REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #26
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I agree with everything you say except about the comments about what happened in the past. Just because people were racist fucks back in the day still doesn't make it right. Man was rude towards women as well and it's something we have to learn from rather then still being bitter and mad what happened to our grandparents or what they said.

You can't equate rudeness or misogyny with slavery, ethnic cleansing and other shit racist people did.

"I'm not saying if you're white you can't complain, but if you're black you can complain more. You can't take people's historical context away from them." Louis Ck
Advertisement
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #27
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #28
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,764 Posts
I'm white, my ancestors were too busy getting enslaved themselves than to go on conquests to take over new world lands and enslave their populations.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #29
The sound of inevitability

I'm white too. South Slavic to be exact.
My peoples never conquered Africa or Asia or the Americas.. and I completely hate Western Whites.

A bunch of uppity pretentious classy people who think they're all worth a million bucks. And they all act british.
*shudder*

I kid, my fellow WASPS, I kid.

But yeah, that's what you guys get when you shit on 75% of the world for a couple of centuries.
Now get over it.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #30
Banned By Establishment

im asian and i'm racist towards every race but white people

shits fucked!
nickmak is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #31
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
You can't equate rudeness or misogyny with slavery, ethnic cleansing and other shit racist people did.

"I'm not saying if you're white you can't complain, but if you're black you can complain more. You can't take people's historical context away from them." Louis Ck
Tell that to my Oma which had the Nazi's take her twin sister to Siberia to the death or to my 88yr old uncle(his age now) that boxed to feed my Oma and Opa and 8 brothers and sisters for a loaf of bread to help them survive in eastern Europe during WW2.

Don't matter what race we are most family's have stories they won't tell because it's too hard on them especially their age. My dad is the only one in his family that was born in Canada and it really frustrates me when it sounds like people think their family was more hard done by because they are not white. Yes I agree black people do have a right to complain like anyone but racism has affected everyone but you just don't hear it with the older generation cause it's so beyond horrible only people that went through it would understand.

All that matter's is we have learned from the past so this shit won't happen again!!! If it did I would fight to die in a second to stop it from happening....
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #32
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
How do Sikh's not respect North American and other cultures? It's fundamental in Sikhism to respect others and their beliefs. God is one but respect and tolerate those who believe otherwise.

Be honest, how many cars have you seen with a "hands wrapped around the earth and the saying at the top "Sikh's taking over the world?"

I haven't seen one yet. In fact, I had to read your post twice just to figure out that you were talking about an actual decal you saw and not just a generalization of religious decals on people's cars.

There are people who take things to the extreme in every religion. I have no doubt that you may have seen that decal on a vehicle in Surrey; after all, why would you lie about it...but at the same time we've seen vehicles driving around calling people who do not accept Jesus sinners and saying that they're going to hell. I see something like that and I laugh at people's ignorance and move on. You should do the same when and if you see a decal saying "Sikh's taking over the world." Again, I highly doubt that you will see more than 1-2 vehicles in your life time with that decal on it. Let me know if I'm wrong.
Trust me I was shocked as well when I saw that decal on more then one vehicle because I know that Sikhism is about respecting other cultures as well which made me more surprised. Next time I see it I will take a picture I'm not sure how much you venture into Surrey but I've seen it a number of times in the Newton/Delta area.
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #33
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

White pride!
El Dumbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #34
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

$Yuppy$
Old 05-06-2012, 12:30 AM   #35
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:40 AM   #36
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Cliffs:

-OP takes thread about a post on CL made by single person who either A) Is white and truly hates other races, or B) internet troll being internet troll
(Main point being here that it's a single person's opinion)

-Everyone else chimes in and talks about stereotypes they've seen propagated by minorities within minorities

-Arguments about the aforementioned stereotypes

-REVSCENE FTW

Sidenote: Anyone seen hipster hitler who hangs around the drive? He dresses like an emo/hipster mish mash and keeps the hitler moustache and combover hair style with a swastika on the arm of his jacket. Not relevant, but I could make the generalization and say everyone that hangs out on the drive is a neo nazi with a hip sense of style
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2012, 12:55 AM   #37
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmak View Post
im asian and i'm racist towards every race but white people

shits fucked!
i thought you were black

T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:13 AM   #38
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts

I don't care about this thread, I only care about rsx's avatar.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:33 AM   #39
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
I love that if I wore clothing that said white pride I would be trashed for being a racist, but if anyone else does, it's just pride in their culture.
Then use Euro pride, Canadian pride, or better yet, use something humorous.

How hard is that?

Racist: Not Racist:

If you can't handle some small double standard like this, how the hell are you gonna handle life in a globalized world? IMO, this is more about you finding a reason to play victim. I can understand if you were Arab, Native, or Black, you'd wanna gripe. But c'mon, you need to man up and cope with small stuff like this better.
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:19 AM   #40
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Lol, you react like what I mentioned is causing me to hide in my room and cry myself to sleep. Cool story, bro.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2012, 03:30 AM   #41
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

couldn't find better quality
Ron_Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2012, 04:20 AM   #42
spammin my services for a case of stella...

Forget this whole race card BS, white pride(wth!). White yellow brown black whatever! Don't let anyone take over our beautiful Country. Immigrants must adjust to Canadian standards, NOT the other way around...
Its sad to see that people in Canada don't care to be patriotic like Americans.

quality > quantity
midnight_r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2012, 06:46 AM   #43
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_r View Post
Don't let anyone take over our beautiful Country. Immigrants must adjust to Canadian standards, NOT the other way around...

not sure if srs,i seen these old Chinese people asking for direction's & she ran for the first person who looked remotely Asian and only spoke Cantonese,the story is....thousand's of people in Vancouver don't speak English but their mostly Older generation that lived here for year's.
some of them are hated also,a Asian guy was speaking English to this c-lai in richmond & she had this look on her face like " U Asian and don't speak your mother tongue??!!?" & was entirely rude about it.

the only Canadian standard i see being fucked around was this incident

Last edited by Mr.Money; 05-06-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Mr.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #44
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I remember taking a survey from RS about your political stance and one of the statements was, "It is foolish to have national pride because you have no control where you are born." Do you guys agree/disagree?
Ilagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #45
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #46
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,719 Times in 392 Posts

Fuck Black pride, asian pride, white pride, spanish pride, gay pride. How about some fucking human pride.

I am starting a rally,

Date: June 1st
Description: Show respect and just stop being a dick to everyone else for 1 day.
1982 TE72
1988 5.0
1990 S13 Coupe
2006 Mazda B4000 4x4
1987 Ae86 Coupe
1988 Cressida Wagon
1985 Cressida 7m Swap
1987 Ae86 Hatch
1989 FC
cressydrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #47
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_r View Post
Forget this whole race card BS, white pride(wth!). White yellow brown black whatever! Don't let anyone take over our beautiful Country. Immigrants must adjust to Canadian standards, NOT the other way around...
Its sad to see that people in Canada don't care to be patriotic like Americans.
Couldn't agree more, but Canada doesn't try to match that standard of becoming Canadian once you come here.

Of interesting point, in europe, the heads of Britain, germany, and France have said in public, purposely, that multiculturalism is not and does not work in Europe - my assessment is because of the above - people don't assimilate upon immigration... Really sad - if u want to move to a country, you want to move there to be that nationality, not live in an annex of your current home
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #48
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cressydrift View Post
I am starting a rally,

Date: June 1st
Description: Show respect and just stop being a dick to everyone else for 1 day.
Yeah! Let's go parade downtown and block traffic so everyone knows we are showing respect to everyone else!

"You can't drive this way, we are respecting you too much for that."

Actually, I was surprised to hear a semi-legit argument against multi-culturism a few days back. I was expecting a semi-racist remark, but instead that argument is that by grouping different cultures the immigrants trying to get away from their own culture just end up right back in it. That may or may not make complete sense, but it does make you think. There are definitely neighborhoods where you expect to see groupings of certain backgrounds; it may be part to do with real estate and rental costs, but I guess it's natural to feel a little more comfortable when you see people that look like you around (when you are a complete stranger to the area). I think the argument then turned to culture's that somewhat harbour spousal abuse... but I think we missed the key point between ditching a person vs ditching a culture.
DasHooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #49
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

blagh is offline   Reply With Quote