, but I wonder sometimes if celebs who do these things would be just as happy if everyone DIDN'T know, so they can go out and enjoy a normal evening with another human being without being mobbed. Now she'll probably get a bazillion more "I'M DYING, PLEASE MAKE MY WISH COME TRUE" things. But knowing that, she still took time out for this guy.

Actually, I was kind of impressed when she did her song at the Grammys - not only did she kick ass, but she looked genuinely surprised when the crowd gave her a standing-O. With the years of success she's already got behind her, that's a sign of a truly grounded person.

Watch all the way through:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #39
McFogg The Dawg is my homeboy

Thanked 1,130 Times in 286 Posts

Last edited by kevin7352; 02-28-2012 at 04:52 PM.
kevin7352 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #40
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
isnt this what that make a wish foundation is for? do it through a organization so they can decide whether or not your dying illness or w/e is worse than the next kids

Timmy: "i have leukemia and my dying wish is to meet nicolas cage."
Jimmy: "i have a large tumor lodged in the back of my head and my dying wish is to meet selena gomez."

Well sorry Jimmy, we can't grant your wish. Timmy's disease is much worse compared to yours. The celebrity he wishes to meet has made nothing good the last decade and is on a savage decline in the movie industry.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
b0unce. [?] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #41
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
you know what a fun make a wish would be? to have EA Sports create you as a goalie in NHL09 with 100% attributes and dont tell anyone youre in the game so when RRxtar plays a full season and playoffs in solo mode and takes his team to the cup final he cant score on you and its too late to change the roster settings.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #42

Thanked 9,467 Times in 3,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
MILF, Cougar, Wildcat......... jebuz, would have to create new catagory for the likes of Betty White.

BST feedback
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote