REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2012, 03:54 AM   #26
Need to Shave n Shower, but I CANT STOP POSTING ON RS
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 19,766
Thanked 6,443 Times in 1,211 Posts
My woman pays 100% in a restaurant or bar.
I won't pay a dime when I cover all the monthly bills

asian_XL is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #27
I STILL don't get it
 
joolee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 488
Thanked 74 Times in 28 Posts
Usually we take turns. I make an effort to pay as well because it feels odd to always have the guy paying for everything. Not my cup of tea.
__________________
Stressed is desserts spelt backwards! :D
joolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #28
Ri2
Willing to stick a finger in a guys butt for the sake of science
 
Ri2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Hood
Posts: 357
Thanked 253 Times in 103 Posts
friends, i expect to pay my own. since ive been in school, they don't let me pay and instead request things like cupcakes and liquor next time. they know when i have flow, i'm always down to drop it when we go out.

dating, i also expect to pay my own. i always offer and i'm hesitant to put my wallet away. guys can pay but i'll want to pick it up next time. i don't go on too many casual dates so my lines on whether we're hanging out as friends or going on a date are really fuzzy. i usually don't realize that i've been on a date until after the fact when my friends are going ".....so you went on a date then."

relationships, still expect to pay my own. however, i like to buy presents..doesn't matter if there's a holiday or not. if you've been driving, paying for gas, and food, etc. and waving me away when i offer then i'll buy you something that you've mentioned to me previously that you would like or need as my form of gratitude.. car stuff, tools, new belt/wallet/shoes, etc.

pretty much in either instance, you can pay for me but i will reciprocate. i'm pretty sneaky so i'll find ways to pay first
Ri2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #29
Rider
 
gdoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Surrey
Posts: 3,269
Thanked 2,078 Times in 530 Posts
Spoiler!


this is what me and my SO have been doing going on 5 years now
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #30
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
toyobaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BC
Posts: 965
Thanked 239 Times in 76 Posts
I usually pay. But when the woman attempts to pull her purse out Ill be more than happy to take the bill. At least she showing effort she wants to pay. My last gf never made that effort. I picked her up every night paid for every meal/date. Only thing shes offered to pay for was the Grouse Grind ticket down, and it probably was because we finished it together at the same time. I hope this new girl im trying to date surprises me that shes not like my last selfish ex.
__________________
2014 Lexus IS250 AWD F Sport----Current
2013 Scion FR-S ---------------------SOLD
2006 Honda Civic Si Coupe------------SOLD
1998 Honda Civic Si Coupe------------SOLD
1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme------SOLD
toyobaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #31
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
Glove's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,243
Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
most of the time me and my gf 50/50,

but sometimes I tell her im broke because I bought too many car parts, thus we need to "cook our meal" = "you cook me a meal" = we go out and she pays
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #32
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
cruz-in's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,023
Thanked 420 Times in 116 Posts
i pay 100% of the time.. but i always get gifts from my woman

Her :babe, noticed your running out of shirts so i went to A&F and bought you 6 shirts
Me:
cruz-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #33
Director of RS Cares
 
miss_crayon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Crayon Box
Posts: 5,173
Thanked 600 Times in 281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoTurbo View Post
I paid about 90:10 so far and its been 6 months. After I transferred schools and stopped working and SHE started working, its about 60%:40% of the bill we split after I told her I don't have a lot of money going to school. She understood but as a man, it was really hard to tell your gf you have no money now because of school when once I could have paid the whole bill and stuff
Mr crayon took the leap, quit his job and is now going back to school full time. I know what you mean when you say it was hard for you to admit you have no money as this was an ego blow to him as well. I reassure him that it's really okay and this is an investment for himself and the future.

He feels bad that I have to pay most of the time whenever we go out or need something but I don't mind. Granted I have been very lucky and blessed to have found a job that I'm successful in (so it's been easier to make the ends meet) but really... if the girl really loves you and she feels this relationship is "long term" she isn't going to mind pulling the weight if her partner is down and recharging and vice versa.

For me, I see it as it's "our" money anyways so what is the difference if I pay or he pays? Granted I don't have as much disposable income anymore..but then again this was a blessing in disguise since I had to readjust how to use and spend my money wisely.
__________________
tiptronic: getting cut off by bicycles since 2007
yam-sies
miss_crayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #34
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
yameen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Vancity
Posts: 1,294
Thanked 129 Times in 48 Posts
will it ever backfire when the guy wants to pay and the girl also insists on paying? it's only our 3rd date and it's not yet official, so i still want to pay. this one is a keeper =)
yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2012, 09:51 PM   #35
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
6793026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BC, HK, USA
Posts: 5,732
Thanked 1,392 Times in 503 Posts
when the girl pays for a nice meal, you bet that I'll make sure i'll cook her a few nice meals when we get home. I make sure i take care of her when she takes care of me.

she doesn't really get that concept yet but I alway pull my own and i expect to pull her own when it comes to it.
__________________
Arguing on the internet is like running in the SPECIAL OLYMPICS.

Even if you win, you're still retarded.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #36
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 524
Thanked 130 Times in 50 Posts
Atm, I'm paying for most of the expenses between my gf and I cuz I have a steady income while she works seasonally and pays for tuition. We've agreed to cutting back our expenses though cuz we want to start saving for future expenses.
Cereal Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #37
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
BaoTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Neverland
Posts: 2,578
Thanked 552 Times in 302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_crayon View Post
Mr crayon took the leap, quit his job and is now going back to school full time. I know what you mean when you say it was hard for you to admit you have no money as this was an ego blow to him as well. I reassure him that it's really okay and this is an investment for himself and the future.

He feels bad that I have to pay most of the time whenever we go out or need something but I don't mind. Granted I have been very lucky and blessed to have found a job that I'm successful in (so it's been easier to make the ends meet) but really... if the girl really loves you and she feels this relationship is "long term" she isn't going to mind pulling the weight if her partner is down and recharging and vice versa.

For me, I see it as it's "our" money anyways so what is the difference if I pay or he pays? Granted I don't have as much disposable income anymore..but then again this was a blessing in disguise since I had to readjust how to use and spend my money wisely.
It was quite an ego blow to me as well. I tried to tell her straight up like: babe I actually don't have money anymore, but instead I edged it a little saying: babe, I keep paying for your meals cuz you're my piggy (circles like that). In the end, I just stood up and told her because obviously she didn't get the message clearly (well actually how could she unless I tell her LOL).

However this is a good test for your partner if he/she is after your money, even if it's not a lot, it's free meals!!! But yea I switched from college to university so even if I don't have money now, I will have a better chance at getting more when I finish.

BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #38
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Great68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Victoria
Posts: 8,507
Thanked 2,597 Times in 849 Posts
When I was working and she was in school, I paid.

When I went back to school and she was working, she paid.

Now that we're married it doesn't matter because it all comes out of the same bank account anyways.
__________________
1968 Mustang Coupe
2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3
1997 GMC Sonoma ZR2

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:37 AM   #39
Meow
 
Araaadi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,233
Thanked 582 Times in 200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoTurbo View Post
It was quite an ego blow to me as well. I tried to tell her straight up like: babe I actually don't have money anymore, but instead I edged it a little saying: babe, I keep paying for your meals cuz you're my piggy (circles like that). In the end, I just stood up and told her because obviously she didn't get the message clearly (well actually how could she unless I tell her LOL).

However this is a good test for your partner if he/she is after your money, even if it's not a lot, it's free meals!!! But yea I switched from college to university so even if I don't have money now, I will have a better chance at getting more when I finish.


Pretty much same deal here, at first I felt bad trying to not pay because I have nothing to pay with. After maxing out my creditcard, I confessed how broke I was and she's paying and she told me she enjoys it. She's paying to roll my fenders now too
Araaadi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:11 AM   #40
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once
 
dlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 6,040
Thanked 7,900 Times in 1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yameen View Post
will it ever backfire when the guy wants to pay and the girl also insists on paying? it's only our 3rd date and it's not yet official, so i still want to pay. this one is a keeper =)
in ur situation but ill still be paying
__________________
Quote:
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2012, 01:25 AM   #41
RS controls my life!
 
Jegz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Richcity
Posts: 1,295
Thanked 1,178 Times in 228 Posts
it was always 90:10 for me. i feel cheap if the girl pays
would be nice to get treated once in a while
__________________
www.fadebygrey.com
Jegz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #42
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: n
Posts: 192
Thanked 446 Times in 58 Posts
i'd always pay, but it'd be nice if they'd at least have the courtesy to pull out their wallet.. but even when they do i still pay for them
it just makes me respect them and put them on another bar than other girls that expect the guys to pay for everything.
DinhNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #43
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
TheNewGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 1,476
Thanked 521 Times in 263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jegglez View Post
it was always 90:10 for me. i feel cheap if the girl pays
would be nice to get treated once in a while

My guy hates it when I pay when we eat out and stuff. BUT I think a considerate girlfriend can still figure out ways to 'pay' without bludgeoning a guys ego. Like if we're going out to a movie and dinner I might pre buy the movie passes online so it's done and he can't argue and then let him get the check at the dinner, or when I'm going over there for a night in I often grab a bottle of wine or some take out on my way over.

THAT said, one thing I think guys should appreciate more is how much girls spend on looking nice for their men. If I drop a large sum of money on some really cute/hot underthings that I know he's going to like (and they are BLOODY expensive) I'm expecting he's going to get the next couple nights out.
__________________
~ Just another noob looking for a clue
TheNewGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #44
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 130
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
The way I see it, Boyfriends should pay(Its to makeup for the fact us not having to bleed once a month and the pain of childbirth). For friends its up to you, you spot her today, she spots you some other time etc...
ChaSuiBow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #45
rebuild you say?
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,150
Thanked 3,532 Times in 1,172 Posts
^lol...

so what you're saying is because women have kids and have their period, guys should be paying 100% of the time?
__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #46
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,502
Thanked 656 Times in 205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaSuiBow View Post
The way I see it, Boyfriends should pay(Its to makeup for the fact us not having to bleed once a month and the pain of childbirth). For friends its up to you, you spot her today, she spots you some other time etc...
"Gender (m/f)
m
Occupation
student
School
High School
Vehicle
N/A"



Just cuz a woman has her period doesn't entitle guys to pay 100% of the time. It really depends what kind on what kind of personalities you guys have..
dyan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #47
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Bonka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,762
Thanked 647 Times in 283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbaddie View Post
"Gender (m/f)
m
It's a she-he

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaSuiBow View Post
The way I see it, Boyfriends should pay(Its to makeup for the fact us not having to bleed once a month and the pain of childbirth). For friends its up to you, you spot her today, she spots you some other time etc...
Quote:
Occupation
student
School
High School


Making your "boyfriend" pay because you were born a woman

I'd hate to know what else goes on in that mind of yours with that logic.
__________________
SHIFT_

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #48
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
Mozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancity
Posts: 196
Thanked 173 Times in 33 Posts
For me it seems to be who ever has more money on them/in account at the time tends to pay that day. Will vary from day to day i guess
Mozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #49
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,502
Thanked 656 Times in 205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonka View Post
Making your "boyfriend" pay because you were born a woman

I'd hate to know what else goes on in that mind of yours with that logic.
High school logic where 98% of them are funded by parents. Dunno what life is like in the real world.
dyan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #50
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,351
Thanked 1,791 Times in 822 Posts
Everyone has jumped on the poor girl who's still in high school, but there's nothing inherently wrong with her perspective as long as she acts and behaves as a traditional lady should. If she stays home, raises the kids, and puts out whenever, I'm sure many guys here would have no problems with paying 99% of the time.
Tapioca is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net