REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:03 AM   #1
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Teacher/Bully: How My Son Was Humiliated and Tormented by his Teacher and Aide

Quote:
News Coverage
NJ Father Records Teachers Bullying His Autistic Child

News Videos and Video Clips | NBC 10 Philadelphia

My name is Stuart Chaifetz, and my son, Akian, is a ten-year old boy who has Autism. Akian has always been a sweet and non-violent child, and that is why it was so distressing when notes started coming home from his school, Horace Mann Elementary in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, saying that he was having violent outbursts, including him hitting his teacher and aide.

I could not understand why this was happening. I had never witnessed Akian hit anyone, nor could I dream of him lashing out as had been described to me. In October, I had a meeting with the IEP team (the teacher, school social worker, occupational therapist and speech teacher) to try to figure out what was going on. From that meeting, a behaviorist was called in who wrote a report. I sat down with the behaviorist on February 8, 2012 to review the findings.

It was pointless; even though the behaviorist was in the classroom a number of times, not only had he never witnessed any violent event, but when he tried to create a scenario that would cause one to happen, he failed.

Something was terribly wrong. I felt I was beginning to lose my son -- that these outbursts were changing his very nature. The teacher and school social worker tried to downplay it, to the point of almost mocking me for my concern. But I knew my son. I knew this wasn't him. And I knew I had to find out what was happening in his class that was having such a dramatic impact on him.

On the morning of Friday, February 17, 2012, I wired my son and sent him to school. That night, when I listened to the audio my life forever changed, for I heard my son being bullied by his teacher and aide.
That is just disgusting.
Advertisement
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:27 AM   #2
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

That man is a hero. I hope those scum get what they deserve.
Kilinim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:29 AM   #3
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

that was hard to listen to ~ especially how upset the father was

*edit* nvm i got it ... going to school for Akian was like prison
KuSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:56 AM   #4
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
i had a bully teacher in elementary school was the PE teacher

everyone loved him! he retired a few years ago and it was a big deal even

but he hated me, targeted me, hell he almost went to fists with my mom and subsequently my dad -_- went to the principal and they put him in his place

was sooo fer me as a kid cuz i loved PE class luckily there were other teachers that handled PE so I didn't have to deal with him all the time

cant imagine why a teacher would pick on a kid let alone one with autism

the dad should tear them apart
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:27 AM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Not offending the autism class or students but I think the teacher needs to join the class. She obviously also has mental problems.

Happy dance? Never heard of it my whole life.
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
I'd sue.

It's tough enough having a child with autism, let alone have his MAIN influence outside of his parents mock him.. I'd sue, and make sure each teacher was never able to work in teaching again.

If they decided to fight it? I'd release the tape to the media.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #7
My homepage has been set to RS

crazy...enough douchebags in the world, we cant have people whos job it is to teach other people among them. he should be permanently banned from teaching anywhere see how he likes it
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-24-2012, 08:06 AM   #8
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,453 Times in 987 Posts
once he started getting angry at the camera i just turned it off lol
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #9

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
imo they need to have some sort of rotation of teachers to autism/special needs kids,

they like the place the same teacher/staff member with the same kids for their term, because of familiarity sake,

but I can only imagine teaching autistic kids for 10 years, what kind of a toll that takes on a person, I can see why she snapped, she probably just couldnt handle it anymore, and went to work everyday on tilt, and took it out on the kids,

which is a disaster, the district needs to change some policies so this shit doesnt happen, but then again you cant force other teachers to teach autistic kids if they dont want to.

or she was just straight up retarded
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #10
Director of RS Cares

Although I agree that it could have taken a toll on the teacher (like some of you said)....it's not an excuse to lash out on the students.

The bf's dad is a teacher specializing in teaching children that have behaviour problems as well as other special needs kids. He has been doing this for 10+ years and he has never taken the stress that builds on his shoulder on his students. There's a difference between understanding the situation VS taking advantage of it.

The teacher in question took advantage of this poor kid's situation by putting all of his stress and anger onto someone he KNEW would not do anything back.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #11
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Damn back in my communist country in the 80's, in elementary school we literally used to get whipped on our butts by a big ass ruler in front of the whole class...

but this is fckin worse, wrong on so many levels....

these teachers sound like typical "New Joesy Cabbage" (new jersey garbage if you watch south park or even caught a glimpse of jersey shore)
Old 04-24-2012, 01:15 PM   #12
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,273 Times in 1,631 Posts
watched the whole video and it's absolutely disgusting. i hope there's an update on the fate of this teacher and the aides.

the situation kind of reminds me of a quote i read after the riot last year "a person's true character is shown when they think no one is watching".
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #13
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
Why the fuck did bballdork fail drunkrussian?

So bballdork, you think it's OK for teachers to act like douchebags?
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-24-2012, 01:26 PM   #14
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
This is horrible news. There's so much evil happening in this world already that we shouldn't see an innocent boy get bullied by a messed up teacher and teaching aide.

I hope the parents sue the school board, the teacher, and teaching aide. Sue their asses!!! That teacher should be fired ASAP.

As for the autistic boy, I hope the parents find a medical professional, perhaps a psychologist, to help their son. Who knows how much damage that terrible teacher and the minion did to the boy.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #15
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Why the fuck did bballdork fail drunkrussian?

So bballdork, you think it's OK for teachers to act like douchebags?

cause it doesn't seem like Russian even watched the video, in his post he said "he should banned from teaching" not watching the video he probably thinks the guy in the screencap is the teacher so he talkin bout him...

the teacher involved in the incident was a she, not a he
Old 04-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #16
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
The only good I see from all this was that she was talking about getting herself/boyfriend sterilized, the world does not need any more people like her nor anyone who can tolerate this BS.
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #17
RS controls my life!

Another source of evidence showing that teachers just don't give a fuck. If you're going to become a teacher, you should at least know how to deal with children. This relates back to the teachers strike not too long ago. I'm rather infuriated that they're cutting extra curricular activities. I guess they don't care about the kids enough to dedicate 2-3 hours a week to helping students.
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #18
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
What a messed up situation this is. This woman needs to have her tenure removed, and then sent to find a new career. Maybe working for a jail?

But it goes to show that special needs kids need that extra assistance from people trained to work specifically with them. Special needs children can be a lot more work, and in today's classroom they can be a burden because of the budget shortfalls that leave classrooms full of kids, without enough teachers and aides.

This is why school taxes need to be higher. you can't bitch about mistreatment of students, then go off on a rant about how high our taxes are. The funding for a public school system comes from us. Both parents, and non parents who need to realize that our future lies in these classrooms.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #19
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everymans View Post
Another source of evidence showing that teachers just don't give a fuck. If you're going to become a teacher, you should at least know how to deal with children. This relates back to the teachers strike not too long ago. I'm rather infuriated that they're cutting extra curricular activities. I guess they don't care about the kids enough to dedicate 2-3 hours a week to helping students.
Teachers aren't paid for the time they commit after school running clubs, teams, giving students extra help. I have had a bitter, miserable old bastard as a teacher and he was never willing to stay after class because he was not paid for it. I however, also had dozens of teachers who loved teaching and were more than willing to dedicate hours and hours of their personal time to working with kids. I had a couple teachers who made massive impressions on me and I'm in still contact with till this day (I'm 24). You're infuriated because they aren't volunteering their time anymore, because they want to renegotiate their contract, that's gratitude right there.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #20

Quote:
I agree that if you're going to become a teacher, you should be prepared to deal with children like this.

I don't agree with your infuriation over cutting the extracurricular activities. You're angry that they aren't working for free??? I don't have to work for free, why should they?
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #21

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
Quote:
I dont want this to turn into another union/teacher vs government debate,

but,

your an idiot
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #22
SFICC-03*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Teachers aren't paid for the time they commit after school running clubs, teams, giving students extra help. I have had a bitter, miserable old bastard as a teacher and he was never willing to stay after class because he was not paid for it. I however, also had dozens of teachers who loved teaching and were more than willing to dedicate hours and hours of their personal time to working with kids. I had a couple teachers who made massive impressions on me and I'm in still contact with till this day (I'm 24). You're infuriated because they aren't volunteering their time anymore, because they want to renegotiate their contract, that's gratitude right there.
if you're a teacher and not willing to help kids who ask for it, you're in the wrong profession. i was blessed with amazing teachers in my school. didnt have one bad teacher that wasnt willing to go the extra mile.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
if you're a teacher and not willing to help kids who ask for it, you're in the wrong profession. i was blessed with amazing teachers in my school. didnt have one bad teacher that wasnt willing to go the extra mile.
I'm sure there are still LOTS of teachers who want to go the extra mile, but when they're being treated like shit by their employer I can understand why they'd lose a lot of that incentive.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Old 04-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #24
SFICC-03*

blame unions basically.
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
blame unions basically.
What the fuck does that have to do with it?

If your boss said to you "Well, we've decided to scrap the bonus plan, and you're not getting a raise next year" would you really be motivated to put in more effort than absolutely necessary at work?
I'd bet you'd start looking for a new job, and half assing the time you had left at this one.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

This post thanked by: