REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #26
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by niu99 View Post
How do you feel when you are priced out of the very city you lived in all your life? You are forced to move to Chilliwack for cheaper affordable shelter. And replacing you are these foreign immigrants (whom got here after you) with their illicit money hoarding up all housing in Vancouver (and neighboring suburbs) for profit. These immigrants have no plans on integrating into the Canadian values and customs. They don't associate with anybody other than their own peoples. How does that make you feel? I know I'm not very happy. Or is this all apart of multiculturalism.
Advertisement

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #27
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
I wonder if this is the OP - Family making over $700k a year claims they can't afford to live in Vancouver

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #28
My homepage has been set to RS

How else are they going to sell property on the Island? Once the buyers know how much of a shitstorm it is to take BC Ferries they would never buy on the island. Hahaha.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #29
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,719 Posts
Niu, your posts are generally shit, but I agree with you on this one, nothing wrong with complaining about the shit housing market we have going on here in Vancouver. It feels like a game that's rigged to one side, and it is.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #30
G'd up! w000weee

Quote:
How do you feel when you are priced out of the very city you lived in all your life? You are forced to move to Chilliwack for cheaper affordable shelter. And replacing you are these foreign immigrants (whom got here after you) with their illicit money hoarding up all housing in Vancouver (and neighboring suburbs) for profit. These immigrants have no plans on integrating into the Canadian values and customs. They don't associate with anybody other than their own peoples. How does that make you feel? I know I'm not very happy. Or is this all apart of multiculturalism.
You do realize that people of ALL ethnic groups are doing this.
Not only the Chinese
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #31
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Don't hate. It clearly means own means of survival are not matched with the city's inflation and progress.

Happened to Indians 100 years ago.
Happened to the local Caucasian Canadians in the late 80's
Happening to the all local born Vancouver citizens now in 201x.

Have to realize that while the laid back and chill nature in Vancouver is a nice-to-have. Its stagnant in the view of economy. People become lazy an bitch at anything that is against them. Blame yourself if you are not finding more sufficient ways to earn income to live in the high cost city you want.

Being lived here all your life does not entitle you a free ride to continue living here in the same level as before.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

Look, Canada is the number 1 destination for people in China. First, they want to experience democracy, which is not present in their country. But that they do have in their country is money and that seems to be the thing that Canadians are missing. When they supply our government with money, it makes the life of the early decents better and that is one thing that you, early decents benefit from the Chinese people.
jameskore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:48 PM   #33
Welcome to Planet Power ///M

Thanked 2,979 Times in 527 Posts
do you really have to post this shit up every time someone buys a new house? i'm from mainland china and my family just purchased another property in west side, you gonna come hunt me down now?

CharlieH is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-28-2012, 01:36 AM   #34
I am Hook'd on RS

please dear Chinese lords, buy all our properties and save us from our miseries!
sundance1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #35
G'd up! w000weee

I came across this article.
Real Estate Weekly | Is China Really Buying Up Metro Vancouver?

9% of single family homes are bought by foreign buyers and only 7% of condos are bought by foreign investors. There is still hope!
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote