REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Honda / Acura Tech Resources

Honda / Acura Tech Resources All honda & Acura Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 03-10-2012, 04:12 AM   #1
RS controls my life!

05 accord v6 timing belt & pump change?

i believe i am 50k over due but the belt still looks fine... is it necessary to change it? also when should i replace engine mounts etc...how much does it cost. Are they necessary replacements? anyone had experience with this before? thanks
Advertisement

Last edited by SupraTTturbo2jz; 03-10-2012 at 04:32 AM.
SupraTTturbo2jz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
whats the mileage and what were you supposed to change it at?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #3
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Honda recommends 166000 I believe for timing belt replacement. Water pump with the first belt is an inspect and replace if necessary item. In "extreme" climates we recommend changing the belt at 100000KM, since it could cause harder wear on the belt. The belt itself may look fine at first glance, but it could be starting to crack and deteriorate on the inside. If you are 50K over the 166, I would do it asap. It is pricey, but so is a rebuild when the belt lets go and the pistons kiss the valves.

Replace the engine mounts if/when they wear excessively or tear.
B20Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #4
RS controls my life!

im currently sittin at 183k kms ... iuno a few mechanics i asked already looked and said its fine. on top and inside still looks new. i've been hearing a rattling by the timing belt area though, not sure if its a tensioner problem or whatever. it goes away once the engine is warm though.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:47 PM   #5
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

whoa.. i have an 05 v6 and it barely has 58k on it

what was your first major tune up?
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:52 PM   #6
RS controls my life!

well mine is used, i got it with 82k on it about 4-5 yrs ago. First major fix i'd say was the tranny rebuild. I am not sure what original owner did to it. I think just regular oil changes and brakes. Happy honda salesman lied also and told me no accidents and showed me the reports and after I looked deeper in because noticed my bumper paint chips too much and it was in an accident under 5000$. Too late to do anything now.. anyways, just need good advice on what to do so my car doesn't go dying on me again soon one day.. or what would be trade in value of my car if i were to trade it for a 06-07 6 speed?
Old 03-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #7
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I would still advise getting the belt done. If the belt goes your looking at a large repair bill. The timing chain tensioners are known to leak as well on V6 motors, we replace a lot of them with timing belts as well.

"Rattle" could possibly be something inside the belt area, but being a V6 I'd lean more towards piston slap. That is quite common on Honda V6 motors, we have done a few under warranty for excessive slap.
B20Luder is offline   Reply With Quote