REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:40 PM   #26
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjew View Post
has anyone been asked for the time for real in the last year or 2? if someone asks for the time just say you dont know...
The best reply is, "its time to get a new watch".
Advertisement

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #27
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
Quote:
has anyone been asked for the time for real in the last year or 2? if someone asks for the time just say you dont know...
there are times i forget my phone at home and i dont wear a watch very often anymore so yes i still do it in those rare occasions.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:13 AM   #28
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Best course of action is to attack anyone that asks you for the time, because they were probably trying to rob you.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:31 AM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Again, as it's already been stated in here, this doesn't not happen to ordinary people. I always feel that if you get scammed, chances are, 8-9/10, you have yourself to blame.

How is that this girl has been robbed twice? Did you call the police afterwards and to tell them you were robbed at gun point?
Old 04-18-2012, 06:05 AM   #30
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
If your homestay has been robbed twice, she is likely making herself an easy target.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:40 AM   #31
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,437 Times in 376 Posts
I am actually friends with the girl in richmond that got pepper sprayed lol
She was waiting for someone on Alexandra Rd. and two white guys asked to borrow her phone. Not sure if they looked sketchy or not but I guess not if she decided to lend it to them. But yeah when she took out her iPhone they peppersprayed her took the phone and peaced it.
'06 BMW 330i [RIP]

'02 BMW M3
'99 Honda Civic SIR [sold]
'19 Civic Type R[sold]
'22 MINI Cooper SE
My Photojournal: simplexcars
Simplex123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:58 AM   #32
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
yep i looked at my watch, told the guy the time, while keeping an eye on him in case he was gonna pull anything funny. was probably hoping i would pull out a phone i guess lol

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #33
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Quote:
yes I have, but that person was standing on the other side of the ledge and had his hands full.

Otherwise, I always wear a watch... so....
Old 04-18-2012, 08:41 AM   #34
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

taken from reddit

The Police arrested the guy who stole my phone. I was left with this souvenir. Enjoy. - Imgur
Mozo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #35
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

^LOOOOOOOOL
Jboii59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #36
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Are you a FOB homestay student?

Are you low on cash?

Is Mommy and Daddy not putting enough into your spending account?

I've got a solution! Sell your smart phone and claim you were robbed! Everyone will believe you because your FOB and then You will not only get a new phone but you'll also have spare cash!!

1.Need money
2.Sell phone
3.Claim Robbery
4.Profit?????

Berz out.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #37
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
yep i looked at my watch, with a Crocadile Dundde knife in my other hand, told the guy the time, while keeping an eye on him in case he was gonna pull anything funny. was probably hoping i would pull out a phone i guess lol
Fixt.......
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:07 AM   #38
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
not hard to believe about the snatch and run. Just heard on the Chinese news about two incident that happened 45 mins within each other. Both snatch and run.
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #39
I am Hook'd on RS

Yes, actually Anjew, and if I wasn't so "you don't wanna mess with them" looking, I probably shouldn't have checked my nice watch. Good advice to pass along, thanks.
mbrodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #40
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I don't see why people don't believe in phones being stolen with guns / pepper spray.

A friend of mine actually had her phone stolen while waiting on alexandra road in richmond for someone to pick her up. Two guys came up to her asking for her time and when she pulled the phone out she got pepper sprayed and the guys took her phone and ran for it.

It happens. Be careful people lol, that's why when people ask me for the time I just tell them I don't have it.
kouki_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #41
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
yeah i usually get asked by girls several times a day
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #42
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by niu99 View Post
twice this month already, my homestay girl was robbed of her iphone. once at metrotown, and just now at richmond. First time she was talking on her iphone, and a black man grabbed it out of her hand from behind and ran. today, she was in richmond, two guys ask for time, upon pulling out her phone, robbed her at gun point. Just letting the word out, becareful where you use your phone, cell phone theft is getting more and more common. her friend was pepper sprayed in richmond the other day, the theft stole iphone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplex123 View Post
I am actually friends with the girl in richmond that got pepper sprayed lol
She was waiting for someone on Alexandra Rd. and two white guys asked to borrow her phone. Not sure if they looked sketchy or not but I guess not if she decided to lend it to them. But yeah when she took out her iPhone they peppersprayed her took the phone and peaced it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kouki_monster View Post
I don't see why people don't believe in phones being stolen with guns / pepper spray.

A friend of mine actually had her phone stolen while waiting on alexandra road in richmond for someone to pick her up. Two guys came up to her asking for her time and when she pulled the phone out she got pepper sprayed and the guys took her phone and ran for it.

It happens. Be careful people lol, that's why when people ask me for the time I just tell them I don't have it.

I think all of you are talking about the same person and you actually think its many different incidents

Certainly phone thefts happen... interestingly the govt wants to make a phone directory to "protect" ppl who have their phones stolen; although it sounds like they just want to crack down on holding people accountable for crimes who claim their phones were stolen
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #43
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
It's not that most people don't believe these kinds of things happen. It is that when a person gets robbed twice in a very short period of time (the second time in a very odd/unusual sounding circumstance, at least for Vancouver) doubts begin to get raised.

It's like when your ordinarily well-behaved dog knocks over a drink in the livingroom when he's there with your 4-year old son. When he says the dog did it you believe him. But when it happens again the next time you leave the room...you start to wonder. Maybe the dog is getting extra rambunctious all of a sudden; or maybe your kid has discovered a way to have fun and have a get-out-of-jail-free card.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2012, 12:09 AM   #44
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
I actually got ask about the time tons of times when I walk from walk to skytrain. Most of the time I have my headphones on so I just pretend I don't hear them.

I am sorry but if you really need the time just go to those fare machines inside the skytrain, it clearly display the time.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #45
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
too_slow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #46
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
I wish them punks would try that shit with me.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
b0unce. [?] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #47
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Good thing I was never raised and taught that the world Kansas safe place. Good thing I grew up dealing with drugs and junkies so now I have a strong sense of street smart and awareness in public.

Word of advice, don't talk on the phone in a wide open area. Talk with your back against a wall. If you see a black man walking g towards you, turn to the direction so that the ear with the phone is against the wall.

If you get pepper sprayed, run for your life. Yea those shit stings but when you feel your life is at risk, it's not gonna hurt that much.

If younger robbed at gunpoint, unless you're chuck Norris, just give the man your cellphone. Or take it and smash it on the ground. He's not gonna shoot you after that.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-21-2012, 12:57 AM   #48
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
I hear stories of phones being ripped out of people's hands while they are looking down and texting, or playing games, etc.,
They just walk by, snatch it, and run.

But the stories always end up with a LG or some FOB girl being the victim. Easier looking targets I guess.

btw, last time someone asked me for the time was at the mall, beside a kiosk selling hand cream products.
Turns out this guy stopping me to ask me for the time was his opening to his sales pitch.
Cause after I told him the time, he pulled me in and started telling me about his products.

I guess it was clever... If he had just asked me if I was interested in his product,
I would have continued walking and ignoring him. I still didn't buy his crap anyway though.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #49
straight from the fields of squamton

if someone ask me what time it is i just say it's 12:30, no matter what time it is.

it either gets weirdos away from me or gets a strange look. either way i get the last laugh

this is something i've learned from not being a young chinese immagrant
Old 04-22-2012, 01:05 AM   #50
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I was at the CIBC at 41st and cambie and some punk was waiting at the parking lot probably wanted to jack me up. Story is I parked the car at the back around 9pm ish new years eve. While I was walking around to the front I notice some sketchy ass mofo looking around checking if anyone is around then he walks towards me and I give him a look while i keep walking...I thought he was going to do smth funny at this point so I kept an eye on him. He had his hood on and everything but we just walked past each other and I figured that was over. So he walked into the parking lot and I was heading to the front of the bank. Then when I'm at the atm I realized that I gotta get back to the car and remembered there were no other cars in the parking lot so that punk was probably waiting for me to withdraw my money and jack me up when I get in the car.....good thing was that my frd was in the car and I left the key with her. So I called her and told her to drive to the front to pick me up. After I got on the car she told me that guy was standing around in the parking lot waiting and while we were driving away I saw him come out of the parking lot and we exchanged looks. he looked kinda sad tho... wonder why

So yeah.. it's a real threat to get robbed even in the west side of Vancouver. Moral of the story is just be aware of your surroundings and you'll most likely be fine.
Gee.Tee.Ar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: