REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #26
Need to Seek Professional Help

that wrapped lambo at the autoshow looked half assed. All the guy did was talk about how long it took and that the results looked amazing! feels bad..
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #27
G'd up! w000weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbpping View Post
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #28
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbpping View Post
Yes you'd know about shitty wrap jobs wouldn't you? or are you here to "troll" again?

Nestea's car
so let me get this straight....you think that wrapping a car includes new rims,fiberglass bumpers and new foglights?
Out of those "bad wrapping points" 3 of them were actuall wrap faults which came with time and replacing of panels because of rock chipping and "accidents".
out of all those bullet points, only 1 was about the wrap, which i fixed a loong time ago. All your other points were - my rims..? my broken foglight.., my fibreglass bumper and for some reason pointing to my signal light which the wrap was perfect on, and the piece de resistence, my temporary plates which werent taped properly? you need to get out more,lay off the forums. funny thing, i noticed people who make fun of other people's cars usually have much,much crappier cars... such as a blue cavalier? mmmk? )

Btw not saying a grey car is bad,just saying a supercar in grey is bad because it defeats the purpose.(to show off)

Last edited by nestea69; 04-09-2012 at 06:54 PM.
nestea69 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #29
G'd up! w000weee

^
You just hated on all the owners of grey supercars.
People always gonna hate, even yourself, don't take it personally
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #30
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

That chrome lambo is a waste of a supercar.
I kept thinking that at any moment Oscar the grouch was gonna pop out of that car like a trash can (the chrome wrap sure looked like crap)
TracerFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #31
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
The pictures were being taken to post here:
http://www.revscene.net/forums/412982-hall-shame.html

A truly impressive car doesn't need an obnoxious cheap brightly coloured vinyl wrap to stand out and looking stunning, the Aston is a perfect example. It projects elegance, class and performance without over embellishment.

Case in point, the Bond DB5. Subtle silver paint is infinitely better than cheap matte blue saran wrap.
i didnt say the Aston is gardbage, i was merely implying that a bright, out of the ordinary color atracts more attention.

ok, thats a different category of cars.The color has to fit the car, you cant just paint any car any colour. I chose the blue matte wrap because its unique, theres only 1 in BC( actualy up until last month when a gray M3 wrapped it in the same color), the car gets a lot of stares, many people take pictures of it, and thats actually the 1st car i've ever done in wrap so there were flaws but now they're all fixed and impossible to spot.I've done quite a few since then. If i had 2 mil for a DB5 , i would buy it, but i dont, so i make do with what i have. Many people like it, some dont, to each his own, but at the end of the day, the only taste and opinion which matters of a car, is the owner's opinion.

Last edited by nestea69; 04-09-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #32
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nestea69 View Post
i didnt say the Aston is gardbage, i was merely implying that a bright, out of the ordinary color atracts more attention.

but what if someone doesn't want a bright, out of the ordinary color that attracts more attention?

not every rich person wants a "hey-look-at-me-im-a-flashy-rich-douchebag" type car
Old 04-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #33
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604nguyen View Post
but what if someone doesn't want a bright, out of the ordinary color that attracts more attention?

not every rich person wants a "hey-look-at-me-im-a-flashy-rich-douchebag" type car
Just because someone is rich, it doesnt mean they're douchebags, that sounds very gelousy
Old 04-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #34
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 6,552 Times in 1,155 Posts
gelousy is my favorite brand of hair gel
artofstance on twitter
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
--------------------------------------------
2018 Volkswagen Golf R
1999 Mazda Miata *sold*
2005 Mazda 3 *sold*
2002 Volvo S40 *RIP*
1989 Volvo 740 *RIP*
Matsuda is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #35
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
wrapping aint easy, done it, fucked it, know to rather give it to a pro to do.

wrapping in chrome is just to show case the different color, texture, outcome possibilities of wrapping.

wrapping isnt for everyone, i personally went with paint.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #36
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
I'm honestly not a fan of wraps. I understand the reasoning as to why people get 'em, and I have no problem with that. I just don't like 'em.

And yes, that chromed Lambo looked like crap. Almost looked like someone had simply wrapped it in tin foil. Kind of a shame, really. It looks decent in photos; IRL, not so much.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #37
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
Sure, your car attracts attention. Negative attention that is.
jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #38
I am Hook'd on RS

The chrome definitely didn't match the car. It brought the attention that the company wanted though. Also, the huge wheel gap....
boogabooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #39
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
Vinyl raps are played out. It's all about the plasti dip now.

They had a story in Province paper about the lambo.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #40
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
if getting attention was the aim for the lambo, then their mission was achieved, like it or not, shitty job or not, it got attention.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #41
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
so let me get this straight....you think that wrapping a car includes new rims,fiberglass bumpers and new foglights?
Out of those "bad wrapping points" 3 of them were actuall wrap faults which came with time and replacing of panels because of rock chipping and "accidents".
out of all those bullet points, only 1 was about the wrap, which i fixed a loong time ago. All your other points were - my rims..? my broken foglight.., my fibreglass bumper and for some reason pointing to my signal light which the wrap was perfect on, and the piece de resistence, my temporary plates which werent taped properly? you need to get out more,lay off the forums. funny thing, i noticed people who make fun of other people's cars usually have much,much crappier cars... such as a blue cavalier? mmmk? )

Btw not saying a grey car is bad,just saying a supercar in grey is bad because it defeats the purpose.(to show off)
LOL where do i start

a. you just admitted your wrap was shit, and that's the point here: your wraps are shit, you don't know anything about wraps, or cars for that matter, and you should leave them the hell along because the only thing you are good at is ruining them

b. I didn't make this diagram, it's in one of links I posted that shows your "wrap jobs"

c. LOLOLOLOL my cavalier... right. Guess what, I sold my rebuilt cavalier for more than the 318is that you claim to be "better than a m3" is worth.

d. I need to get out more? hahahhaha you made so many threads on so many forums about your wrap jobs, and even resort to making additional accounts to comment on your threads, and claiming you were just "trolling", I find it hard to believe you have time to go out and "wrap" cars
bbpping is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #42
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
if you give me that Full Frame DSLR camera i can make a Chevrolet Cavalier look as good as that.
what does a full frame DSLR camera even have to do with getting a cavalier to look like that anyway?
Meister1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #43
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 168 Posts
Quote:

You already made this mistake once well twice... backtracking other people's car threads just so you can compare it to your almighty 318i and 540i without realizing they don't own em no more. Better yet, it's just a DD.

and i'm sure you'll be googling my ID or look at my old car threads after this.
mekaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #44
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I see this thread going to FC soon.
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:13 PM   #45
straight from the fields of squamton

I have 2 pink rims and 2 orange rims on my S13

the cars purple

it stands out

It's ugly as shit and I know of someone was taking pictures of it, or even talking about it, it would end up in hall of shame.

as should you
Old 04-10-2012, 06:34 AM   #46
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Just because someone is rich, it doesnt mean they're douchebags, that sounds very gelousy
dude....i'm not sure if you even understood my post.....
what im saying is....not everyone wants a car with a colour as flamboyant as yours..........supercar or not....

some people just wanna be low key, nomsaiyan?
Old 04-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #47
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
LOL trying to talk all big because you have a "540i" and degrade others because of their cars. Let's get some real M5 owners in here to say your 540i is shit.

do you think your a rich boi and that everyone should be jealous of you? (yes, read, JEALOUS!)

you have 2 shitty old bmws that couldnt even fetch $5000 each if you tried. I know because you've been trying to sell them for a year now.

leave bmw's alone man...

1995 BMW 530i
1990 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2002 Ford Explorer EB V8 4x4
2005 Acura RSX Type-S (SOLD)
1999 BMW 540i
skylinergtr is offline   Reply With Quote