REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 05-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #26
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
dude...she ain't the problem. you are playing games...."yeah, maybe" "we'll see"...you don't give her a REAL kiss....you kind of hold her hand....a couple hugs. you may be verbalizing that you like the chick....but your actions are quite the opposite.

dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #27
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
dude...she ain't the problem. you are playing games...."yeah, maybe" "we'll see"...you don't give her a REAL kiss....you kind of hold her hand....a couple hugs. you may be verbalizing that you like the chick....but your actions are quite the opposite.
I can see how you'd think that.

The only game I've played is the "I'm free Friday I'll have to get back to you comment."

Last edited by jameswift; 05-25-2012 at 01:48 PM.
jameswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #28
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I like this. sounds like you're gaining some control of the situation and have HER now intrigued. Good play on holding off and pretending like you're busy on the proposed date. I wish I had game like that props to you
toyobaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #29
Banned (ABWS)

UPDATE:

The reality is she's been beat up pretty bad emotionally in the past and anything that even could be taken as an 'off' situation she runs. She found out a few things about me from a co-worker. Nothing bad but just random things that she didn't know. Now she's making comments like "why didn't you tell me about this and that"

I'm thinking who cares? We're just getting to know one another, what's the big deal?

Weird people are everywhere.

Last edited by jameswift; 05-25-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:22 AM   #30
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
dude your 32.

I shouldn't have to explain why that matters.

edit: Just read the above post. Yeah I've dated a few broken girls. They panic, cry, and have some weird issues they can't get over.

They take it out on the guy.

Then they think they are alone in the universe when the guy wants to give them a chance.

Personally the best advice I can offer you is what someone told me at work

Coworker: See a girl should never be your first priority in life. (this came up because he overheard me and a younger co-worker talk about how his sex life was interfering with his school work)

Me: Why?

Coworker: Because the clock is ticking against women. They will hit 27 and realize that they spent most of their life chasing false dreams, panic and try to marry anything in their path.

Coworker: But a guy on the other hand. They can live a life being broke and then get his shit together in his 40's, and you know what? There will be a wide variety of women to choose from.

Me: Never let a girl get between a man and his work huh?

Coworker: Yup.

Last edited by Meowjin; 05-24-2012 at 01:37 AM.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:22 AM   #31
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
I think if you are putting yourself out there to date, you should have your shit kind of under wraps.

I can see telling someone that a previous relationship was kind of bad, and so you want to take it slow.

But as a person dating someone else, I shouldn't be a therapy session. If you think you can interact with another person, in an 'intimate' capacity with feelings and not risk yourself, or invest in it...its doomed to fail.

I don't know about others, but I have very little patience for that. I find that even if you did decide to continue with this woman, you'll find that anything you do 'wrong' will be an example of everything she was expecting to begin with.

And no offense, but people let themselves get too damaged by this stuff. If he's the type of guy that's beating you to an inch of your life and stuffing you in the trunk of the family buick-then yeah, you have some issues to work through.

The relationship didn't quite work, and you were really in love but he left? Take some time honey, then move the fuck on.

And this grilling you over gaps in your internet available history? BIG RED FLAG.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowjin View Post

Yeah I've dated a few broken girls. They panic, cry, and have some weird issues they can't get over.

They take it out on the guy.

Then they think they are alone in the universe when the guy wants to give them a chance.

Personally the best advice I can offer you is what someone told me at work

Coworker: See a girl should never be your first priority in life. (this came up because he overheard me and a younger co-worker talk about how his sex life was interfering with his school work)

Me: Why?

Coworker: Because the clock is ticking against women. They will hit 27 and realize that they spent most of their life chasing false dreams, panic and try to marry anything in their path.

Coworker: But a guy on the other hand. They can live a life being broke and then get his shit together in his 40's, and you know what? There will be a wide variety of women to choose from.

Me: Never let a girl get between a man and his work huh?

Coworker: Yup.
Great Post.

I quoted this not for me, but for the countless men/guys that don't understand how important this really is.

Last edited by jameswift; 05-25-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #33
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
I think if you are putting yourself out there to date, you should have your shit kind of under wraps.

I can see telling someone that a previous relationship was kind of bad, and so you want to take it slow.

But as a person dating someone else, I shouldn't be a therapy session. If you think you can interact with another person, in an 'intimate' capacity with feelings and not risk yourself, or invest in it...its doomed to fail.

I don't know about others, but I have very little patience for that. I find that even if you did decide to continue with this woman, you'll find that anything you do 'wrong' will be an example of everything she was expecting to begin with.

And no offense, but people let themselves get too damaged by this stuff. If he's the type of guy that's beating you to an inch of your life and stuffing you in the trunk of the family buick-then yeah, you have some issues to work through.

The relationship didn't quite work, and you were really in love but he left? Take some time honey, then move the fuck on.

And this grilling you over gaps in your internet available history? BIG RED FLAG.
I am somewhat guilty of nice guy syndrome to a point. I got blind sided with some serious bullshit. I think many guys would have either said GTFO or begged her to give them another chance. I didn't do either.

Last edited by jameswift; 05-25-2012 at 01:53 PM.