REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #26
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,133 Times in 2,228 Posts
Nothing is as bad as Westboro
Advertisement
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #27
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,280 Times in 989 Posts

They're stupid.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #28
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 20,493 Times in 6,506 Posts
Bill Nye is so awesome for promoting science and critical thinking to kids and adults. The difference is kids haven't learned to be ignorant cunts yet, so this is the kind of reaction only adults would have.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #29
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle

I think you guys are ignorant... religion is touchy subject, some dont believe it like me but want it because it teaches people good core values. Here we have Bill Nye who is a really well known and respected guy, all about science... and what he did was spit in the face of religious people by quoting that whole religious shit and pronouncing the fact that god is incorrect!
It may be because Bill isnt that smart to realize what he did, or that he was clearly trolling or had some kind of agenda. End of story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
i dont see why they're mad its still a light to "govern the night"

but odd that Nye would even bring that up.... since he's not speaking to elementary kids... he must have been trying to ruffle some feathers
He could pass for a good troll face.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:38 PM   #30
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,052 Times in 1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
I think you guys are ignorant... religion is touchy subject, some dont believe it like me but want it because it teaches people good core values. Here we have Bill Nye who is a really well known and respected guy, all about science... and what he did was spit in the face of religious people by quoting that whole religious shit and pronouncing the fact that god is incorrect!
It may be because Bill isnt that smart to realize what he did, or that he was clearly trolling or had some kind of agenda. End of story.
You're an idiot, that is in no way an accurate interpretation.

Bill Nye was not bashing religion, he was promoting the necessity of not accepting scripture at face value. The bible was not given to man by god, it was written by men who interpreted both oral and textual religious teachings and documented them in text. Man being fundamentally flawed, his interpretations are as well. That's an indisputable fact. The statement that the moon is a light emitting object is flawed, that is scientific fact. The religious idiot, Jerry Falwell, insists global warming is a myth, based on scripture. Raising the flawed statement that the moon is a light emitting object was simply citing precedence to support the argument that Falwell is an idiot, like most American Christians, who need to open their eyes and use their minds because the world is suffering as a result of a refusal to do so.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #31
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle

That all sounds good if you are on his litigation team to cover up his dumb ass, but you lack common sense to understand that what he said was a blow to religion coming from a well known TV scientist. You think elementary kids are going know he was "promoting the necessity of not accepting scripture at face value", no they are going to think science just pwned god and lose confidence in it.

p.s. if your avatar is a young man with implants, you have truly trolled RevScene.
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #32
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,562 Times in 204 Posts
i'm going to have to come out and say it.
fuck political correctness, fuck handling religions with gloves.
just because a bunch of dumb hicks are offended by things we can prove, because their beloved book said so. we have to pretend that it's ok?
fuck no.
SO what if bill nye came out and stomped on a bible, should we torch him?
no, because no one would care if i stomped on a comic book.
We should teach kids, logic, reasoning, good fundamental knowledge, and facts. Not a super jewish zombie that died and cameback from the dead 2000 years ago for sins he bestowed upon all people.

/rant
IfUCare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #33
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:
That all sounds good if you are on his litigation team to cover up his dumb ass, but you lack common sense to understand that what he said was a blow to religion coming from a well known TV scientist. You think elementary kids are going know he was "promoting the necessity of not accepting scripture at face value", no they are going to think science just pwned god and lose confidence in it.

p.s. if your avatar is a young man with implants, you have truly trolled RevScene.
It's a pretty fucking simple concept that an elementary school aged child should be capable of comprehending and therefore taught alongside religion to give them a more complete and useful understanding of it, rather than endowing them with potentially flawed ideas. My favourite game in kindergarten was telephone, that simple game is based on and teaches the fact that meaning changes after multiple translations, with the founding idea sometimes being completely lost. The numerous different sects of all religions, including the extremists who have done such profound damage to Islam, are an example of the varying interpretations that result from a reading of a single founding text. Read archaic latin and hebrew scripture alongside the modern english translations, they're dramatically different but the modern english translations are taught and followed to the letter.

No, it is not a young man with implants. It's a gorgeous young woman who works out, not exactly a crazy idea.

Last edited by MindBomber; 05-01-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:14 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
It's a pretty fucking simple concept that an elementary school aged child should be capable of comprehending and therefore taught alongside religion to give them a more complete and useful understanding of it, rather than endowing them with potentially flawed ideas.
Not everyone's parents are going re-reinforce religion. Remember kids this age are watching Power Rangers so they lack your level of insight. Bill dissed religion in his speak, kids will think religion is flawed to follow.

Quote:
My favourite game in kindergarten was telephone, that simple game is based on and teaches the fact that meaning changes after multiple translations, with the founding idea sometimes being completely lost. The numerous different sects of all religions, including the extremists who have done such profound damage to Islam, are an example of the varying interpretations that result from a reading of a single founding text. Read archaic latin and hebrew scripture alongside the modern english translations, they're dramatically different but the modern english translations are taught and followed to the letter.
What ever, Bill Nye represents science, an opposition to a holy being... he is not rewriting a truth version... he is dissing religion when he reveals the scripts are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfUCare View Post
i'm going to have to come out and say it.
fuck political correctness, fuck handling religions with gloves.
just because a bunch of dumb hicks are offended by things we can prove, because their beloved book said so. we have to pretend that it's ok?
fuck no.
SO what if bill nye came out and stomped on a bible, should we torch him?
no, because no one would care if i stomped on a comic book.
We should teach kids, logic, reasoning, good fundamental knowledge, and facts. Not a super jewish zombie that died and cameback from the dead 2000 years ago for sins he bestowed upon all people.

/rant
Here is the value of religion put in your face... if a hungry crack head started punching you in the head and emptying your pockets in our society, people would get out their phones and stare, but in the Islamic republic of Iran where religion is in the moral fabric of society, people would come to your rescue. A country that respects good moral values is a better standard/teaching than one where corporations/entities with the most money can dictate what is indoctrinated.

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 05-02-2012 at 12:20 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-02-2012, 12:46 AM   #35
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:
Not everyone's parents are going re-reinforce religion. Remember kids this age are watching Power Rangers so they lack your level of insight. Bill dissed religion in his speak, kids will think religion is flawed to follow.
Nye did not in any way put down religion, he simply stated that direct, unquestioned interpretations of scripture are not always entirely accurate, such as the moon being a light emitting satellite. That is not different than the differences between the varying interpretations of the bible offered by the branches of Christianity.

Quote:
What ever, Bill Nye represents science, an opposition to a holy being... he is not rewriting a truth version... he is dissing religion when he reveals the scripts are wrong.
Then what do you suppose should be done?

Man's understand of the universe was in it's infancy at the time of the original Hebrew and Latin recordings of religious teachings, and remained that way at the time of the translations to English during the renaissance. God did not endow us with his divine knowledge, but did give us the power of reason and through that we advance. With advancement man has gained the understanding that the moon does not have the ability to emit light, so should we ignore that oversight and pretend it's the only one or accept that man and not god created through documentation religious scripture. Man does not possess the divine knowledge and understanding of God, we are flawed and all things we do are, so scripture inevitably is as well.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:47 AM   #36

MindBomber don't bother. You can't have a rational discussion with an irrational person. If there were more of him, he would be booing you right now.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-02-2012, 12:51 AM   #37
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
MindBomber don't bother. You can't have a rational discussion with an irrational person. If there were more of him, he would be booing you right now.
I enjoy poking holes in Arash's logic
Old 05-02-2012, 12:51 AM   #38
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,580 Times in 847 Posts
Quote:
Not everyone's parents are going re-reinforce religion. [b]Remember kids this age are watching Power Rangers[b] so they lack your level of insight. Bill dissed religion in his speak, kids will think religion is flawed to follow.
Power Rangers was my Generation, which is probably 2 or 3 Generations now. Did the rock provide sufficient shelter?
Quote:
Here is the value of religion put in your face... if a hungry crack head started punching you in the head and emptying your pockets in our society, people would get out their phones and stare, but in the Islamic republic of Iran where religion is in the moral fabric of society, people would come to your rescue. A country that respects good moral values is a better standard/teaching than one where corporations/entities with the most money can dictate what is indoctrinated.

Are you still stuck in the 50's?
Have you ever fought crazy? Nothing beats crazy.
Crack heads don't just randomly attack people. And I'm pretty sure suicide bombers are more dangerous than some crack head in the back alley behind Keefer St.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:54 AM   #39
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Teh Doucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:55 AM   #40

Quote:
I enjoy poking holes in Arash's logic
If religious people were logical, there wouldn't be religion
This post thanked by:
Old 05-02-2012, 01:02 AM   #41
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 5,659 Times in 1,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Never argue with an idiot as they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #42
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

The provincial election just finished here in Alberta.

Alberta almost elected a premier who isn't convinced climate change is real. She believes that the science isn’t settled and we need to continue to monitor the debate in the scientific community.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #43
So I had to give him the three piece with the soda

Thanked 5,038 Times in 2,051 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #44
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

If people were as dumb as CharlesInCharge and too scared to speak the truth regardless of who the audience is, then Science would have stopped in its track long time ago. You (i.e. CharlesInCharge) would still be living in stone-age and would not be entitled to the technology (derived from scientific knowledge) you use on a daily basis.

Ever heard of Galileo Galilei?
Here's a link to the wiki if you skipped middle school. Galileo Galilei - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Galileo has been called the "father of modern observational astronomy", the "father of modern physics", the "father of science", and "the Father of Modern Science".

Galileo's championing of heliocentrism was controversial within his lifetime, when most subscribed to either geocentrism or the Tychonic system.

He was tried by the Inquisition, found "vehemently suspect of heresy", forced to recant, and spent the rest of his life under house arrest.

Last edited by GGnoRE; 05-02-2012 at 08:18 AM.
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #45
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
Quote:

if everybody was like you, we'd all be fucked
Nye didn't insult anybody; he's just stating the damn truth
there's a difference between being an ignorant fuck and being religious

p.s. science did pwn god
pinn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:44 AM   #46
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,132 Times in 308 Posts

"Debating creationists on the topic of evolution
Spoiler!
is rather like trying to play chess with a pigeon — it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory." -- (amazon.com book review comment by Scott Weitzenhoffer)
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #47
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,280 Times in 989 Posts
BOOOOOOOO, YOU SUCK MINDBOMBER, STOP BELIEVING IN WHAT I DON'T BELIEVE~!

That aside, you'd think that people would be open-minded to scientific interpretation, so some form of polite debate can occur. But nope, I guess you can't fix stupid.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #48
So I had to give him the three piece with the soda

Thanked 5,038 Times in 2,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinn3r View Post
p.s. science did pwn god
but what if God created science...

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #49
Need to Seek Professional Help

Last edited by m!chael; 11-05-2018 at 09:41 PM.
m!chael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #50
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
religion put in your face... if a hungry crack head started punching you in the head and emptying your pockets in our society, people would get out their phones and stare, but in the Islamic republic of Iran where religion is in the moral fabric of society, people would come to your rescue. A country that respects good moral values is a better standard/teaching than one where corporations/entities with the most money can dictate what is indoctrinated.

If you have to get your moral values from a book and not from wanting just being a good person, you have to give your head a shake.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

www.l2sc.net
FiveDime is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: