REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 04-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #26
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post

i admit i jumped to conclusion way too early, i really shouldnt have, they made the "ceremony only" invitation just for me, i apologized, they were totally cool with it *phew

in a nutshell, dated the bride's sister for many years, broke up a few years ago, the bride and family hates my ex's current bf so he's not invited to anything, i guess the ex is throwing a hissy fit, preventing me from going if he doesnt get to go

both of us not going prevents more arguements between the siblings, so im totally cool with that
I'm sorry...you had to ask on revscene why you weren't invited when you had that little tidbit in your pocket the whole time?

I know you didn't know about the bf thing, but your mind didn't jump to "I bet this has something to do with the fact that I nailed the sister?"

Really?

Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #27
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,904 Posts
Honestly, I'm happy when I don't get invited to evening reception and just ceremony. Going to a few receptions can get very costly ($100/pp gifting) as others have posted. When I go to ceremony, I just gift modestly. That and receptions sometimes are so damn long and boring.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #28
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
^very true. i am not a fan of weddings....they are a pain in the ass.

although...i always seem to be either in them or help with set-up, etc. that shit is expensive!

when i get married...im not having a bridal party.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #29
Director of RS Cares

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseBlue View Post
looks like you've been in this situation
Actually no, just common sense/seen it happen to others to figure that one out since it wasn't about the money issue. And what a good guess considering OP confirmed it had something to do with his ex!
miss_crayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:43 AM   #30
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
it happens a lot.

try to respect their limited budget and space and appreciate them sending you a formal invitation to the ceremony.

you may not know the entire situation and though it may suck to not go to the reception, they though of you enough to invite you to witness their commitment.

go for the hour, dont bring a present, give them your heartfelt well-wishes, and go about your day. put yourself in their position and imagine how hard it was to have to pick and choose people in their life.

its not rude, its reality.
It's this. This actually happened to me. I went to the ceremony, then asked if a spot opened at the reception to let me know. Someone didn't show and got invited. I ended up sitting at a table full of strangers because everything is RSVP. Just hope you sit with some hotties and pull off some wedding crashers magic.
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #31
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corollagtSr5 View Post
It's this. This actually happened to me. I went to the ceremony, then asked if a spot opened at the reception to let me know. Someone didn't show and got invited. I ended up sitting at a table full of strangers because everything is RSVP. Just hope you sit with some hotties and pull off some wedding crashers magic.
IN true wedding crashers style, he can hit on the bridesmaids.

He's already got an 'in' with one. Just needs to add to the collection now.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:19 PM   #32
Retired moderator

See people always end up feeling hurt for not feeling invited, I remember not being invited to a friends wedding and was choked since we use to be best of friends for many years and then sort of mellowed out but still chatted from time to time. Asides from budget wise as a few people have said, people just tend to overlook it, but people get hurt and then grudges are made.

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #33
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
people should feel honoured to be invited to a wedding....not expect to be invited.

weddings are expensive! you should never expect someone to spend money on you...its like expecting someone to buy you a birthday gift! for all you know, they are flying dozens of family members in from overseas...or paying for the wedding themselves. If someone who you are "kinda" friends with doesn't invited you...who cares!?

when you plan your own wedding...you can feed and host everyone you have ever worked with, said hi to, lived next to, went to school with, etc. but don't expect everyone else to do the same.

holding a grudge b/c you were not invited to a wedding just shows that you weren't really a friend to begin with.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #34
Retired moderator

Well said Dinosaur, it's really unfortunate a lot of people don't see it the same way and make it to be about themselves. I had a friend give me heck for giving both a small gift and money for a wedding saying I'm giving too much, where to me it's an appreciation to their invite and a well wish for their union. It's silly some people don't understand the stress, money, time that they spent, just got to wait when it's their turn.

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote