REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-24-2012, 11:03 PM   #51
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by belaud View Post
In this case, it would seem his future body health is already in jeopardy. My friend's knee's are still not bending properly, it also hurts for him to sit at a 90o angle. Its been about year and a half now after his right frontal side collision also from a left turn.

My co-worker who had a straight on collision still has whiplash in his neck, his spinal injury is permanent (he has to sleep on spikes in order for the nerves to not pinch, as well as a flat wooden board + sleeping bag), as well as joint pains during season changes. Its been nearly 2 and a half years for this gentlemen, he still has to go under intense and painful physiotherapy every year or so for a week to lessen his symptoms, even then, not able to sleep properly ever is a slap in the face.

So yeah, thats probably why many people lie about what kind of pain they're experiencing after an accident in order to cash in.
Seriously, I have never seen so many people involved in relatively minor collisions whining about "injuries." This only seems to happen in the US and Canada. Insurance should pay your medical bills and only provide compensation for "pain and suffering" in the most egregarious cases that are based on physical evidence of trauma.

People in developing countries that get involved in similar accidents seem to go about their days just fine without claiming injuries or getting compensation.
Advertisement
Old 04-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #52
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

I believe "pain and suffering" is not paid to the party at fault. Only medical bills such as physio due to "no fault" provisions.

As for OP's car, it's been discussed that ICBC should be offering a value of zero. Tow expenses will be paid by the owner befuase the salvage is the responsibility of the owner, not ICBC, unless covered under insurance.

I hope OP gets nothing for his car because any payment means paying customers are subsidizing his loss.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2012, 11:28 PM   #53
Hyde's Understudy

^ so i guess whatever "pennies" hes getting is paid by us at the end
Old 04-24-2012, 11:45 PM   #54
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
You gambled, you lost.

Get the fuck over it and take what they're giving you.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #55
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHatta View Post
OP's car's damage

Using that basis, it looks like it would be 50/50 fault. Sorry to hear about your loss/injuries David, but it looks like you're fucked.
Ouch, OP.. lesson learned, that's unfortunate. You have the right of way to make a left turn after traffic from opposite direction clears and when safe to do so. I think that's what the book says. But I agree on making ICBC pay, monopoly does not in any way represent the public's best interest.
Duff Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:03 AM   #56
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
Seriously, I have never seen so many people involved in relatively minor collisions whining about "injuries." This only seems to happen in the US and Canada. Insurance should pay your medical bills and only provide compensation for "pain and suffering" in the most egregarious cases that are based on physical evidence of trauma.

People in developing countries that get involved in similar accidents seem to go about their days just fine without claiming injuries or getting compensation.
I couldn't agree more, it's shameful. People complain about ICBC insurance rates, but don't seem to understand that people with the "car accident lottery" approach are contributing to expense.

I was involved in a serious accident and required surgeries accompanied by two years in rehab; at any given time there were multiple people at my clinic who were very obviously using a "stiff neck" as a means to a 6-8 week paid vacation.

There were certainly people with very serious injuries at the clinic and those who clearly had legitimately "sore" bodies who required and benefited from treatment. Those people worked hard during physiotherapy exercises, because they badly wanted to get better so they could be relieved of the pain they were in. Then there was the other third of the patients, who resisted every attempt at exercise and were fiercely defensive.

Last edited by MindBomber; 04-25-2012 at 12:10 AM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:19 PM   #57
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,064 Times in 1,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Witnesses.

Either a red light ticket for the other driver, witnesses in the cars that stopped for the red light, or a certain Red RX8 with a dash cam.
Thanks, but the point I was trying to make to nsx042003 is that it's easy to prove you were turning left, but finding a credible witness to support your story (he ran the red!) is much harder.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #58
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post

Yeah, I mean don't we take a certain level of responsibility by getting into a car in the first place?
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:28 PM   #59
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHatta View Post
OP's car's damage

Reminds me of that auto insurance commercial where the guy is polishing his car
HansonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote