REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   How Important Is Sex In A Relationship? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/667866-how-important-sex-relationship.html)

CL typeS 05-11-2012 05:53 PM

How Important Is Sex In A Relationship?

I guess this question varies from person to person, but a bunch of us were chatting the other night and we have a buddy whos in a long d relationship and he only gets to see her once a year! Yet he still says its ok and he loves her just as much since they started going out. But for some of us, we generally expected it at least once a week if in a committed relationship, sucks to be caught in a dry spell.

I believe sex is really important because it is a bond between two people and you feel a deeper connection with each other. I mean without it, it would almost be the same as being best friends with the opposite sex, it defines the relationship.

So I was wondering what would most of you rate sex in terms of significance in a relationship? And how often would you be satisfied? Please post how long youve been in a relationship too (past or present)

saucywoman 05-11-2012 06:02 PM

Once a week, that's it ! Lol try 2-3 times a week :p

I don't see how anyone can be in a ld relationship. Sex, although not the main issue, is a pretty big factor in a relationship.

!Nhan 05-11-2012 06:05 PM

sex is the physical connection in a relationship. we as humans are physical people. therefore we need to have that physical connection in a relationship. something is up with your friend if he's "okay" with seeing her only once a year

XplicitLuder 05-11-2012 06:10 PM

im showing this thread to my gf lol, i honestly think this is why we fight so much -___- dry spell ftl

jtanner_ 05-11-2012 06:16 PM

I think it's really important... Physical attraction as a whole not just particularly sex. Generally in the earlier, more honeymoon stages i'd say it's significantly more frequent as in a daily thing... And gradually turns into a few times a week as time progresses

I honestly find it surprising when couples have sex once a month or less especially if they see each other all the time.

vafanculo 05-11-2012 06:18 PM

If there's no sex in the relationship, then there's gonna be sex outside of it

dlo 05-11-2012 06:24 PM

what !nhan said, but its not necessary to fuck every other day lol, i can survive with once a week, 2-3 times a month, but if u expecting me not to fuck and be with you.. good luck lol a boy gotta do what a boy gotta do, sometimes leftonya and rightanya doesnt do the job..

Jmac 05-11-2012 06:44 PM

I wouldn't say it defines the relationship, but it's quite important.

Daily, weekly, monthly ... I don't think the frequency is necessarily indicative of how good the relationship is. That said, if one/both feel unfilled sexually, it will lead to other problems.

LiquidTurbo 05-11-2012 08:36 PM

Sex is icing on the cake. It's not the cake. Cake tastes crappy if its made purely with icing.

Kidnapman 05-11-2012 08:45 PM

Does sex with my two best buddies count? Lefty and Righty are always there for me when I need them. :alonehappy:

dinosaur 05-11-2012 08:52 PM

i like sex :D

But on a more srs note...it is very important in a relationship...but more for the human contact and intimacy. but on the same note, cuddling, kissing, touching, hugging, general affection, kind/caring words, etc are just as important. if you go a while without any diddlin' it really shouldn't matter if you are still having that intimate contact. shit gets in the way, people get sick, work is stressful, etc. but as long as there is still affection, life is peachy :)

miss_crayon 05-11-2012 10:27 PM

For me, sex is a very important part of a relationship. We've been together for almost 2 years and we still have intense sexual attraction for one another--which is how it should be imo. Sex is more than just "sex" for me but it's more or less... "making love." Whether it's firey hot or sweet and sensual. It's about committment, love, passion and more for one another.

Of course, I'm not under the impression that we'll still be RAGING MOTHER FUCKERS when we're 40+ with kids..but that's also our responsibility to keep the fire going in our relationship.

ShadowBun 05-11-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Nhan (Post 7916033)
sex is the physical connection in a relationship. we as humans are physical people. therefore we need to have that physical connection in a relationship. something is up with your friend if he's "okay" with seeing her only once a year

+9000

pinn3r 05-11-2012 11:05 PM

i personally think sex is one of the biggest things in a long-term relationship .. relationships w/o sex are like friendships. without that physical attraction there .. it's doomed to the shitter
i believe it's a way to show your significant other that you really love 'em

my girlfriend thinks i'm lustful and a horndog even though i only bring it up like once a week .. + we only have sex like once/twice month, so i actually get really pissed off when she labels me a horndog. guess she hasn't matured yet
we've been together for two years too .. like wtf gotta show her this thread fersure man

PJ 05-11-2012 11:14 PM

No less than once a week, no more than once a day.

Depends how busy we are, but my sex drive goes through the roof if we don't do it at least once a week.

CL typeS 05-11-2012 11:22 PM

^^yea all you guys/girls not getting enough intimacy time with your SO, show them this thread and educate them!

I mean most guys want the intimacy with their girls, but seems like there a general stereotype that guys as horndogs automatically if they push for it. Everyone needs to feel loved and appreciated, without physical intimacy in a relationship it seems to further distance people apart. Because sooner or later someone is going to have the feeling of not being wanted, and the longer it is the worst that feeling gets.

First no sex->frustration and confusion towards no physical intimacy-> leads to being distant-> cold/short tempered towards SO and fights, lots of fights -> doomed

At least thats what I came up with from past experience lol

murd0c 05-11-2012 11:36 PM

I'm down for 2 times a day everyday but I think 2-3x a week would be the norm. It's very important to me cause you need that physical contact and it helps bring you closer together.

dinosaur 05-12-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinn3r (Post 7916261)
i believe it's a way to show your significant other that you really love 'em

no, dude.

i can hear your argument now, "you would do it, if you reeeeallly loved me!!"

no wonder she doesn't jump on your disco stick...every girls loves it when her bf begs her and whines at her for sex.

you COULD make a case for "making love", but jumping on her and pounding her like a rabbit until you bust a nut has nothing to do with you "love" for her....its about your "love" for fucking.

XplicitLuder 05-12-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CL typeS (Post 7916282)

First no sex->frustration and confusion towards no physical intimacy-> leads to being distant-> cold/short tempered towards SO and fights, lots of fights -> doomed

At least thats what I came up with from past experience lol

this fuckin nails it i would give you 100$ if my gf understands it LOL im literally going thru all those points and im currently in "cold/short tempered .. etc etc "

2damaxmr2 05-12-2012 01:38 PM

Every fucking day is the only way to roll.

Kidnapman 05-12-2012 03:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)

hotjoint 05-12-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJ (Post 7916275)
No less than once a week

This.

Atleast once a week. I would say 2-3 times a week is sufficient. Although everyday would be perfect :fullofwin:. If no sex, I would settle for a bj :lol

pinn3r 05-12-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinosaur (Post 7916427)
no, dude.

i can hear your argument now, "you would do it, if you reeeeallly loved me!!"

no wonder she doesn't jump on your disco stick...every girls loves it when her bf begs her and whines at her for sex.

you COULD make a case for "making love", but jumping on her and pounding her like a rabbit until you bust a nut has nothing to do with you "love" for her....its about your "love" for fucking.

that's not what i meant, i worded my stuff wrong. i'm not even the one begging for sex; every time she comes over, she's the one who starts grabbing my ass & stuff like that. the only problem is that she's not allowed to come over often. & w/o a bed, she doesn't even think about sex. it'd be exciting if we could in different places though
i mean, how else are you supposed to express your love for the other person? through hugs & kisses? yeah you could, but in a long-term relationship that shit won't work forever

edit - this is literally my conversation with her:

me: how long has it been? like 3 weeks? lol weeeeoooo
her: is that all you care about o m g why can't we be cute and do corny things, not horny omg horndog blah blah
me: :pokerface:

when she's over:

her: kk let's watch a movie
me: k
her: *touchy touchy*
me: :suspicious:

dinosaur 05-12-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinn3r (Post 7916693)
how else are you supposed to express your love for the other person? through hugs & kisses? yeah you could, but in a long-term relationship that shit won't work forever

oh honey....in a long-term relationship, that is the shit that makes it last forever. you can get sex anywhere at any time from a plethora of places. you can't find someone to give you a sweet kiss, hold you while you cry, a loving hug, or an evening of cuddling.

don't get me wrong...i do think sex is important. i have been is sex-less (or almost sex-less) relationships, and ones full of sex. yes, the ones with sex are miles different...BUT, it wasn't about the sex...it was about the whole package.

XplicitLuder 05-12-2012 07:03 PM

i wish my gf understood that i dont want sex ALL the time, but at least 2-3 times a month would be awesome and thus i wouldnt think so much about sex. its the fact that we dont and it turns to be like once-twice every 2 months LOL and it sucks cus then thats all i end up thinking about and then she says its all i think about, but thats cus we never seem to do it so what else am i supposed to think about -__- haha