REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:42 AM   #26
RS controls my life!

all these flashmobs are becoming more gay. The very first one I saw was a flashmob freeze in paris and new york which was awesome but, then all these stupid flash mob dances come out like every week, just over rated now.
Advertisement
Old 02-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
There are two different groups of people here...

First group legitimately recognizes the purpose but feels that this is hardly a way to overcome bullying. Support the idea of preventing bullying but feel that this flash mob is hardly a solution or a preventative measure.

Second group, evident from the last few posts, are in here trying to fit in with the rest, trying to be cool but completely missed the point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
HAHA NERDS

Im taking all your lunch money

People like you go through life trying to be hardcore, trying to impress others and get a few laughs. You fail.

All in all, I don't believe in "anti-bullying day." What is a single-day supposed to do for bullying? Shouldn't every day be anti-bullying day? What the hell is awareness? How does awareness prevent something? How does a sob story on your Facebook status help a kid who's getting bullied? It's a "let's make us feel better about ourselves day" for people who are to pussy to actually stand-up to bullies. For people who sit and watch but don't have the balls to actually tell a bully to fuck off and to stop picking on the helpless kid.

I also think bullying is apart of life and that children should be taught to stick up for themselves. Unless there is an obvious size difference and the child has major confidence issues, children should be taught to stand their ground and to not take any shit from other people. Let a bully do it once, and you open up a door of bad experiences. Stick up to one once, and people will know you won't take shit from anyone.

Last edited by parm104; 03-04-2012 at 03:01 AM.
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-29-2012, 08:14 PM   #28
My homepage has been set to RS

^i used to think the same way, but i do think that a day of awareness is an excuse for various fundraisers, initiatives and just general thought to go out about raising money for a cause, talking about a cause, getting it in the minds of people what is right etc. I think it definitely achieves something

with that said i agree with your other point - i think people on here are douchebags for the most part...."ooo i hate flashmobs"..."ooo this isn't a flashmob"..."these kids are gay, fuck these kids". Man fuck YOU fucking loser haters, get a job and some money and a girlfriend and a hobby and bring some happiness to your lives so you can stop hating on people who are just trying to do good or have fun.

Wether these kids are doing it cause they believe in anti bullying or cause they just enjoy dancing or cause they wanted to try to take part in a flashmob, who the fuck are you cunts in here to be such fucking bitches about it? It's people enjoying themselves, leave them alone. You talk about people should stop wining about bullying but you're here whining about wining about bullying.

Last edited by drunkrussian; 02-29-2012 at 09:48 PM.
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #29
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
All in all, I don't believe in "anti-bullying day." What is a single-day supposed to do for bullying? Shouldn't every day be anti-bullying day? What the hell is awareness?
so we don't need mother's day...father's day...valentine's day...remembrance day...canada day etc? okay sure, the last 2 has some major historical significance...but just because shouldn't every day be _______ day doesn't mean we cannot assign 1 out of 365 to attribute some more value into it.
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #30
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
so we don't need mother's day...father's day...valentine's day...remembrance day...canada day etc? okay sure, the last 2 has some major historical significance...but just because shouldn't every day be _______ day doesn't mean we cannot assign 1 out of 365 to attribute some more value into it.
That's a good point. But on Mother's Day, Father's Day, etc. we actual make a REAL impact on people that those days are devoted to. If we celebrate Mother's Day for example, our mother's experience the effects of that day directly.

I don't just change my status on Facebook or dance in a mall on mother's day.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:29 AM   #31
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
There are two different groups of people here...

First group legitimately recognizes the purpose but feels that this is hardly a way to overcome bullying. Support the idea of preventing bullying but feel that this flash mob is hardly a solution or a preventative measure.

Second group, evident from the last few posts, are in here trying to fit in with the rest, trying to be cool but completely missed the point...

People like you go through life trying to be hardcore, trying to impress others and get a few laughs. You fail.

All in all, I don't believe in "anti-bullying day." What is a single-day supposed to do for bullying? Shouldn't every day be anti-bullying day? What the hell is awareness? How does awareness prevent something? How does a sob story on your Facebook status help a kid who's getting bullied? It's a "let's make us feel better about ourselves day" for people who are to pussy to actually stand-up to bullies. For people who sit and watch but don't have the balls to actually tell a bully to fuck off and to stop picking on the helpless kid.

I also think bullying is apart of life and that children should be taught to stick up for themselves. Unless there is an obvious size difference and the child has major confidence issues, children should be taught to stand their ground and to not take any shit from other people. Let a bully do it once, and you open up a door of bad experiences. Stick up to one once, and people will know you won't take shit from anyone.
Yeah, that was called a joke. Take it easy, big philosopher buddy.

The worst kind of person is the one that can't recognize a joke and just take it in stride or have a laugh. Loosen up. If everyone had such a negative outlook and didn't have a sense of humour, then life would suck. You fail.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-01-2012, 07:54 AM   #32
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

your jokes suck. shut up
Pooface55 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #33
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Wanna hear some more?
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #34
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
Yeah, that was called a joke. Take it easy, big philosopher buddy.

The worst kind of person is the one that can't recognize a joke and just take it in stride or have a laugh. Loosen up. If everyone had such a negative outlook and didn't have a sense of humour, then life would suck. You fail.
How do you think most bullying starts?

It's always a bunch of guys thinking it would be funny to say this or do that but end up hurting people. They never intended for people to be emotionally scarred. They just wanted a few laughs. You have to be mindful of your audience when you "joke."

Last edited by Shades; 03-01-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #35
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Waiting for this to go to fc.
Firmware is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #36
I am Hook'd on RS

Honestly, I think awareness days are bullshit. Yay, we're aware of bullying!

You know what's gonna stop bullying? Getting rid of zero tolerance. You want people to stop getting bullied? Stop punishing them for fighting back.

Guess who got bulled in highschool? Me. Guess who got suspended for fighting back against a bully in front of his friends? Me. You introduce zero tolerance, you punish the good kids more than the bad. The bad kids get off 'cause their friends will back them up and say the others started the trouble. The good kids get shit on at school and at home and live in fear.

Want to stop people from getting picked on? Let them fucking fight back.
Dickson_Top is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #37
Old School RS

Thanked 3,930 Times in 1,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkrussian View Post
Spoiler!

Wether these kids are doing it cause they believe in anti bullying or cause they just enjoy dancing or cause they wanted to try to take part in a flashmob, who the fuck are you cunts in here to be such fucking bitches about it? It's people enjoying themselves, leave them alone. You talk about people should stop wining about bullying but you're here whining about wining about bullying.

And for what it's worth... I agree with most people in this thread that reducing bullying is a worthwhile cause but a dance routine in the mall in matching pink t-shirts is a waste of time and bandwidth.

Mark
Old 03-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #38
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Okay no one wants to see a bunch of idiots dance, flash mob freezes are cool, or maybe when theatre companies do it. If you liked the video you probably like Glee.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #39
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

In a feeble attempt to stopped bullying, they probably did more pollution and CO2 emissions to damage environment by scooting around in the Aberdeen parking lot and around Richmond.

So over net impact to the community is negative.

Also, since when did flash mobs have contacted the building management and setup a time and venue for it and also have 800+ people standing around anticipating for it?
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #40
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickson_Top View Post

You know what's gonna stop bullying? Getting rid of zero tolerance. You want people to stop getting bullied? Stop punishing them for fighting back.

Guess who got bulled in highschool? Me. Guess who got suspended for fighting back against a bully in front of his friends? Me. You introduce zero tolerance, you punish the good kids more than the bad. The bad kids get off 'cause their friends will back them up and say the others started the trouble. The good kids get shit on at school and at home and live in fear.

I know where you are coming from bro...I too was bullied in high school for the wrong sorts. I was blamed for shit I never did I was bullied and given death threats. I regret not fighting back... Although it has made me the person I am today. Growing up my mom and dad always taught me seperate things. My mother always told me to ignore it if all fails tell someone... eventually they will stop because they arent getting the reaction they want. Fortunately bullies always have the drive to harass you. Then I spoke to someone frankly this always makes the situation worse then you get called a rat, snitch, etc. My father always told me to fight back. I did once I never regretted it. An ex best friend sent a guy to slap me in front of tonnes of people. I taught him what a hay maker was. He balled his eyes out.

Although at the end of the day bullying sucks it can help build tolerance and drive in life. I look back and none of those fucks are doing anything in life but studying forever in school, sucking cock, drug dealing, or sitting on their ass gaming. At the end of the day the wimps and nerds who succeed ultimately have the future laid out for them where as these tough asses have to live day by day wondering if they will eat. I now am successful working full time with a great job. I look forward to when one day one of these losers come under my power to work for me.
toyobaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #41
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,782 Times in 977 Posts
ppl on the internet: Bullying is wrong, but we don't need stupid pink shirts to stop it!
ppl on the internet: haha, look at that nerdy kid
ppl on the internet: haha, look at the hover hand geek
ppl on the internet: haha, he's so gay
ppl on the internet: herp derp, my wheels poke out, no fat chicks, car will scrape

Old 03-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post

And for what it's worth... I agree with most people in this thread that reducing bullying is a worthwhile cause but a dance routine in the mall in matching pink t-shirts is a waste of time and bandwidth.

Mark
lol yeah yeah realized the typos after i posted but was too lazy to go back and edit
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #43
RS controls my life!

Pink shirt day belongs to breast cancer. Stop confusing me with the shirt support. Make it purple shirt day, or bully a bully day.

Best solution for bully prevention:Give bully's a psychological analysis, or expel them if it they're bullying continues. And let the kids being bullied know that it's alright to rat on pricks who mess with you. Don't listen to the hood movies kiddies.
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2012, 01:56 AM   #44
I STILL don't get it

Want to stop bullying?
Schools need to hold assemblies where habitual bullies are handcuffed and their victims get to kick the shit out of them and humiliate them in front of the whole school. Filmed also ofcourse to be put on facebook and youtube.
I don't give a shit what people say. Habitual bullies aren't normal kids. The only way to deal with these assholes is to break them the fuck down; destroy them completely mentally and physically.
Punishments don't do shit.
Only way to curb their twisted behavior is to destroy them.
Will they most likely become a completely broken, anti-social, on-edge shell of what they used to be? Hell-fucking-yes. And that's the price you pay for picking on people with malicious intent.
Posted via RS Mobile
wstce92 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2012, 05:00 AM   #45
Rs has made me the man i am today!

EndLeSS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #46
Banned (ABWS)

bobbyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #47
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickson_Top View Post

Holy fuck this is my life story right here. Some of my cousins taught me to fight in the event that one day the bully would try to physically bully me. One day I raged out and defended myself and started punching the kid, he was knocked out, but my anger made me throw in some extra punches cause I was pissed from all the built up inside.

The witnesses were his friends, he got cuts on his face and a huge black eye, the teacher came just I stopped punching him. All his friends said I started it, and I got suspended for 2 days, the guy got nothing and everybody made me look like the villain.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote