REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-16-2018, 07:51 PM   #7376
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
So glad I bailed on bmws years ago and just got s new car
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2018, 08:05 PM   #7377
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
So glad I bailed on bmws years ago and just got s new car
Are you though.....
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2018, 05:08 PM   #7378
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,905 Times in 3,868 Posts
I bled the clutch hoping to get it my old 2WD Celica working again for Thunderbird, but no dice. So I started pulling everything out, I couldn't get the trans to separate fully so I called it a day. Looking at the service manual again I forgot to disconnect the speedo cable, whoops. Hopefully I haven't destroyed it as the speedo is pretty crucial for TSD's.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2018, 06:44 PM   #7379
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I changed the clutch on our Matrix on Wednesday. The new one feels ten times lighter, kind of weird lol. Luckily I didn't really follow the service manual, or it wouldve taken me two days instead of one. Not sure why it wanted me to remove the hood or drop the steering rack and subframe lmao. Actually grabbed a new flywheel ahead of time for pretty cheap and threw it in as well, because the guys at work couldn't promise me that they could send out the flywheel and have it machined in time on the same day. So the old flywheel is gonna get machined eventually and ready for the next clutch... hopefully not for a long time lol
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2018, 06:13 PM   #7380
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Installed my tonneau cover onto the new truck. Half of the clamps were seized up, hit with wd40, and after 10 or so minutes and some muscle they were functional again!
pintoBC_3sgte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 05:49 PM   #7381
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Had a remote starter installed the other day, loving it so far. Could never justify spending that kind of money back when I lived in Vancouver because it never really got that cold there, but now that I live in Toronto and have to deal with -15 to -20 mornings and evenings it's definitely coming in handy.

I got it more so for the summer though, I park outside at work and I hear the humidity here is terrible. Will be nice to have the A/C pumping cold air into the cabin for 5 minutes before I actually get in!
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2018, 05:50 PM   #7382
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone Loc View Post
Had a remote starter installed the other day, loving it so far. Could never justify spending that kind of money back when I lived in Vancouver because it never really got that cold there, but now that I live in Toronto and have to deal with -15 to -20 mornings and evenings it's definitely coming in handy.

I got it more so for the summer though, I park outside at work and I hear the humidity here is terrible. Will be nice to have the A/C pumping cold air into the cabin for 5 minutes before I actually get in!
Plus the car actually gets a chance to be warmed up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2018, 07:46 PM   #7383
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,653 Times in 3,106 Posts
I topped up all the car batteries in the family. Took me a few days but I reconditioned all the batteries with the ctek charger. Best investment ever.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:22 PM   #7384

Quote:
I was there for half a day a few years back, I think it was in late June or July. The second the A/C in the car stopped I'd be sweating, it was brutal.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 01-26-2018, 01:18 PM   #7385

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Plus the car actually gets a chance to be warmed up.

No kidding. Before I had my remote installed, I would warm up the car for 2-3 minutes... even then, the first 20~ odd seconds the car felt super sluggish when accelerating, as if a big rubber band was pulling it back. Now I will run it for 6-7 minutes, and no more "rubber band" issue. And it's nice and toasty inside too!

As for underscore's comment about the heat, I'm not looking forward to it at all. I sweat a lot, so I much prefer too cold than too hot.... hell, I had to get an A/C unit for my room in Vancouver for the 2-3 weeks every summer where it got "too hot". Yes I am that much of a pansy....
Old 01-28-2018, 09:56 AM   #7386
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
No kidding. Before I had my remote installed, I would warm up the car for 2-3 minutes... even then, the first 20~ odd seconds the car felt super sluggish when accelerating, as if a big rubber band was pulling it back. Now I will run it for 6-7 minutes, and no more "rubber band" issue. And it's nice and toasty inside too!

As for underscore's comment about the heat, I'm not looking forward to it at all. I sweat a lot, so I much prefer too cold than too hot.... hell, I had to get an A/C unit for my room in Vancouver for the 2-3 weeks every summer where it got "too hot". Yes I am that much of a pansy....
Would you have gotten one if you still lived here? I've been debating on getting one, simply bc I live right next to the on ramp that I take to work/school, the car doesn't get enough time to warm up.

As for being a pansy about weather. When it's cold you can always put on more layers, but when it's hot, how many layers can you take off?

Also leather and black cars must suck in Toronto

|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:01 AM   #7387

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
From an environmental perspective, I think its pretty shitty to have a running car with no one in it to warm a car up from like 3 degrees Celcius.
I can understand it in extreme temps, like alberta and ontario, but Vancouver is far to temperate to justify environmental impact for such mild adjustments.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2018, 10:07 AM   #7388

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Quote:
Would you have gotten one if you still lived here? I've been debating on getting one, simply bc I live right next to the on ramp that I take to work/school, the car doesn't get enough time to warm up.

As for being a pansy about weather. When it's cold you can always put on more layers, but when it's hot, how many layers can you take off?

Unless you live on that shitty super sketch westbound on ramp in North Vancouver I don't think you need to worry too much. Don't rev the shit out of it and you'll be fine. You have plenty of oil pressure seconds after starting and modern oils are really good. Westopher is right. It's a bit silly in Vancouver.

EDIT: if you really are that concerned and want to be anal. Get an oil pan heater like the diesel big rigs in the prairies. I put one on my oil pan, and one on my transmission when I was in Manitoba. The oil was warm before I even started the car haha. Complete overkill for there.... never mind here haha.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:07 AM   #7389
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
I am of the opinion that a car is best warmed up by driving it. When starting from cold, just keep the acceleration and revs to a low, somewhere under 3000rpm, and you're golden. No need for any Initial D action. Vancouver's climate does not necessitate a long warm up time. Alberta/Ontario, maybe.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2018, 04:21 PM   #7390

Quote:
The engine coolant and oil might get warmed up a bit, but the driveline fluids will still be cold so you still need to baby it to warm things up properly. Remote starting really gains you nothing except a warmer cabin and a higher fuel bill.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2018, 05:25 PM   #7391

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
The only time I let my car really warm up is if my windows are fogged and they need to defog

Today went to install my turbosmart BOV and it wouldn’t fit. Box says the correct part number for my RS. Pouring rain and with a sore back. Not happy about today...
Old 01-28-2018, 07:21 PM   #7392
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
I always wait until my oil temp is 20ºC before I start driving off. Probably not necessary, but I just felt "20" was the magic number and stuck with it.

Maybe I should stop doing that..?
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:11 PM   #7393
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,009 Times in 1,889 Posts
I literally drive off within 5 seconds of starting my car and not rev the shit out of it until it reaches operating temperature. Whenever I warm it up, I just want a warm interior before driving off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:50 PM   #7394
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Much like doing a first oil change at ~2000km, warming up my vehicles for a couple minutes before driving is something I just feel better about doing, whether it helps or not, I don't really care.

Although we get quite a bit of -20 up here, so you have to warm them up for about 5 minutes.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 05:37 AM   #7395

Quote:
Would you have gotten one if you still lived here?

Definitely not. It doesn't get cold enough in Vancouver. I never warmed up my car for more than a minute back home.

I only got it here because I park outside for 10+ hour shifts, often at night when it's -20 out, sometimes closer to -30 with the wind chill.

My car is dark grey with black leather. Definitely going to get it tinted before it gets warm. Hooray for Ontario laws, we can tint the front driver and front passenger windows here!!
Old 02-20-2018, 07:29 PM   #7396
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,907 Times in 754 Posts
Meguiars Supreme Shine works great on the dash and interior BUT what about tires.. yup...works great and shined up nicely. Although it takes a while to dry.

Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:15 PM   #7397

I spent some time digging and then winching it out on the snow it was stuck in on a FSR, since it got stuck trying to back down a road after failing to recover another stuck truck last night at 2AM. I won't make the mistake of putting myself in a sketchy spot to try and help out a friend of a friend of a friend who stuck their vehicle in an even sketchier spot again. Not without a winch anyways, and definitely not late at night when it's cold as balls and only property is at risk. So long as the people and pets have a safe ride home idgaf about something replaceable like a vehicle.

While we were shuffling vehicles we found another guy stuck in a stock truck with meh tires and open diffs, pulled him out, then finally pulled out the original stuck truck, then on the way down passed a truck going the other way that I'm almost positive was going to get stuck, but that's his problem.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-06-2018, 08:34 PM   #7398
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Flushed the coolant and changed the thermostat on my m3

CompM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:30 AM   #7399
Boost Lee

Replaced the Toyota steering wheel with a Personal on the MR2.

1BADMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2018, 07:17 AM   #7400

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Picked up my new truck last night. After debating trying to get a lightly used F150 or alike I decided I didn't really need a full size and for around the same dollar figure of a used one I could get a new mid size.

I tried to buy it from a dealer near my house but the offers they were making me were way to terrible to even consider, like almost full MSRP and trying to convince me they were doing me a favor by offering that.

I ended up finding a truck that was almost exactly what I wanted minus the wheels on Dueck's website. I spoke to the salesman over the phone and let him know I was going to send an offer all cash except for my trade, I also let them know what I need for my trade in. My offer was Invoice + 3.5% minus rebates and my trade no doc fees, levies, headlight fluid fees none of it.

I sent the offer, 30 minutes later got a call asking for my VIN sent him that and some photo's. 1 hour later I got a call and was told they could do it and would give me what I wanted on my trade without even looking at it. I gave a deposit over the phone and picked it up the next evening after work. I was very happy with my experience there, no BS straight to the point easy sale.

I'm happy with the truck, Z71 and had the leather interior I wanted I just have to buy some new wheels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 29249183_10155992967136413_4115330636737150976_o.jpg (83.9 KB, 0 views)

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: