REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #51
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFC3S View Post
Weird.. i did too a few days ago, INFRONT OF MY OWN HOUSE..for having 1 wheel slightly on the tiny ass ROUNDED CURB , fuck. fucking douche city of surrey cocksuckers.. Oh well, 20 bucks lesson learned lol. Weird though since when i lived @ my parents house we had grass infront of the house and used to park cars there overnight for years and NEVER got a ticket.
I used to work in the City of Surrey Traffic Operations. Bylaw enforcement was a different department but I had to know city bylaws as it relates to anything to do with traffic.

The City owns the 3m portion from the curb into the lawn. Private property starts at that point. Since this property belongs to the City, it's easier for them to come in to widen the roads or add a sidewalk in the future in order to meet demand. They wouldn't have to buy the land from the adjacent property owner.

Surrey's bylaw department is severely understaffed and ONLY respond to complaints. That means somebody called you in. I'm assuming here, but the infraction was probably for driving on or over a curb or sidewalk.

That can be a huge problem in a city the size of Surrey if people drove over curbs and sidewalks all the time. It *can* damage public property, which in turn means that everybody's taxes goes up in order to pay for infrastructure maintenance in addition to the numerous (and often frivolous) lawsuits that the City receives looking for compensation for something as simple as tripping over a cracked sidewalk. Many of these cases don't win but it's still a huge waste of resources to have the legal department fighting all of them.

I don't know the specifics of your case so I can't say what was right or wrong. I'm just offering another perspective to why things happen in the City of Surrey. I should also mention that the City makes NO money from any fines whatsoever.

/My 2 cents
Advertisement
SeanJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #52
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Buddy just posted on his FB yesterday, he was sitting in his car in the Impark lot at the Shoppers on Davie, while his friend ran inside the store... parking nazi wrote up a ticket and stuck it on his car while he was sitting in it.
thats why i skip that parking lot and park behind Dennys across the street. Its $1 for half an hour there compared to the Shoppers lot at $3.25 for half hour
blee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:22 AM   #53
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,026 Times in 201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanJohn View Post
I used to work in the City of Surrey Traffic Operations. Bylaw enforcement was a different department but I had to know city bylaws as it relates to anything to do with traffic.

The City owns the 3m portion from the curb into the lawn. Private property starts at that point. Since this property belongs to the City, it's easier for them to come in to widen the roads or add a sidewalk in the future in order to meet demand. They wouldn't have to buy the land from the adjacent property owner.

Surrey's bylaw department is severely understaffed and ONLY respond to complaints. That means somebody called you in. I'm assuming here, but the infraction was probably for driving on or over a curb or sidewalk.

That can be a huge problem in a city the size of Surrey if people drove over curbs and sidewalks all the time. It *can* damage public property, which in turn means that everybody's taxes goes up in order to pay for infrastructure maintenance in addition to the numerous (and often frivolous) lawsuits that the City receives looking for compensation for something as simple as tripping over a cracked sidewalk. Many of these cases don't win but it's still a huge waste of resources to have the legal department fighting all of them.

I don't know the specifics of your case so I can't say what was right or wrong. I'm just offering another perspective to why things happen in the City of Surrey. I should also mention that the City makes NO money from any fines whatsoever.

/My 2 cents

Hmm very interesting! Must have been my fuckhead neighbor then, that cocksucker... He's always looking through his window whenever i start / warm my car up once a week and has never said hi to me ever since i moved in. Parking in the driveway from now on
68 Plymouth Barracuda
03 Custom Chopper
TurboFC3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #54
WHAT? NO FOOD?

Thanked 1,134 Times in 231 Posts
Diamond Parking Service, Are you fucking kidding me? you own this fucking small lot at Boundary and Canada Way and expected me to pay for the ticket So I can go to TD for 5 minutes?
Santofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #55
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Yeah they've tried to scam me before too. I feel bad for anyone who pays them off.
timbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #56
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,278 Times in 554 Posts
As a follow up I'll mention that there has been no response from Metro Parking after my last email. I feel very sorry for their collection agent that calls in attempt to extort me into paying a fine. It'll be fun to see just how much verbal abuse they can handle before hanging up.
JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #57
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,621 Times in 1,304 Posts
Got Impark's attention.

Do you still have the ticket, JD13?
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #58
WHAT? NO FOOD?

Thanked 1,134 Times in 231 Posts
Did anybody ever appeal thru emails?

I did and I was thinking if it is safe to reply. I am wondering about if they would give out private info to 3rd parties?
Santofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #59
I STILL don't get it

I've appealed through email before with Diamond. Basically I just took a blank invoice slip from work and wrote a bunch of messy shit on it and emailed them the picture. They cancelled the ticket.
truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #60
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,278 Times in 554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
Got Impark's attention.
Nice, but after not hearing from them for over a week I've already tossed the ticket and receipt and junked the emails. They've already got everything they need to do the right thing and have refused to do so. Oh well.
JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: