REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #1
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
White pride world wide !!

White pride world wide !!

Hello to all brothers and sisters of the white race our city and country is going through some major changes are you sick of people trying to cram multiculturalism in your face and you sit and watch the hoards take over our country stand up against diversity contact c18vancouverAthotmail.com white pride world wide. ! Join us lets smash multiculturalism
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2998089840

Advertisement
Old 05-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
I love that if I wore clothing that said white pride I would be trashed for being a racist, but if anyone else does, it's just pride in their culture.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I have to say I'm pro multiculturalism no questions asked but I do agree being white and growing up in Surrey other cultures do gram their beliefs down your throat. They don't respect the North American culture(race doesnt matter in this case) For Christmas for example with people getting offended when you say Merry Christmas to them.

Another one thats frustrates me is hands wrapped around the earth and the saying at the top Sikh's taking over the world. I personally don't believe in religion but I still respect it and seeing saying's like that on vehicles(I do all the time in Surrey) I feel it's selfish in a way because we should work together as a society and not think you are taking over....

end rant/
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Black pride!
Old 05-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
white people have culture??? wtf??

asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #6
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
white is right.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
b0unce. [?] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #7
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahai69 View Post
white people have culture??? wtf??

Me being eastern European yes we do
Old 05-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #8
RS controls my life!

Clicked on link and it says

This posting has been flagged for removal.
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #9
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Anders Breivik's Canadian cousin?
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #10
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

White is not a culture. It is a throwback to race and racism.

English, Scottish, French, German are cultures and there are many positive ways to express and celebrate that culture in our nation today.

Whiteness however has a historical context of oppression, segregation, discrimination and all that junk.

All those complaining about not being able to express whiteness should maybe use the opportunity to consider why their great grand-daddies in the past used to call us chinks, niggers and chugs. And then not pay us fair wages, and not let us vote. And then how they took our shit and kicked us in the dick.

And then when you think about how it must have been back then, think about where we are now, and how freely u can still be Swedish, or German or Aussie and still be able to positively celebrate that.

7seven: I really can't stand all these idiots who hit the gym now just because they watched 300 and want to be like a spartan. Case in point, this skinny guy comes into the gym the other day, must have only weighed ~ 140lbs, loads on 2 plates on the bench rack, mutters to himself, for sparta, unracks the barbell and proceeds to drop it directly on his chest.
Valour is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #11
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Somebody ask him if you can bring a gat. I can't cuz the posting is down now....
BossFrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #12
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valour View Post
White is not a culture. It is a throwback to race and racism.

English, Scottish, French, German are cultures and there are many positive ways to express and celebrate that culture in our nation today.

Whiteness however has a historical context of oppression, segregation, discrimination and all that junk.

All those complaining about not being able to express whiteness should maybe use the opportunity to consider why their great grand-daddies in the past used to call us chinks, niggers and chugs. And then not pay us fair wages, and not let us vote. And then how they took our shit and kicked us in the dick.

And then when you think about how it must have been back then, think about where we are now, and how freely u can still be Swedish, or German or Aussie and still be able to positively celebrate that.
I agree with everything you say except about the comments about what happened in the past. Just because people were racist fucks back in the day still doesn't make it right. Man was rude towards women as well and it's something we have to learn from rather then still being bitter and mad what happened to our grandparents or what they said.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #13
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
if you say you´re white, where do you come from then? lol im quarter white (german) and if i wanted to be proud, why not just say GERMAN PRIDE, instead of WHITE PRIDE? i know it doesnt sound the same, but it wont be taken the wrong way ?

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #14
My homepage has been set to RS

if ur proud to be your culture undont need to say "____ pride". pride in your culture means practicing its beliefs with passion and love for the culture, and willing to share it with others without enforcing your culture on others, and without being hateful against other cultures. if u need to say "_____ pride" to be proud, you're not proud at all, just insecure. if others taking in your culture or fusing it with their beliefs makes you upset, youre not proud, just an asshole.
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #15
RS controls my life!

If we were all color-blind, threads like this wouldn't exist...
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #16
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
The world is messed up in some many ways already. We do not need more hatred, but more love. Be a lover not a hater. Treat every person the way you wanted to be treated. Being proud of one's culture does not mean a person has to hate other cultures or believe one ethnic group is better than other.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #17
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I have to say I'm pro multiculturalism no questions asked but I do agree being white and growing up in Surrey other cultures do gram their beliefs down your throat. They don't respect the North American culture(race doesnt matter in this case) For Christmas for example with people getting offended when you say Merry Christmas to them.

Another one thats frustrates me is hands wrapped around the earth and the saying at the top Sikh's taking over the world. I personally don't believe in religion but I still respect it and seeing saying's like that on vehicles(I do all the time in Surrey) I feel it's selfish in a way because we should work together as a society and not think you are taking over....

end rant/
How do Sikh's not respect North American and other cultures? It's fundamental in Sikhism to respect others and their beliefs. God is one but respect and tolerate those who believe otherwise.

Be honest, how many cars have you seen with a "hands wrapped around the earth and the saying at the top "Sikh's taking over the world?"

I haven't seen one yet. In fact, I had to read your post twice just to figure out that you were talking about an actual decal you saw and not just a generalization of religious decals on people's cars.

There are people who take things to the extreme in every religion. I have no doubt that you may have seen that decal on a vehicle in Surrey; after all, why would you lie about it...but at the same time we've seen vehicles driving around calling people who do not accept Jesus sinners and saying that they're going to hell. I see something like that and I laugh at people's ignorance and move on. You should do the same when and if you see a decal saying "Sikh's taking over the world." Again, I highly doubt that you will see more than 1-2 vehicles in your life time with that decal on it. Let me know if I'm wrong.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #18
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
How do Sikh's not respect North American and other cultures? It's fundamental in Sikhism to respect others and their beliefs. God is one but respect and tolerate those who believe otherwise.

Be honest, how many cars have you seen with a "hands wrapped around the earth and the saying at the top "Sikh's taking over the world?"

I haven't seen one yet. In fact, I had to read your post twice just to figure out that you were talking about an actual decal you saw and not just a generalization of religious decals on people's cars.

There are people who take things to the extreme in every religion. I have no doubt that you may have seen that decal on a vehicle in Surrey; after all, why would you lie about it...but at the same time we've seen vehicles driving around calling people who do not accept Jesus sinners and saying that they're going to hell. I see something like that and I laugh at people's ignorance and move on. You should do the same when and if you see a decal saying "Sikh's taking over the world." Again, I highly doubt that you will see more than 1-2 vehicles in your life time with that decal on it. Let me know if I'm wrong.
It's funny how in all religions/cultures/groups one "bad apple" tends to represent the whole and creates a misconception leading to a bullshit debate that should not have existed in the first place. Some things you just shrug off and keep living. I keep hearing too much hate towards the Sikhs in surrey and the rest of Canada resulting from actions/words from people that don't represent the religion or the punjabi culture.
van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #19
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
The white way is the right way?
If it ain't white it ain't right?

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #20
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkrussian View Post
if ur proud to be your culture undont need to say "____ pride". pride in your culture means practicing its beliefs with passion and love for the culture, and willing to share it with others without enforcing your culture on others, and without being hateful against other cultures. if u need to say "_____ pride" to be proud, you're not proud at all, just insecure. if others taking in your culture or fusing it with their beliefs makes you upset, youre not proud, just an asshole.
On the "pride" thing.

back to the original post, it wasn't "your" country to start with, you stole it from the indians! LOL
Phozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #21
My homepage has been set to RS

The RS thread "Some white chicks (NSFW)" has over 1,060,847 hits.. that should give us all a bit of white pride
4doorVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #22
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I'm chinese and grew up in Richmond in the 80s. I embrace multi culturalism, and hate how few people hang out with other ethnicities -- I honestly think this results from the open door policy.
I lived in the UK for 5 years, and this was the focus of HUGE debate in politics and the media -- many felt that multi-culturalism had failed miserably due to ethnic ghettos forming where people of one race didn't bother learning english and mixing with other ethnicities.
And I see the same happening in Vancouver -- the brown people hang out with themselves, the chinese hang out with themselves, and rarely do you see a group hang out that is of different ethnicities, and when you DO see it, you think "WOW they must be really cool people" when in fact it should be the NORM.

The one greatest Canadian memory I have to this day is of a huge NYE fight outside the Pan Pacific hotel about 10 years ago. A group of 20 people in a brawl, with brown/chinese/whites mixed up. A friend and I walked closer to see what sides were fighting, and we realized it was a group of white/yellow/brown fighting another group of white/yellow/brown.
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #23
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
I love that if I wore clothing that said white pride I would be trashed for being a racist, but if anyone else does, it's just pride in their culture.
It's like affliction t-shirts. A few douchebags ruined it for you so you can't wear that tshirt
GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #24
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
I never wore them to begin with.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #25
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
white power
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote