REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #26
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
For the record, and slightly off topic, I bought my Accord from Honda Way a couple years ago now. They were quite pleasant to deal with. I got a decent deal on my car (though I imagine buying the extended warranty helped with that lol). The guy I bought the car off of even showed me the original invoice that they paid for it to let me know how good of a deal I got No, they wont budge on many vehicles there but they were helpful and understanding. I wouldn't have an issue going back there to purchase another vehicle.
Advertisement
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #27
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
So my hunt continues
Saw the 2005 S2000 with 67000km at Campus Honda today, the condition of the car was great, and thru some very helpful members at S2Ki we were able to get a full history of the car, and the car was very well taken care of.
However, after sitting down and negotiating prices and trade in, campus wanted an additional $9000 ontop of my trade in (2007 Subaru Legacy Spec B with 67000km) for the S2000.....so we weren't even in the same ballpark price wise.

I'll keep my eyes open I guess
Posted via RS Mobile
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #28
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that skiipi.

But that is way too much to pay for that 05.

Good luck with the search.

Is there any reason why they gave you such a low trade in value for your Subie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #29
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
I'm sorry to hear that skiipi.

But that is way too much to pay for that 05.

Good luck with the search.

Is there any reason why they gave you such a low trade in value for your Subie?
The low price in the trade in was standard black book price.They go by the condition of the vehicle to determine what it's worth wholesale.

If the dealership gave him retail price on the Subaru,they would not make any money reselling it due to them asking higher than above retail value to make anything.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #30

They offered 17K for the trade which is on the "low end" spectrum of the black book, but they also won't budget on the 259xx asking price of the S, so the 2 put together made the car a bit "over priced".

Great condition car for someone who don't mind paying a bit more for a mint Canadian S2K for a clean history
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #31
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
If they don't sell these S2Ks, they'll just sit there and continue to depreciate. The value is going nowhere but down, albeit slowly.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
If they don't sell these S2Ks, they'll just sit there and continue to depreciate. The value is going nowhere but down, albeit slowly.
Agreed, but there is plenty of fiancially "well-off" individuals in this city (and on the island) that don't mind paying a premium for a good condition S2000
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #33

2005 Honda S2000

just saw this posting go up on autotrader
seems like a good deal
going to go take a look hopefully on the 24th...anybody know if i'll be able to make it there in my subaru on summers? I took off my snow tires last week, never driven hwy 3 or 17 in "early spring" before. And if I do "close" the S2K, would I be able to drive it back in late March? Or am I better off to slap on my snowtires and go?
Old 03-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #34
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,324 Times in 264 Posts
I wouldn't buy from a dealership which says the S2000 is a FWD

Back to your question, I myself haven't driven in that area in early Spring, but I would stay on the safe side and slap on snow tires anyways seeing as your a couple of hours away from home in a area you're not familiar with.
Paradise240 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2012, 09:45 AM   #35
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

The thing with out of town dealerships, if they know you made the trek and trip to see the car, they know you want it pretty bad. You lose some of your bargaining power; they'll knock less off their asking or give you less on your trade-in.

If you make the trip and can't close the deal, you've potentially spent $1000 in time/gas between your 2 long trips that you could have put towards the car with nothing to show for. Something to consider.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #36
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiiipi View Post
2005 Honda S2000

just saw this posting go up on autotrader
seems like a good deal
going to go take a look hopefully on the 24th...anybody know if i'll be able to make it there in my subaru on summers? I took off my snow tires last week, never driven hwy 3 or 17 in "early spring" before. And if I do "close" the S2K, would I be able to drive it back in late March? Or am I better off to slap on my snowtires and go?
Either don't go, or put winter tires back on. I personally wouldn't even consider going on anything less than good winters, even somewhat late in the season.

The highway has been closed as recently as earlier this week as a result of conditions, and I highly doubt that insurance would cover you in an accident if you were on summers, since winters are required till April 30th.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise240 View Post
I wouldn't buy from a dealership which says the S2000 is a FWD

Back to your question, I myself haven't driven in that area in early Spring, but I would stay on the safe side and slap on snow tires anyways seeing as your a couple of hours away from home in a area you're not familiar with.
Haha yea, i noticed the FWD typo too, If I do drive their with my winters, gotta figure out a way to get the S2k and my winter rim/tires back to Richmond haha....that'll be a challenge...if I can close the deal that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
The thing with out of town dealerships, if they know you made the trek and trip to see the car, they know you want it pretty bad. You lose some of your bargaining power; they'll knock less off their asking or give you less on your trade-in.

If you make the trip and can't close the deal, you've potentially spent $1000 in time/gas between your 2 long trips that you could have put towards the car with nothing to show for. Something to consider.
yea fully aware that i'm going to have less leverage with out of town dealerships, and don't want to fall for the "high balling" trick again like Campus Honda pulled on me......any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Either don't go, or put winter tires back on. I personally wouldn't even consider going on anything less than good winters, even somewhat late in the season.

The highway has been closed as recently as earlier this week as a result of conditions, and I highly doubt that insurance would cover you in an accident if you were on summers, since winters are required till April 30th.

maybe i'll drive their with my winters, leave my summers in my backseat/trunk and if the S2K works out....arrange to pick it up a different day, and maybe take a 1 way rental back at dealerships expense? (doubt they'd agree to that though + i'd be out of a car for a few weeks)
Old 03-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #38
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
3 words.

supply and demand.

those 3 words dictate the price, especially on the used car market. prime example, the price of an 1986 toyota corolla prior to a certain comic book's popularity.

sucks but thats how the world runs, no one holds a gun to your head to purchase a "want". regulations dictate guidelines on the practice of selling a car, but like most ppl know, the room for profit on pre owned vehicles is much higher, and in any business, who doesnt want to maximize profit? if the stock doesnt move though, thats your chance, profits mean nothing if its dead stock.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #39
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiiipi View Post
yea fully aware that i'm going to have less leverage with out of town dealerships, and don't want to fall for the "high balling" trick again like Campus Honda pulled on me......any suggestions?
Best option is to sell your car privately IMO; trying to involve a fair trade-in out of town makes things that much more complicated, not withstanding your winter tire issues. It will be hard for you to get back what you want in a trade-in because you feel the car is worth a premium due to being B-Spec, but the dealer will pay next to no attention to the limited edition factor. Like SG mentioned its about supply and demand, if there is no special demand for B-Spec, that will reflect in the price they offer you.

Because you are looking out of town, you have to give yourself as much flexibility as possible and cash is king here. You can negotiate a cash purchase price over the phone/email, offer up a credit card deposit to show the dealer you are serious, and make the offer conditional to the car checking out when you arrive. They won't seriously talk money with you over the phone/email if they feel you are just tire kicking, but if you leave a deposit that is an expression of good faith. You can look into taking out a short term bank loan to finance the new car purchase, and repay the loan as soon as you sell your Legacy. Bank interest for car loans is high, but if its only for a month or two, the actual cost should be very attractive to give yourself the added flexibility.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #40

Just got a note that the S2000 at penticton honda is sold
Guess I'll keep looking
Posted via RS Mobile