REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Fuel Shark Gas saver work? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/666410-fuel-shark-gas-saver-work.html)

yot065 04-13-2012 06:52 AM

Fuel Shark Gas saver work?

being the gullible person that i am, im curious

Buytopia

who thinks this actually works and can explain in depth for me how it works otherwise some entertaining trolling will be fine too lolol

gas prices are going up :'(

another link to the thing
http://www.shopatasseenontv.com/Fuel...Gas-Saver.html

Supafly 04-13-2012 07:01 AM

Not gonna sign up to see what you're wanting to buy.....
How bout you link a pic.

Rule of thumb, if it looks like a gimick, It probably is.

edit: Never understood why people cry and whine about gas prices....Pay to Play, and if it gets outta your means to play, get something thats more fuel efficient.

Major153 04-13-2012 07:02 AM

If anything, that car adapter would tap your car battery to drain the juice - weaker spark in combustion = less gas being burned

Or.... there's a little fairy in there that power your vehicle with magic:nyan:

Supafly 04-13-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major153 (Post 7884941)
If anything, that car adapter would tap your car battery to drain the juice - weaker spark in combustion = less gas being burned

Or.... there's a little fairy in there that power your vehicle with magic:nyan:

not true. Weaker spark = more unburnt fuel = clogged catylic converters and fouled O2 sensors = you spending more money in the long run.... not to mention your car will run like shit.

Great68 04-13-2012 07:05 AM

This one's right up there with "Voltage Stabilizers" and the Tornado.

yot065 04-13-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supafly (Post 7884940)
Not gonna sign up to see what you're wanting to buy.....
How bout you link a pic.

Rule of thumb, if it looks like a gimick, It probably is.

edit: Never understood why people cry and whine about gas prices....Pay to Play, and if it gets outta your means to play, get something thats more fuel efficient.

ikr, i want a scooter lolol but mom doesnt approve :'(

Mr.C 04-13-2012 08:58 AM

Obviously doesn't work.

91civicZC 04-13-2012 08:59 AM

I don’t see at all how that would help. “Cleaning the electrical system”? No idea what that means. If you are worried you are losing power or mileage through your electrical system, check your grounds. If it’s an older car, you may want a “grounding kit”. More grounding never hurts, but you may not notice a difference.

You would be far better off spending the money on a proper tune up on the car. I don’t know exactly what you’re driving but:

Cap/rotor, new plugs (properly gapped), plug wires, air/fuel/oil filters, and change the oil to the proper weight recommended by the manufacture. Stuck or clogged PCV valves tend to have noticeable effect on gas mileage, make sure you replace it if it’s never been done.

Also check your tire pressures. This can have a big effect on mileage. I am amazed at how many people don’t own a good tire pressure gauge, or simply don’t bother checking tire pressure as the seasons change. If mileage is your only concern, going slightly above the vehicles recommended tire pressure settings may be beneficial to you.

skyxx 04-13-2012 10:22 AM

Cars have hormones too, so you gotta modulate your car like how you modulate your body by cleansing it. In this case the electrical of your car. Though on occasion say every month, your car will go through PMS. In car terms this is called a CEL.

TheKingdom2000 04-13-2012 10:44 AM

I saw a video about these where these guys tested them and they didn't work at all.
I forgot what the video is called and i'm too lazy to look for it.

So yeah, it doesn't work.

bloodmack 04-13-2012 11:30 AM

While your at it buy some headlight fluid :smug:

Sky_High 04-13-2012 12:25 PM

:rukidding:

Quote:

“I have seen an increase by as much as 3 MPG since plugging the Fuel Shark in my taxi. I would recommend the Fuel Shark to anyone that wants to save money on gas!”
- Ronald H.
Quote:

"I tested the Fuel Shark in my 2005 Toyota Tundra and my hwy mileage went from 16 MPG to 18.3 MPG. Combination driving, in town and Hwy, went from 14.2 MPG to 16.9 MPG Thanks Fuel Shark."
- Tom S.
Quote:

"Last summer I bought a Hummer H3 on a whim. Little did I know that I would be spending up to $350 per month on gas. I tried Fuel Shark and within 2 fill-ups I noticed a measurable difference of 15% savings on fuel. In a down economy, 15% means a lot!"
- Anthony M
:fuckthatshit:

sonick 04-13-2012 12:48 PM

Man these deal sites have really jumped the shark, there's been so many scammy items being hawked on these sites lately it's ridiculous.

Alatar 04-13-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodmack (Post 7885119)
While your at it buy some headlight fluid :smug:

Don't forget the muffler bearings while you're at it.

Grim 04-13-2012 06:22 PM

OP, may i ask how old you are?

from my assumption you are probably still in highschool driving your parents car (or) lucky enough to have your parents buy you a car (regardless of what the car is)
now that you realize owning a car based on the gas consumption (excluding the maintenance,insurance etc) you want to find a "gas saving" technique.
Unfortunately for you, there is no "gas saving" technique other than to not drive.
Sorry for the bad news :(

1990TSI 04-15-2012 07:33 PM

hey you can leave fake reviews on that site!

classified 04-15-2012 10:15 PM

LOL at this guys comment

Author: B Ng
Wow, i am glad i bought this. I thought this was a scam and doesnt work because where this plugs into, all it does is supposed to drain a few mili amp of power of my alternator.

After i tried it, i noticed a better acceleration and top speed. I can finally acheive 11 seconds flat @ the 1/4 mile, where as stock it was 16.5 seconds.

Gas wise, i normally would get 10L/100km in the city, but now i am down to 6L/100km!! Im like a hybrid with turbo!

A must have!!

shenmecar 04-15-2012 11:20 PM

Ur gonna pay 30 bucks for a couple of capacitors?

i-VTEC 04-17-2012 09:16 AM

Was browsing DX, and found similar product for $5 lol, if anyone is interested, here you go~

NEO SOCKET Fuel Economizer for Car - Save Fuel/Gas 10%-30% (12V) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

freakshow 04-17-2012 09:34 AM

The best investment you can make if you want to save gas is accurate, real-time instrumentation (MPGuino, ScanGauge II, etc.)
They don't directly save gas, but they teach you to drive in a manner that does.

El Bastardo 04-17-2012 09:43 AM

Just get your mom to give you more gas money. Problem solved.

mos_skeeto 04-17-2012 09:52 AM

Reduce weight by ripping out all your door trim and remove all seats but driver's seat

:troll:

Presto 04-17-2012 10:29 AM

Here ya go, a free option. Stick one of these under your gas pedal.:
http://www.dreamstime.com/a-rock-or-...mb10644403.jpg

Users have reported that the bigger the rock, the bigger the savings. Several users even reports that this has reduced consumption to zero.

"My gas pedal doesn't depress anymore, so I'm not using any fuel, at all!"

MG1 04-17-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d87c (Post 7889954)
Was browsing DX, and found similar product for $5 lol, if anyone is interested, here you go~

NEO SOCKET Fuel Economizer for Car - Save Fuel/Gas 10%-30% (12V) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

It doubles as a butt plug..........

Death2Theft 04-17-2012 06:47 PM

Works just like using torque wrenches to loosen stuff. Now go "swallow an egg" you cheap bastard and take the bus.