REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #26
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilabomb View Post
encounter a million of those in DT, and guess what?

those type of cyclists deserve to die, have their guts splattered all over the street. I aint joking.

RUnning red lights, not stopping at stop signs, hogging up the lane. FUck that shit
I know cyclists can be an annoyance but this in itself does not mean that the person needs to die. Too much hyperbole perhaps.
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2012, 08:37 AM   #27
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,462 Times in 390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
I was almost hoping it would be Mr Lobo.
he got in a car accident a couple years back (happened in november or december) and didn't come to school for the remainder of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
I sold my Yaris 5 years ago, and seriously, IT IS better than your shit box civics. The mods I have for that car is probably worth more than your whole self-worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joreus View Post
After spending some time reading through this thread, I now know how to give a killer blowjob. Thanks revscene.

2005 richmond transportation device
nack is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #28
Rs has made me the man i am today!

RIP, always hate to see these things happen, but I see way too many cyclists that think they can go into car mode (ride normally on the road) and then pedestrian mode (blows stop signs) and expect both cars and pedestrians to yield to them. Don't know the full details of this case, but that area where she got hit cyclists always dart across 12th. Hope this case raises awareness for everyone.
optiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #29

I guess mr.jibodh retired if shes head of the science dept...never knew her RIP
92 240sx - dd/project car
88 CRX - sold
98 DC2 - sold

Renting out pbm fender roller - pm for details.
satek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:40 AM   #30
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

She got hit and killed on 12thave does not surprise me one bit. I bike from time to time and have *NEVER* understood why cyclists chose to commute on big streets. When I've asked cyclists why they do it, they tell me it's "faster"' I've never understood this, as the risk was never worth it to me. Then again most cyclists dont understand the rules of the road and hence are destined to become roadkill. Insisting on using high traffic streets will just greatly increase your chances of this happening sooner.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-05-2012, 08:28 AM   #31
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

why are cylclists allowed to use the road without any kind of road test?

I ride my BMX on the sidewalk, fuck pedestrians who tell me to ride on the road. if i hit one, its unlikely they or I will die. I get hit my a car, its game over.

not like a few metal tubes rolling on balloons is gonna offer me ANY protection.
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #32
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
She got hit and killed on 12thave does not surprise me one bit. I bike from time to time and have *NEVER* understood why cyclists chose to commute on big streets. When I've asked cyclists why they do it, they tell me it's "faster"' I've never understood this, as the risk was never worth it to me. Then again most cyclists dont understand the rules of the road and hence are destined to become roadkill. Insisting on using high traffic streets will just greatly increase your chances of this happening sooner.
ITS A BIKE ROUTE! Its the quickest and safest route but these stupid cyclist doesnt follow the rule like every other pedestrian dashes out and get killed! Even highschool kids look both ways until the cars fully stop before they cross.

Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #33
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Cyclists need to have mandatory licensing programs and insurance, then we'll start seeing who's really serious about being eco-friendly. Most of these cyclists think that Stop/Yield signs are only for motorists.

I was in a four way stop (by myself); stopped then proceeded and a cyclist going full speed just blew by. I stopped just in time, he panicked and crashed into the sidewalk. Dumbass.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #34
I STILL don't get it

As much as cyclists need to follow rules of the road, it's just as important that drivers are familiar with the BC bike sense guide This is so that they actually understand what precautions cyclists are supposed to take.
ie.
-narrow road, better for the cyclist to take up the whole lane than to encourage cars to try and squeeze by
-maintaining a safe distance from curb, roughly 1 metre
-keeping a metre away from parked cars, so they aren't accidentally clotheslined
BikeSense

Last edited by pawdregry4g; 04-05-2012 at 04:33 PM.
pawdregry4g is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #35
straight from the fields of squamton

How many of these innocent cyclists will have to die before ICBC realizes that these innocent cyclists need to learn how serious the rules of the road are.

If these innocent cyclists had to pay insurance premiums and carry a license after passing a test I think we'd see a lot less of these stories in the news.

I really wonder how bike/traffic injuries compare with street racing or driving after 2 beers... as far as numbers go
Old 04-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #36
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
If i didnt have to go to jail for running over cyclist, id probably beat cho's record.

kidding
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #37
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Really? Just because some guy calls it a bike route doesn't make it any safer. I'd rather be hit by slower moving traffic on a side street, than on 12th. Hey go play in heavy traffic and expect a different outcome. Infact I bet your a apple user with your mentality alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
ITS A BIKE ROUTE! Its the quickest and safest route but these stupid cyclist doesnt follow the rule like every other pedestrian dashes out and get killed! Even highschool kids look both ways until the cars fully stop before they cross.

Last edited by Death2Theft; 04-07-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:16 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawdregry4g View Post
As much as cyclists need to follow rules of the road, it's just as important that drivers are familiar with the BC bike sense guide This is so that they actually understand what precautions cyclists are supposed to take.
ie.
-narrow road, better for the cyclist to take up the whole lane than to encourage cars to try and squeeze by
-maintaining a safe distance from curb, roughly 1 metre
-keeping a metre away from parked cars, so they aren't accidentally clotheslined
BikeSense
That BikeSense needs to be advertised more and expanded upon to cover more situations. The education level of cyclists is getting better, but it's still too far below standard. Bar none, they're the most dangerous ppl on the road right now.. way worse than the worst cab driver.

What bugs me is the advocates are so willing to compromise road safety for their eco-goals. Every time I make a turn or enter an intersection, I have to divert the attention I should be paying towards pedestrians and other vehicles to make sure I watch out for the "dumbass" cyclist and their unpredictable manoeuvres.

Fuck.
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2012, 01:54 AM   #39
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Stories like these make me question the ability of the city in doing proper city planning, than the cyclists or cars.
observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #40
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

i dont think west 12th is a bike route, i think its the cross street that she was in thats a bike route. Theres no way W 12th can be a bike route with its narrow streets. And i saw this accident that morning too.
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #41
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
I don't hate cyclists, speak for yourself. As an avid cyclist and driver you honestly have to ride with the utmost care. People will cut you off when there's plenty of space or pass super close to you. You gotta be careful and its almost like, be seen or be killed.
He's speaking for most of us and cyclist are pretty dumb for going super slow on a road when there's a side walk next to them that they can use
elwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #42
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Do not mind cyclist at all. As long as they obey the rules of the road. If they are going to ride on the road. Most annoying thing or dumbest, is that a cyclist will be going down the road like a vehicle then once a red light approaches. He/she thinks road rules no longer apply. They will cut through the pedestrian crosswalk and back on to the road DOh..
Gunsmokez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #43
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

The amazing doubebaggery that accompanies the cycling culture makes most folks apathetic to this shit. Rightly so. Asshole cyclists are like drunk drivers. No one does it yet every fucking day another drunk is arrested.
Hot Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #44
Banned By Establishment

I don't see why bikers are such a problem in Vancouver. Portland has way more bikers and I have never had an issue with bikers on the road. I think both drivers and bikers are just more aware here. I think people here who drive also have ridden their bikes before so they understand how to better drive in a biker environment. It seems there is an information void on both sides in vancouver.
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #45
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
Be careful when driving around cars, that fucking simple.
Previous
1977 Firebird 5.7
1987 Iroc-Z 2.5
1998 Firebird 3.8
1992 BMW 325i 2.5
1994 Dodge Ram 5.2
1996 Dodge Ram 5.9
1996 Cavalier Z22 2.2
1997 Mustang Cobra 4.6
firebird79_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:08 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by static View Post
I don't see why bikers are such a problem in Vancouver. Portland has way more bikers and I have never had an issue with bikers on the road. I think both drivers and bikers are just more aware here. I think people here who drive also have ridden their bikes before so they understand how to better drive in a biker environment. It seems there is an information void on both sides in vancouver.
Because we have too many shit heads like this who run lights and stop signs and then make childish excuses to justify why it's ok or why it's not his fault that something bad happened:

Online post recounts how bicyclist hit pedestrian

Chris Bucchere said to run red lights before crash

If you read the comments, you can tell these guys are universally hated for their idiocy. I get you can get away with dumb actions 9/10 times. But what adult doesn't understand the rules are there so you don't royally screw up that 1/10 ????

This guy screwed up and now he's full of excuses. Not a surprise when that sort of culture is encouraged.

goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #47
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

^^wow what a dumbfuck cyclist.

"I was already too committed when the light turned yellow so i plowed straight throught the least crowded part of the crosswalk"

did he not have brakes??? fuck i don't care how fast im riding i can stop my bike in under 15 feet. fucking wipe yourself out at least.

Quote:
The walker, Sutchi Hui, died Monday, and from what we hear, Bucchere will need the legal help.

Police sources tell us the file forwarded to the district attorney includes the name and number of a motorist who reported seeing Bucchere and another cyclist fly through several red lights and stop signs before the deadly Castro district crash. Hui's wife, incidentally, was walking a few steps ahead when her husband was hit.

If the witness' statement to police about Bucchere riding recklessly checks out, it could show gross negligence - and potentially up the charges to a felony

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz1rYe5Cx6Y
Old 04-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #48
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by goo3 View Post
Because we have too many shit heads like this who run lights and stop signs and then make childish excuses to justify why it's ok or why it's not his fault that something bad happened:

Online post recounts how bicyclist hit pedestrian

Chris Bucchere said to run red lights before crash

If you read the comments, you can tell these guys are universally hated for their idiocy. I get you can get away with dumb actions 9/10 times. But what adult doesn't understand the rules are there so you don't royally screw up that 1/10 ????

This guy screwed up and now he's full of excuses. Not a surprise when that sort of culture is encouraged.

SF Bicyclist Kills Pedestrian, Mourns Busted Helmet - YouTube
Why did you use an incident in SF as retort about cyclists in Vancouver? Irregardless of what that shithead in SF, anyone can take the extreme outlying incidents of anything and use it to advance their argument.

Static is right, the lack of knowledge and skill goes both ways for drivers and cyclists.
tgill is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #49
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo E View Post
why are cylclists allowed to use the road without any kind of road test?

I ride my BMX on the sidewalk, fuck pedestrians who tell me to ride on the road. if i hit one, its unlikely they or I will die. I get hit my a car, its game over.

not like a few metal tubes rolling on balloons is gonna offer me ANY protection.
i thanked your post because i thought cyclists should be allowed to go on the sidewalks if things get a bit dangerous on the road.

but if you ride on the sidewalk you must ride CONSIDERATELY... so many idiots on the sidewalk riding fast and riding wide (in the middle of the sidewalk or swaying left to right)...
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #50
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

RIP

People are always complaining about cyclists but I've seen way more shitty drivers than bad-mannered cyclists. Also, I'm a lot more afraid of stupid drivers than stupid cyclists when I'm on the road.
LIKEABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote