REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #76
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,033
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
The place across the street from John Oliver on 41st and Fraser is really starting to piss me off, been going there for around 2 years I think now before these new owners. With the old owners my Coconut Ice Cream no pearls was always on teh money !

New owners are hit and miss, sometimes it's good but sometimes it's as if they added way too much ice.... but my biggest problem with them is the blenders they use are super slow and weak, I watched them make my large ice cream Coconut and no joke, it took over 5 minutes of them crushing the ice, they had to stop numerous times to reshuffle the ice cubes, I was standing right there watching the whole time in disbelief, I thought it was fuckin joke, I don't know if you guys really noticed that when you go there, but that's the sole reason for their long wait times, is slow cheap blenders, it's that simple. They renovated the place with new flooring tables and chairs, but the only purpose that serves is people have a nice chair to sit on while they wait long for their fuckin drinks....useless since I've only a handful of times seen people actually chilling there at the tables having their drinks in my two years of going there.... the other day I waited over 30 fckin minutes for one single drink, and there was only about a dozen people there waiting

end rant.
Advertisement
__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #77
I am Hook'd on RS
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 60
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
The place across the street from John Oliver on 41st and Fraser is really starting to piss me off, been going there for around 2 years I think now before these new owners. With the old owners my Coconut Ice Cream no pearls was always on teh money !

New owners are hit and miss, sometimes it's good but sometimes it's as if they added way too much ice.... but my biggest problem with them is the blenders they use are super slow and weak, I watched them make my large ice cream Coconut and no joke, it took over 5 minutes of them crushing the ice, they had to stop numerous times to reshuffle the ice cubes, I was standing right there watching the whole time in disbelief, I thought it was fuckin joke, I don't know if you guys really noticed that when you go there, but that's the sole reason for their long wait times, is slow cheap blenders, it's that simple. They renovated the place with new flooring tables and chairs, but the only purpose that serves is people have a nice chair to sit on while they wait long for their fuckin drinks....useless since I've only a handful of times seen people actually chilling there at the tables having their drinks in my two years of going there.... the other day I waited over 30 fckin minutes for one single drink, and there was only about a dozen people there waiting

end rant.
Not sure if they do it there but for Dragon Ball, you can call ahead to order so you don't have to wait long.
BMW-R21 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #78
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
TypeRNammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,308
Thanked 2,632 Times in 754 Posts
Hey Gspec, you should recommend those people the blendtec blender
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
Or you meet some girl at the club, cum inside of her, find out shes only in grade 12, so you buy a Prada bag for her to make things right, she finds out the bag is a fake and decides to have the kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #79
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
Nvasion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: vancouver
Posts: 5,427
Thanked 351 Times in 162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee123 View Post
so how much is it for those giant drinks at The One?
its the place on kingsway that doesnt look too appealing right?
I passed by there once and this was my face:
the one slush is i think 6.50... its not great( alot of ice)
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:57 PM   #80
10psi aint enough...
 
HondaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,065
Thanked 433 Times in 208 Posts
Big head bbt on fraser... Green apple slush or pina colada slush are tasty. Actually tasted like it says...and pearls were chewy soft.

If anyone visits crystal mall, try the fresh mango tapioca...so good!! Its the shop across the escalator.
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:16 PM   #81
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,073
Thanked 357 Times in 161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee123 View Post
so how much is it for those giant drinks at The One?
its the place on kingsway that doesnt look too appealing right?
I passed by there once and this was my face:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvasion View Post
the one slush is i think 6.50... its not great( alot of ice)
it was definitely really pricey for what it is. but i think 6.50 sounded about right. my buddy had both cups literally just shaved ice because all the liquid got sucked up already
impulseX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:19 AM   #82
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Cillu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 663
Thanked 268 Times in 95 Posts
The gf and I usually go to L&G Bubble Tea that's a couple stores down Green Leaf on Fraser and 41st. Nice little quiet family-run store with lots of interesting flavours to choose from.
__________________
db1 - daily [sold]
ca5 - 2013 winter beater/dead
db2 #51 - garage queen/summer daily
golf mk3 - 2016 winter beater [sold]
ae92 - 2017 spring beater
Cillu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #83
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: rawr
Posts: 852
Thanked 1,207 Times in 225 Posts
LG Bubble Tea
rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #84
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
RS_Pat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Delta
Posts: 1,065
Thanked 42 Times in 18 Posts
Fairbee at Landsdowne Mall for me.
RS_Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:46 PM   #85
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
keifun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: VANcity East
Posts: 3,109
Thanked 240 Times in 119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cillu View Post
The gf and I usually go to L&G Bubble Tea that's a couple stores down Green Leaf on Fraser and 41st. Nice little quiet family-run store with lots of interesting flavours to choose from.
I always hit up that place when im in the neighborhood.

The old man that runs it always cracks jokes with me and I got the VIP card so its only $3.00 for my watermelon slush w/ jelly.

good stuff.
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:55 PM   #86
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,033
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
fck.... still though, their ice cream coconut is so good i just might blow a few hundred buy them some quality blenders, lol!

anyone know how they make it exactly ?

it can't be just ice and 3 scoops of ice cream can it ?
i think i seen them adding a clear syrup to the mix, i personally don't like any artifical sweeteners....
but if i could learn how to make it, would rock that drank at home all the time
__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #87
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Vancouver, BC,
Posts: 4,231
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
I really like L and C on.... sorta 41st and Fraser ?? (midway down the block on Fraser).

It used to be L and G on 41st and granville but moved a few years back...
__________________
i need powah !
hamsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #88
Ri2
Willing to stick a finger in a guys butt for the sake of science
 
Ri2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Hood
Posts: 357
Thanked 253 Times in 103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
fck.... still though, their ice cream coconut is so good i just might blow a few hundred buy them some quality blenders, lol!

anyone know how they make it exactly ?

it can't be just ice and 3 scoops of ice cream can it ?
i think i seen them adding a clear syrup to the mix, i personally don't like any artifical sweeteners....
but if i could learn how to make it, would rock that drank at home all the time
i used to make bubble tea at my work.. the clear syrup that we used is just a simple mix of white sugar and water, it really depends on how sweet you like it.
we had a little scoop thing, i think it was like a tablespoon (give or take a half tbl.)
3 scoops powder, 2 scoops coffeemate, ice, hot water and a ladle of the simple syrup mix, IIRC.
from what i recall from watching the owners at green leaf do it, for the ice cream ones... they just put in ice cream and ice lol!
Ri2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #89
Everyone wants a piece of R S...
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 363
Thanked 71 Times in 41 Posts
What do you guys think about Pearl Castle or Gogo Tea in Richmond? BBT & Food-wise.
dasani604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:58 AM   #90
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
TypeRNammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,308
Thanked 2,632 Times in 754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasani604 View Post
What do you guys think about Pearl Castle or Gogo Tea in Richmond? BBT & Food-wise.
Lol GoGo Tea....

Used to be some what decent until it changed over to Magnetic Cafe which was garbage...

Now it's something else, called Mochi....saw the sign but never went inside of it...

Pearl Castle on the other hand is WAY over priced for what it is. Rather go to DragonBall.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
Or you meet some girl at the club, cum inside of her, find out shes only in grade 12, so you buy a Prada bag for her to make things right, she finds out the bag is a fake and decides to have the kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #91
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Cillu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 663
Thanked 268 Times in 95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsup View Post
I really like L and C on.... sorta 41st and Fraser ?? (midway down the block on Fraser).

It used to be L and G on 41st and granville but moved a few years back...
It's still called L&G lol.
__________________
db1 - daily [sold]
ca5 - 2013 winter beater/dead
db2 #51 - garage queen/summer daily
golf mk3 - 2016 winter beater [sold]
ae92 - 2017 spring beater
Cillu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #92
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
LanEvoVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: sfu
Posts: 1,243
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cillu View Post
It's still called L&G lol.
its L&C now
__________________
feedback (51-0-0)
LanEvoVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #93
(╯□)╯聽不到 ╮(□╮)
 
Tim Budong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Womb
Posts: 16,816
Thanked 10,866 Times in 2,128 Posts
Pearl Castle makes a great coconut red bean
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #94
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 29
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bubble World. The salty peppery chicken nuggets is so good with the garlic mayo, and it's quite a good price for the serving size they give!
Destephicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:40 PM   #95
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,703
Thanked 1,010 Times in 404 Posts
Anyone know any bbt place other than tea wok that sells taro milk tea with actual taro in it?

Last edited by mr_chin; 11-04-2016 at 06:03 PM.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 10:59 PM   #96
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: YVR
Posts: 215
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
dragon balls on king ed uses real taro for taro milk tea
windchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 03:35 AM   #97
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
guurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,553
Thanked 539 Times in 300 Posts
CoCo for milk tea and sago
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2016, 03:44 AM   #98
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
Galactic_Phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 990
Thanked 1,111 Times in 291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by windchaser View Post
dragon balls on king ed uses real taro for taro milk tea
what's should I order at dragonball? I had plain milk tea a few years back which wasn't anything special from what I remember, but I keep hearing good things about this place so I'm down to try again if I actually knew what to order this time.
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:48 AM   #99
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Akinari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,828
Thanked 4,539 Times in 1,189 Posts
Coco hands down for everything. So conveniently located a 3 min walk from work
__________________
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2016, 11:01 AM   #100
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Verdasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rich City / Van
Posts: 3,703
Thanked 4,931 Times in 967 Posts
coco for milk tea , 0% sugar



lol @ poverty chat time, get this shit out of here


green apple green tea @ bubble world (and wintermelon)
__________________
Quote:
Hey guys,

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net