REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #26
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
jbsali's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,015
Thanked 273 Times in 77 Posts
that wrapped lambo at the autoshow looked half assed. All the guy did was talk about how long it took and that the results looked amazing! feels bad..
Advertisement
__________________
jbsali
jbsali is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #27
G'd up! w000weee
 
mmmk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,140
Thanked 225 Times in 84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbpping View Post
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #28
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: vancouver
Posts: 42
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbpping View Post
Yes you'd know about shitty wrap jobs wouldn't you? or are you here to "troll" again?

Nestea's car
so let me get this straight....you think that wrapping a car includes new rims,fiberglass bumpers and new foglights?
Out of those "bad wrapping points" 3 of them were actuall wrap faults which came with time and replacing of panels because of rock chipping and "accidents".
out of all those bullet points, only 1 was about the wrap, which i fixed a loong time ago. All your other points were - my rims..? my broken foglight.., my fibreglass bumper and for some reason pointing to my signal light which the wrap was perfect on, and the piece de resistence, my temporary plates which werent taped properly? you need to get out more,lay off the forums. funny thing, i noticed people who make fun of other people's cars usually have much,much crappier cars... such as a blue cavalier? mmmk? )

Btw not saying a grey car is bad,just saying a supercar in grey is bad because it defeats the purpose.(to show off)

Last edited by nestea69; 04-09-2012 at 06:54 PM.
nestea69 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #29
G'd up! w000weee
 
mmmk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,140
Thanked 225 Times in 84 Posts
^
You just hated on all the owners of grey supercars.
People always gonna hate, even yourself, don't take it personally
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #30
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
TracerFX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vancity
Posts: 235
Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
That chrome lambo is a waste of a supercar.
I kept thinking that at any moment Oscar the grouch was gonna pop out of that car like a trash can (the chrome wrap sure looked like crap)
TracerFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #31
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: vancouver
Posts: 42
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
The pictures were being taken to post here:
http://www.revscene.net/forums/412982-hall-shame.html

A truly impressive car doesn't need an obnoxious cheap brightly coloured vinyl wrap to stand out and looking stunning, the Aston is a perfect example. It projects elegance, class and performance without over embellishment.

Case in point, the Bond DB5. Subtle silver paint is infinitely better than cheap matte blue saran wrap.
i didnt say the Aston is gardbage, i was merely implying that a bright, out of the ordinary color atracts more attention.

ok, thats a different category of cars.The color has to fit the car, you cant just paint any car any colour. I chose the blue matte wrap because its unique, theres only 1 in BC( actualy up until last month when a gray M3 wrapped it in the same color), the car gets a lot of stares, many people take pictures of it, and thats actually the 1st car i've ever done in wrap so there were flaws but now they're all fixed and impossible to spot.I've done quite a few since then. If i had 2 mil for a DB5 , i would buy it, but i dont, so i make do with what i have. Many people like it, some dont, to each his own, but at the end of the day, the only taste and opinion which matters of a car, is the owner's opinion.

Last edited by nestea69; 04-09-2012 at 06:56 PM.
nestea69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #32
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
604nguyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 1,247
Thanked 497 Times in 133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nestea69 View Post
i didnt say the Aston is gardbage, i was merely implying that a bright, out of the ordinary color atracts more attention.
.........



but what if someone doesn't want a bright, out of the ordinary color that attracts more attention?


not every rich person wants a "hey-look-at-me-im-a-flashy-rich-douchebag" type car
__________________
E70 4.8i
604nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #33
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: vancouver
Posts: 42
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604nguyen View Post
but what if someone doesn't want a bright, out of the ordinary color that attracts more attention?


not every rich person wants a "hey-look-at-me-im-a-flashy-rich-douchebag" type car
Just because someone is rich, it doesnt mean they're douchebags, that sounds very gelousy
nestea69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #34
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Matsuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,610
Thanked 5,521 Times in 1,028 Posts
gelousy is my favorite brand of hair gel
__________________
artofstance
artofstance on facebook
artofstance on Instagram
artofstance on twitter
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
--------------------------------------------
2018 Volkswagen Golf R
1999 Mazda Miata *sold*
2005 Mazda 3 *sold*
2002 Volvo S40 *RIP*
1989 Volvo 740 *RIP*
Matsuda is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #35
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN
 
!SG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,485
Thanked 2,236 Times in 625 Posts
wrapping aint easy, done it, fucked it, know to rather give it to a pro to do.

wrapping in chrome is just to show case the different color, texture, outcome possibilities of wrapping.

wrapping isnt for everyone, i personally went with paint.
__________________
"It Takes a Big Man to Admit to His Own Faults... But It Takes a Bigger Man to Blame it on The Other F*cker!"
(Resident Asshole) Executive...

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #36
Head Moderator
 
Lomac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1982
Location: Great White Nor
Posts: 22,642
Thanked 6,406 Times in 2,068 Posts
I'm honestly not a fan of wraps. I understand the reasoning as to why people get 'em, and I have no problem with that. I just don't like 'em.

And yes, that chromed Lambo looked like crap. Almost looked like someone had simply wrapped it in tin foil. Kind of a shame, really. It looks decent in photos; IRL, not so much.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #37
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts
 
jing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: tha C-O-Q
Posts: 5,548
Thanked 2,357 Times in 623 Posts
Sure, your car attracts attention. Negative attention that is.
jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #38
I am Hook'd on RS
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: montreal
Posts: 60
Thanked 17 Times in 7 Posts
The chrome definitely didn't match the car. It brought the attention that the company wanted though. Also, the huge wheel gap....
boogabooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #39
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 11,454
Thanked 4,482 Times in 2,047 Posts
Vinyl raps are played out. It's all about the plasti dip now.

They had a story in Province paper about the lambo.
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #40
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN
 
!SG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,485
Thanked 2,236 Times in 625 Posts
if getting attention was the aim for the lambo, then their mission was achieved, like it or not, shitty job or not, it got attention.
__________________
"It Takes a Big Man to Admit to His Own Faults... But It Takes a Bigger Man to Blame it on The Other F*cker!"
(Resident Asshole) Executive...

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #41
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!
 
bbpping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Surrey
Posts: 43
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nestea69 View Post
so let me get this straight....you think that wrapping a car includes new rims,fiberglass bumpers and new foglights?
Out of those "bad wrapping points" 3 of them were actuall wrap faults which came with time and replacing of panels because of rock chipping and "accidents".
out of all those bullet points, only 1 was about the wrap, which i fixed a loong time ago. All your other points were - my rims..? my broken foglight.., my fibreglass bumper and for some reason pointing to my signal light which the wrap was perfect on, and the piece de resistence, my temporary plates which werent taped properly? you need to get out more,lay off the forums. funny thing, i noticed people who make fun of other people's cars usually have much,much crappier cars... such as a blue cavalier? mmmk? )

Btw not saying a grey car is bad,just saying a supercar in grey is bad because it defeats the purpose.(to show off)
LOL where do i start

a. you just admitted your wrap was shit, and that's the point here: your wraps are shit, you don't know anything about wraps, or cars for that matter, and you should leave them the hell along because the only thing you are good at is ruining them

b. I didn't make this diagram, it's in one of links I posted that shows your "wrap jobs"

c. LOLOLOLOL my cavalier... right. Guess what, I sold my rebuilt cavalier for more than the 318is that you claim to be "better than a m3" is worth.

d. I need to get out more? hahahhaha you made so many threads on so many forums about your wrap jobs, and even resort to making additional accounts to comment on your threads, and claiming you were just "trolling", I find it hard to believe you have time to go out and "wrap" cars
bbpping is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #42
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
Meister1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 224
Thanked 56 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nestea69 View Post
if you give me that Full Frame DSLR camera i can make a Chevrolet Cavalier look as good as that.
what does a full frame DSLR camera even have to do with getting a cavalier to look like that anyway?
Meister1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #43
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: burnaby
Posts: 535
Thanked 1,207 Times in 168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nestea69 View Post
so let me get this straight....you think that wrapping a car includes new rims,fiberglass bumpers and new foglights?
Out of those "bad wrapping points" 3 of them were actuall wrap faults which came with time and replacing of panels because of rock chipping and "accidents".
out of all those bullet points, only 1 was about the wrap, which i fixed a loong time ago. All your other points were - my rims..? my broken foglight.., my fibreglass bumper and for some reason pointing to my signal light which the wrap was perfect on, and the piece de resistence, my temporary plates which werent taped properly? you need to get out more,lay off the forums. funny thing, i noticed people who make fun of other people's cars usually have much,much crappier cars... such as a blue cavalier? mmmk? )

Btw not saying a grey car is bad,just saying a supercar in grey is bad because it defeats the purpose.(to show off)
You already made this mistake once well twice... backtracking other people's car threads just so you can compare it to your almighty 318i and 540i without realizing they don't own em no more. Better yet, it's just a DD.

and i'm sure you'll be googling my ID or look at my old car threads after this.
mekaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #44
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
BaoTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Neverland
Posts: 2,610
Thanked 571 Times in 311 Posts
I see this thread going to FC soon.
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:13 PM   #45
straight from the fields of squamton
 
1990TSI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Grande Prairie
Posts: 11,286
Thanked 576 Times in 201 Posts
I have 2 pink rims and 2 orange rims on my S13

the cars purple

it stands out

It's ugly as shit and I know of someone was taking pictures of it, or even talking about it, it would end up in hall of shame.


as should you
__________________
2013 Mazdaspeed 3
1990TSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:34 AM   #46
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
604nguyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 1,247
Thanked 497 Times in 133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nestea69 View Post
Just because someone is rich, it doesnt mean they're douchebags, that sounds very gelousy
dude....i'm not sure if you even understood my post.....
what im saying is....not everyone wants a car with a colour as flamboyant as yours..........supercar or not....

some people just wanna be low key, nomsaiyan?
__________________
E70 4.8i
604nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #47
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
skylinergtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 569
Thanked 279 Times in 105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nestea69 View Post
Just because someone is rich, it doesnt mean they're douchebags, that sounds very gelousy
LOL trying to talk all big because you have a "540i" and degrade others because of their cars. Let's get some real M5 owners in here to say your 540i is shit.

do you think your a rich boi and that everyone should be jealous of you? (yes, read, JEALOUS!)

you have 2 shitty old bmws that couldnt even fetch $5000 each if you tried. I know because you've been trying to sell them for a year now.

leave bmw's alone man...
__________________
-Rod

1995 BMW 530i
1990 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2002 Ford Explorer EB V8 4x4
2005 Acura RSX Type-S (SOLD)
1999 BMW 540i
skylinergtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net