REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #26
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhil View Post

My board came in yesterday.
So far, it rides good but I need to hit up downhill to break in those wheels. I need to get my sliding gloves and helmet first but can't find time.
Nice board. Where did you order it from? How you like the feel of it? I am leaning towards getting a Landyacht also with their 'W' and drop deck design. Does it ride similar to snowboarding. Did you get high duro wheels for sliding?
Advertisement
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
civicyvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #27
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedroom Eyes View Post
If you're looking for making your own gloves, a friend of mine cut up a plastic cutting board and glued/melting the pieces to the fingers of a pair of welding gloves. Sturdy, protect your hands, and pretty cheap if you can find second hand gloves.
Thanks bud for the info. Not really into the bulky welder gloves but will prob do something with mech gloves.
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
civicyvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:50 PM   #28
THEY HATE US CUZ THEY AIN'T US

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicyvr View Post
Nice board. Where did you order it from? How you like the feel of it? I am leaning towards getting a Landyacht also with their 'W' and drop deck design. Does it ride similar to snowboarding. Did you get high duro wheels for sliding?
It rides pretty comfortable so far. I haven't done much skateboarding yet because Im busy with school exams. I wanted to get the Switch board first but they were out of stock when I ordered it 3 days ago and just yesterday, they just re-stock them. Super lame.
I ordered it from Daddies Board Shop because of free shipping within US.
The wheels are Dano's rounded wheels 70mm diameter and 78A duro. So yes they're sliding wheels.. I haven't done any sliding yet because I'm still new to it. I need to break in those wheels first. I've read that these wheels are predictable and easy to slide. So we'll see.
exhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #29
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Always wanted to get into this.
JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #30
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhil View Post

My board came in yesterday.
So far, it rides good but I need to hit up downhill to break in those wheels. I need to get my sliding gloves and helmet first but can't find time.
Dude! That looks sweet! Come join us for a seawall cruise this Sunday.
celica-g5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #31
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

So whats a good starter board?
JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #32
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

For a starter board, you need to know what you're wanting to do with it. Are you wanting to bomb down hills, do slides and go fast, or are you looking for something to just cruise on flats like the seawall or just around town? Once you decide, you can go from there.
yogenfruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:31 AM   #33
Need to Seek Professional Help

Alright! It's about that time of the year again! We got a nice crew of about 5-6 regulars. Anyone here want to join us? All skill levels are welcome!

Just to spread the stoke, here's an edit I did with a couple of the guys from November.

Watch in 720P

celica-g5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #34
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Is snowboarding anything like longboarding? I've always wanted to try it out during the summer.

Last edited by ImFlying; 02-19-2014 at 08:36 PM.
ImFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #35
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,437 Times in 376 Posts
Wow never seen this thread before. Looks really fun! Makes me want to learn too. Maybe after snowboarding season ends
'06 BMW 330i [RIP]

'02 BMW M3
'99 Honda Civic SIR [sold]
'19 Civic Type R[sold]
'22 MINI Cooper SE
My Photojournal: simplexcars
Simplex123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #36
RS Lurker, I don't post!

I always thought longboarding in Vancouver consisted of bombing down North Van at incredible speeds with no regards to the surroundings eventually ending up plowing into a car.

I'd love to give this a go too. Probably should learn how to skateboard first...

Last edited by jewps; 11-13-2013 at 10:09 PM.
jewps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:36 PM   #37
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewps View Post
I always thought longboarding in Vancouver consisted of bombing down North Van at incredible speeds with no regards to the surroundings eventually ending up plowing into a car.

I'd love to give this a go too. Probably should learn how to skateboard first...
Yeah, a few time going up to work I see kids flying down the roads. It scares me that I may hit them.

Last edited by ImFlying; 11-23-2013 at 10:22 PM.
ImFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:17 AM   #38
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Old thread revival. Didn't want to start a new longboard thread. I just picked up a battle axe 35 for carving and I'm loving it so far. Anyone longboarding this summer?

Been practicing after work. Can almost do a toe side pendy on my sliding gloves now. Heel side is a bit more difficult, I can't get over putting my glove down behind me. I'm scurred. Mastered a beginner trick ghost ride kickflip.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:19 PM   #39
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Hells yeah dude.

I was just in Portland last month the mt tabor oldschool race and in Goldendale last week for the Maryhill Freeride. Im headed to Summerland tomorrow to skate Giants Head then leaving on Sunday for a skate trip to Seattle, Bostons, New York, Vermont, Montreal and Toronto.

KDMofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 05:11 PM   #40
THEY HATE US CUZ THEY AIN'T US

That's pretty sick and hella intense.

I hardly skate now
Only time I skate is when I go get food around my area haha
exhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:17 AM   #41
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
I'm still too afraid to downhill. I have regrets about getting a battleaxe 35. There's just not enough real estate on the board and it's got quite a bit of flex so it's good mostly for carving but is kinda unstable at speeds. Rocking my Landyachtz cosmic gloves.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote