REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-06-2021, 02:17 PM   #1451
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriyaki View Post
Oh wow, I didn't know Groupon was still a thing! The 10 piece for 23 is not bad. They have deals from time to time on Ubereats for b1g1 as well.
I just realized I still have the App on my phone, haven't opened it in over a year! I stopped using it when it was always the same stores and the ones I actually bought was not good even with lower expectations.
Advertisement
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 12:41 PM   #1452
Banned By Establishment

Confessions of a Frugal Shopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrophobia View Post
Mine shows valid until Aug. 4

Just checked the app and mine says Aug 4 as well. Glad I did not miss out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 05:29 AM   #1453
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,515 Times in 4,906 Posts
American Express is having their "Shop Small" promotion again. Register your card and spend minimum $10.00 to get $5.00 in credit. Up to 10 times.

Log onto their website to register your card and see the list of participating businesses (map view, as well). Support local and get rewarded.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2021, 11:43 AM   #1454
MG1

Free fries at McDonald’s with mobile order. Today only. Just got one with my Diet Coke

This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2021, 01:14 PM   #1455
Banned By Establishment

Confessions of a Frugal Shopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Today only, KFC revisits toonie Tuesday, $2 chicken sandwich if you download their app.

https://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/re...=popular_deals

Is it just me or are you limited to only one $2 sandwich?

Old 07-14-2021, 06:49 AM   #1456
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Burger King free fries with $1 min purchase until July 18th. Can I suggest $1 ice cream or pop or $1.99 popcorn chicken.

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2021, 10:52 AM   #1457
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
https://www.neutrogena.ca/sunscreen-recall
You can claim up to 3 cans at 4 or more you will need receipts.
I use this product and I like it so I hope they sort it out. I submitted for 3 cans I have to hunt for the 3rd receipt just in case lol
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:19 AM   #1458
MG1

Just went to the new entertainment section at Brentwood Mall. Arcades, bar, and eating joint, called the Rec Room (they're in select malls across the country). I purchased a $50.00 package. 365 credits (tokens) or something like that. Worth it, but for a limited time, they have this offer which makes it even better. With the $50.00 deal, you get a free VIP movie ticket. The credits and movie tickets don't expire, but the offer is for a limited time.

https://www.therecroom.com/default

I tried the VR driving thing. Epic fail......... I will go back and master it.

They have a time slot where kids are not allowed. From 10:00 pm till Midnight. Okay, it's a little like what someone said about Richmond Night Market...... 20 year olds with hot girlfriends..........that means 97.96% of RS should not be going, Gulolol.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. Don't purchase the $50.00 package at the vending machines. You need to line up and pay at the main booth area. Also, if you have a Scene Card, use it to earn points.

As for the theatre itself, it looked very nice. Didn't actually go in, but the lounge before heading into the theatres was nice with a pretty good view. I intend to go back at night to check out the view. Fountains below and the city lights. Someone needs to clean the top of the SkyTrain station. Filthy, it is.

Last edited by MG1; 07-22-2021 at 02:10 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2021, 06:30 AM   #1459
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,365 Times in 5,658 Posts
How long would the $50 package keep you gaming
Old 07-22-2021, 07:13 AM   #1460
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Ohh I went to checkout Brentwood, there's nothing there, but it's nice, didn't go in the rec room cuz there was a ginormous lineup waiting to get in, assumed it was like the playdium but less games, guess that's what it is
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:26 AM   #1461
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
How long would the $50 package keep you gaming
Right now, they have promo going on where games are half price until September? It’s in the link I posted. I’m kind of glad these places have evolved past those pesky rolls and rolls of tickets. I got me one of them bracelets with the RFID? built in. Everything is done through that. Not sure if they have cards or not, but I love the idea of holding your wrist up to the reader pad that’s on all the games.

Old 07-22-2021, 09:31 AM   #1462
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Ohh I went to checkout Brentwood, there's nothing there, but it's nice, didn't go in the rec room cuz there was a ginormous lineup waiting to get in, assumed it was like the playdium but less games, guess that's what it is
Yeah, I got there at 4:00 pm. That’s when they open. The line moves quickly. The line up is to check your age. They didn’t check me at all. I wAnder why? Gulolol. Children can go in, but only with a parent. The kids who were there seemed to really enjoy the place. The sports bar is my favourite section.

This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2021, 09:49 AM   #1463
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,912 Posts
SUCCESS fundraising promo ... unfortunately, SUCCESS is somewhat Asian oriented so you can expect the line up to be ginormous !!! Not letting me load pic cuz it's png.

Today - Denny's Original Grand Slam $2.99 take out only at SW Marine Dr location, 8:00 am to 2:00 pm

Friday - Canadian Pizza Two for One, 8531 Alexandra, Richmond. Hawaii Med pizza for $6 for 10", all day.

Last edited by whitev70r; 07-22-2021 at 09:54 AM.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2021, 01:59 PM   #1464
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
As is the case with any new shiny thing in the city these days, crazy lines for the first little bit. I'll check it out when the hype dies down. Do you think my 4 year old would enjoy the place or it's more for teens?

There bubble tea store (Machi) across the street from my work had crazy 2 hour lines for the first month or so. It's empty now.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2021, 06:36 PM   #1465
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

New coupons in the DQ app. Good ice cream is goooood!
Old 07-22-2021, 06:42 PM   #1466
MG1

I have the app, but never open it. Well then, gonna have to check it out. Thanks.

Old 07-23-2021, 03:09 AM   #1467
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
As is the case with any new shiny thing in the city these days, crazy lines for the first little bit. I'll check it out when the hype dies down. Do you think my 4 year old would enjoy the place or it's more for teens?

There bubble tea store (Machi) across the street from my work had crazy 2 hour lines for the first month or so. It's empty now.
Didn't go inside, I had assumed it was adults only, cuz alcohol, but I guess not based off the ppl in line with kids, and mg1s review, kids love anything tho

Ohh right machi machi! Been meaning to check that place out, thx for the reminder
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 07:36 AM   #1468
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Do you think my 4 year old would enjoy the place or it's more for teens?
Yes, lots of kids running around having loads of fun. Not sure how tall your 4 year old is, but you can play with them. I was playing Mario Cart against this guy with his kid on his lap. I annihilated them, but they were there just to have fun. I had lots of fun at this game that required you to build a 50 story apartment tower. Each level slides in and you're supposed to time it just right, by hitting the button to let it fall into place. If you miss it, the section that is hanging off just falls. The following pieces are then the size of what is left from the previous move. You receive tickets the higher you go. The tickets are automatically accumulated onto your account. I went into the prize room and it had the usual stuff you get at other arcades. An Xbox, hmmmm........ I wasn't paying attention to what the little kids were doing. Just tried not to step on them. The atmosphere of the place, I think, is great for kids. As for alcohol, it's served at the sports bar. There was a section where they had table tennis (not ping pong, 'cause that's so wrong a term) and a pool table? I couldn't quite see, as it was in a separate room? I'm going back there today to really see all of it. The Jays are playing this afternoon, so I might go watch it at the bar. My eldest son has a day off, so I'll spend some quality time with him. Maybe even take in a movie at the Cineplex VIP Cinemas.

Oh, some of the older kids (anything younger than the age of 40 is a kid in my books) were a little distracting 10:00 pm to Midnight, no children hours must be quite the party atmosphere. Too much excitement for me, I'm afraid. I hear Matlock reruns are on again, gulolol.

Last edited by MG1; 07-23-2021 at 07:47 AM.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:44 AM   #1469
RS Veteran

I am still winning free frosters, candy, energy drinks etc on Circle K rock paper scissors game. Often they are bogo wins so I ignore those.

DQ coupon highlights - $1 medium fries, $1 ice cream cone (x2)

My favourite coupon received in the mail is Wendys Dave's single burger $3.00. It has to used at the drive through or counter (no mobile). I like to add a Jr Bacon Cheeseburger and a $1 frosty. Total $6.59

I am definitely gonna get fat.

This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2021, 07:56 AM   #1470
MG1

I'm saving up my pennies so I can go see the Samoan again and enjoy some real food............. WTF? What did I just say? When did I get like this? It's like when I stopped going to Sushi Garden. Nothing wrong with the food, but in my old age, I'm starting to appreciate quality over quantity and price. When I was starting off with a family and with a huge mortgage, I would never have stepped into anyplace that.............. you get the idea. Still not a snob. Feet still firmly grounded. Will not, and cannot, forget the empty larder days.

This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2021, 09:10 AM   #1471
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrophobia View Post
New coupons in the DQ app. Good ice cream is goooood!

It would be nice if they put the bogo blizzards more often. Then I would be there every time. Lol

Old 07-23-2021, 12:25 PM   #1472
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman88 View Post
It would be nice if they put the bogo blizzards more often. Then I would be there every time. Lol

That was exactly what my family said when we saw the coupons yesterday

MG1 - DQ usually adds a Monday deal on the app...start of the work week treat!
Old 07-23-2021, 09:35 PM   #1473
RS Veteran

Last few years they really eased up on the Blizzard deals. Even the bogo require paying $1-$2 for the second blizzard.

Old 07-25-2021, 10:59 PM   #1474
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Just went to the new entertainment section at Brentwood Mall. Arcades, bar, and eating joint, called the Rec Room (they're in select malls across the country). I purchased a $50.00 package. 365 credits (tokens) or something like that. Worth it, but for a limited time, they have this offer which makes it even better. With the $50.00 deal, you get a free VIP movie ticket. The credits and movie tickets don't expire, but the offer is for a limited time.
I went on the Tuesday that week (VIP movies only $15) and the worker told me that $50 movie deal was sold out the day before. was gonna get it so I could watch another movie and get the free hour gameplay lol

theres a sweet deal till the end of the month where you can get a free hour of gaming with proof of your movie ticket on the same day (not sure if weekends count) by showing ur ticket stub/proof at the movie ticket booth at the front.

also regular games at rec room are half off mon-thurs till end of September

Last edited by Vansterdam; 07-26-2021 at 04:55 PM.
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2021, 12:37 AM   #1475
MG1

You were lied to, my friend. I went today and got the $50.00 deal again. For my daughter, this time. My youngest son got one, too. I went to see what the theatres looked like. I'm not a moviegoer, but man, such comfortable seats. Went out onto the balcony. They had live entertainment on the stage below (next to the fountain). Anyway...............