REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:58 AM   #26
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

RE: CRS's photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
For all we know you got a parking ticket, then went over and paid for parking after the guy left. That's what the times would suggest.
that what i was thinking. you need to provide a stub proving you paid BEFORE you got ticketed. 15 min is a pretty big time difference to be off.

lets ignore that discrepency for a sec, you could have argued the attendant was blind, as you had proof of payment.

RE: JD¹³

If they don't cancel, I'm not saying' you should fuck their shit up, but....
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2012, 07:23 AM   #27
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Just file a law suit saying you slipped on ice on their lot, they'd love that.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:30 AM   #28
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
RE: Hurricane & Turbo E

I was actually pacing back and forth while on the phone. I was not paying attention to my car (though in retrospect everything is 20/20). It was 8 minutes between when I parked and got the ticket. Not 15 minutes. I'm not sure if you have had the chance to call into a CC company by phone but it there is a hold time and the time it gets through verification.

If you add up the times, it is actually rather quick for that to happen.

** Edit:

Ticket got cancelled.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #29
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo E View Post
RE: JD¹³

JD¹³ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #30
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo E View Post
i can totally picture JD¹³ walkin' up in there lookin like his avatar

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:17 AM   #31
JSS
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

these parking companies are a bunch of leeches.

impark charged my credit card at my work parking lot on a day i wasnt even working.

i was no where near that parking lot the day they charged the card... let alone the fact that the credit card that was charged is sitting at my cousins house in california, so im curious how i managed to swipe my own credit card when it was sitting in san francisco and i wasnt even at work that day.

fuck impark.
JSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #32
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSS View Post
these parking companies are a bunch of leeches.

impark charged my credit card at my work parking lot on a day i wasnt even working.

i was no where near that parking lot the day they charged the card... let alone the fact that the credit card that was charged is sitting at my cousins house in california, so im curious how i managed to swipe my own credit card when it was sitting in san francisco and i wasnt even at work that day.

fuck impark.
That's... odd. They may be slimey, but I don't see how they could have done this.

Are you sure you're not looking at the posted date rather than the transaction date?
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #33
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
about 10yrs ago before the machines approved the card right away I used a friends cancelled card to pay for my tickets everyday. Worked for 3 years no questions asked and then they got smart. Just like the skytrain day pass you used to scratch the dates and if you were not checked you wouldn't scratch it.

I so miss those days
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #34
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,026 Times in 201 Posts
lol DSP / all private companies are douches.. last time i got one at the night market i just turned my windshield wiper on as i left lol.. I wonder what they do when you got a day permit though... Just write down the permit number? lol
68 Plymouth Barracuda
03 Custom Chopper
TurboFC3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #35
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,462 Times in 390 Posts
i got ticketed today at 9:30pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
I sold my Yaris 5 years ago, and seriously, IT IS better than your shit box civics. The mods I have for that car is probably worth more than your whole self-worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joreus View Post
After spending some time reading through this thread, I now know how to give a killer blowjob. Thanks revscene.

2005 richmond transportation device
nack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jivan6 View Post
i got ticketed today at 9:30pm
Weird.. i did too a few days ago, INFRONT OF MY OWN HOUSE..for having 1 wheel slightly on the tiny ass ROUNDED CURB , fuck. fucking douche city of surrey cocksuckers.. Oh well, 20 bucks lesson learned lol. Weird though since when i lived @ my parents house we had grass infront of the house and used to park cars there overnight for years and NEVER got a ticket.
68 Plymouth Barracuda
03 Custom Chopper
Old 03-08-2012, 08:16 AM   #37
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFC3S View Post
Weird.. i did too a few days ago, INFRONT OF MY OWN HOUSE..for having 1 wheel slightly on the tiny ass ROUNDED CURB , fuck. fucking douche city of surrey cocksuckers.. Oh well, 20 bucks lesson learned lol. Weird though since when i lived @ my parents house we had grass infront of the house and used to park cars there overnight for years and NEVER got a ticket.
You need to figure out which part of the property belongs to the city, and which part belongs to the house owner. In Vancouver, if there is a sidewalk, the sidewalk, and any grass between the sidewalk and road belongs to the city.

If there is no curb/sidewalk - you can do whatever - drive onto the middle of your lawn, etc - because it belongs to the house owner.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by gars View Post
You need to figure out which part of the property belongs to the city, and which part belongs to the house owner. In Vancouver, if there is a sidewalk, the sidewalk, and any grass between the sidewalk and road belongs to the city.

If there is no curb/sidewalk - you can do whatever - drive onto the middle of your lawn, etc - because it belongs to the house owner.
Yeah.. Thats the weird part. There is NO sidewalk. Just a a small rounded old ass curb where the grass starts. I guess technically the city owns that 2.5 foot portion of grass before the trees / my lawn.. So gay.. Paid the ticket since it was cheap and my times more valuble than the trouble of disputing a parking ticket, but if it happens again ill defiantly look into what belong to the city & dispute if i can
68 Plymouth Barracuda
03 Custom Chopper
Old 03-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #39
I LIKE JDM!!

Thanked 2,175 Times in 715 Posts
This is crazy, man!

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio
european is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #40
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
RE: Hurricane & Turbo E

I was actually pacing back and forth while on the phone. I was not paying attention to my car (though in retrospect everything is 20/20). It was 8 minutes between when I parked and got the ticket. Not 15 minutes. I'm not sure if you have had the chance to call into a CC company by phone but it there is a hold time and the time it gets through verification.

If you add up the times, it is actually rather quick for that to happen.

** Edit:

Ticket got cancelled.

What is your point? Pace back and forth within eyesight of your car, or go sit in it. It's common sense. I have not only called my credit card company before, but I have been in the exact same situation as you on multiple occasions. I have even seen the enforcement guy coming, and interjected before he had a chance to write me a ticket.

Glad they cancelled it for you.
Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #41
God of Unce

CTV investigate this shit.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #42
CRS

Quote:
What is your point? Pace back and forth within eyesight of your car, or go sit in it. It's common sense. I have not only called my credit card company before, but I have been in the exact same situation as you on multiple occasions. I have even seen the enforcement guy coming, and interjected before he had a chance to write me a ticket.

Glad they cancelled it for you.
I'm not sure why you seem so butthurt about my story.

It's simply just that. My story.

I understand that I probably should have been paying more attention to my car but then again, having my credit card rejected on a small purposes raises flags about someone who has potentially stolen my CC info. I was more worried about that than I was about an enforcement guy ticketing my car.

What is YOUR point?

To exercise common sense in retrospect? Well thanks, Captain Obvious. I'll be sure to do those things the next time it comes up.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #43
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
lol this reminds of last night i was parking on the street on alexandra road and i went to pay the parking meter that issues the parking ticket, it was 8:22 so i only put in a dollar for 30 mins (free after 9) when i put the dollar in, the meter says the ticket will expire at 8:10! called the "automated service" and entered the meter number, then the automated voice just said "goodbye" and hung up!
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #44

Quote:
I'm not sure why you seem so butthurt about my story.

It's simply just that. My story.

I understand that I probably should have been paying more attention to my car but then again, having my credit card rejected on a small purposes raises flags about someone who has potentially stolen my CC info. I was more worried about that than I was about an enforcement guy ticketing my car.

What is YOUR point?

To exercise common sense in retrospect? Well thanks, Captain Obvious. I'll be sure to do those things the next time it comes up.
Butthurt? What are you 8 years old?

I could care less about your story. It was not relevant to this thread, as you seemed to have thought, so I called you out. Are you 'butthurt' for getting called out?

Keep making excuses all you want; parking enforcement did nothing wrong.

You are lucky they cancelled the ticket.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #45
CRS

Damn, you really called me out. I'm really not sure what to do with myself anymore....

You could care less about my story? Then why "call me out" at all? Or better yet, why keep replying to me?

A tad bit ironic, don't you think?

P.S.
Quote:
Butthurt? What are you 8 years old?
... I know you are but what am I?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-09-2012, 12:41 AM   #46
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

If the collectors call you, just tell them you wish to be contacted only through writing. According to BC Law, you have the right of being communicated to through writing instead.

Section 116 (4) (a) of the BC Business Practices and Consumer Protection Act

Business Practices and Consumer Protection Act
Old 03-09-2012, 01:10 AM   #47

Quote:
Damn, you really called me out. I'm really not sure what to do with myself anymore....

You could care less about my story? Then why "call me out" at all? Or better yet, why keep replying to me?

A tad bit ironic, don't you think?

P.S.

... I know you are but what am I?
I wasn’t referring to your urban dictionary, b-boy circle, after school knife fight definition of the phrase, so the quotations are just making you look stupid.

In the real world, it’s actually a phrase used by grownups to describe a situation where someone feels another persons contribution is dishonest, deceiving, or unworthy in general and wants them to answer for it.

I feel bad for you, because you can’t even accept the facts like a man, and move on. It’s really a huge step in a person’s life when they can laugh off a mistake, and carry on. Apparently it’s not your time yet…oh well.

I didn’t care about your story - I did on the other hand, care about your empty, ignorant contribution to the thread. So I guess the irony is lost on me.

If you don’t like me replying, then feel free to leave the conversation anytime.

Cheers.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:20 AM   #48
CRS

Quote:
I wasn’t referring to your urban dictionary, b-boy circle, after school knife fight definition of the phrase, so the quotations are just making you look stupid.

In the real world, it’s actually a phrase used by grownups to describe a situation where someone feels another persons contribution is dishonest, deceiving, or unworthy in general and wants them to answer for it.

I feel bad for you, because you can’t even accept the facts like a man, and move on. It’s really a huge step in a person’s life when they can laugh off a mistake, and carry on. Apparently it’s not your time yet…oh well.

I didn’t care about your story - I did on the other hand, care about your empty, ignorant contribution to the thread. So I guess the irony is lost on me.

If you don’t like me replying, then feel free to leave the conversation anytime.

Cheers.

Please tell me what my definition of calling out someone is vs. yours because that was clearly lost on me. By how you've defined it, its the very much the same.

Not accepting the facts like a man? Really? I accepted the facts when I specifically said "I was not paying attention to my car" and once again when I said "I understand that I probably should have been paying more attention to my car". I was in the PROCESS of getting a receipt/pushing the transaction through when I got the ticket. It could not have been more than 10 secs for the enforcement guy write and issue the ticket.

Why don't we hear your side of the story? OH WAIT. You weren't there so you're really just going by speculation and assumptions (at best).

So let's summarize here, you think that my post is "dishonest, deceiving, or unworthy". Wowzers, did you come up with that all on your own? From what I see, it's you who can't accept the facts.

I am not saying that the parking enforcement guy was wrong to have issued me to ticket. Not at all. Provided the circumstances and his job, he did what he should have done. He saw a car that did not have a receipt so he issued a ticket. However, you can't expect someone to just pay something they don't feel is just. Especially when the person was not trying to do anything wrong and was, in fact, trying to rectify the situation.

At the end of the day, it must suck thinking the world is inherently evil and that people are go about their day trying to be dishonest and deceiving. I just hope for you that you can get past that.

This has already gone too far and strayed way too off topic. This will be my last post here and should you want to continue, please feel free to PM me.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 03-09-2012, 07:05 AM   #49
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Buddy just posted on his FB yesterday, he was sitting in his car in the Impark lot at the Shoppers on Davie, while his friend ran inside the store... parking nazi wrote up a ticket and stuck it on his car while he was sitting in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #50
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Buddy just posted on his FB yesterday, he was sitting in his car in the Impark lot at the Shoppers on Davie, while his friend ran inside the store... parking nazi wrote up a ticket and stuck it on his car while he was sitting in it.

Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by: