REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 05-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #51
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthless View Post
I believe he will have to call in and make an appointment for an inspector to come check it out. I believe the inspector comes in and checks to see if there is a stove present and the appropriate plug for the stove(there shouldn't be a stove or a plug if there is no basement suite being rented out; but all municipalities are different with their regulations) also he/she may go through the rooms in the basement to see if anyone other than the owner is living there.
I think the city can't stop you from having a "second kitchen" in your house. If someone other than family is using that space, then that's when the city can penalize you for renting out the space illegally.
Advertisement
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:28 AM   #52
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

The city will most likely not allow you to have a second kitchen, regardless of who's using it or whether it is even being used. If the building by-law doesn't allow you to have a secondary kitchen, then you're not allowed to have one, regardless of who's the end user
Bring some RS people with you to help u GANG BANG the guy!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selanne_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #53
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Since you rent from your dad does he still have to pay higher tax suite or not? You're family, it's the same as if you lived at home, no?

I really don't have a problem with people who are renting out paying more they do use more services. Like the post a few up, the renters to my left have 6 cars and 8 people living there. Those 8 people use a lot more garbage and sewage then myself, wife and son do.
Yep he now has to pay higher suite tax even if I'm family. I think its about $350 a year for garbage collection and BS. I told him he should fight it but he's happy now because it's considered an authorized suite which will add value to the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Doucher View Post
6 suites? exaggeration much?
nope 2 on the upper floor and some have 3 on the bottom. The house I used to live next to had 4 but I have seen some with 6 before.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #54
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne_200 View Post
The city will most likely not allow you to have a second kitchen, regardless of who's using it or whether it is even being used. If the building by-law doesn't allow you to have a secondary kitchen, then you're not allowed to have one, regardless of who's the end user
I talked to a friend over the weekend, and you're right. No second kitchen period!

Friend's relative got a inspection notice, and they made arrangements (including a bit of financial compensation) with their illegal tenants to move out for a short period. During that time, the home owner actually removed all the appliances & cabinets in the suite's kitchen, then put everything back after the city inspection!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #55
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I talked to a friend over the weekend, and you're right. No second kitchen period!

Friend's relative got a inspection notice, and they made arrangements (including a bit of financial compensation) with their illegal tenants to move out for a short period. During that time, the home owner actually removed all the appliances & cabinets in the suite's kitchen, then put everything back after the city inspection!
Better hope that tenancy doesn't go sour.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #56
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
The thing about these suites... is if there is a HUGE crackdown and most are deemed illegal and closed, that would throw out ALOT of people who just cant afford apartment living and what not. Some or most of these 'suites' provide renters with a very affordable rent payment.
Acura604 is online now   Reply With Quote