REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #126
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Son, your post was the pure definition of ignorance. Casting a pre-disposed opinion on an entire group of people based on your vast, I'm sure experience with natives near and far is the definition of the term.

I read your explanations after, and I don't mean to keep pounding you, but what you really need to do is sit back, open your mind a bit and learn.

I mean no offense by this, but you are 21 my friend-you don't know shit.

I only have a diploma in business mgmt...does that mean I can't take part anymore?
ill end my argument here then. after all, to each their own. in these discussions there cant really be a right or wrong; everything is subjective dependent on that individual's moral beliefs. there are some people such as yourself who hopes the world can be more understanding. you are correct, in context of your moral beliefs and with others who share your beliefs.

however, you must take note that what you label as "ignorant" is also subjective. ive been raised where it is rude to denounce other people's opinions. i may not agree with you, but i would.never call you ignorant or naive
Advertisement
Old 05-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #127
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

Quote:
Just for the record...THIS^^ is the kind of shit that I just write off as a douche.

Why do we think being a douche is bad? Its makes vaginas smell like a field of flowers when they are feeling not so fresh.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #128
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,052 Times in 1,656 Posts
Quote:
I only have a diploma in business mgmt...does that mean I can't take part anymore?

Old 05-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #129
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

wheres Marco911.....lol
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Old 05-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #130
So I had to give him the three piece with the soda

Thanked 5,044 Times in 2,053 Posts
Quote:
hey don't sweat it. After all... Shaq's got a PhD....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post
i may not agree with you, but i would.never call you ignorant or naive
what about moron? you were also called you a moron

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

Old 05-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #131
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,052 Times in 1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly View Post
Theres way to many people getting butt-hurt in this thread.....do you honestly think you're going to change peoples mind by venting your idology over the internet??
You guys need to grow thicker skin.

Maybe its just me...but imho ( I interact with a lot of first nations; I work in the food industry) they're not the brightest people around. Granted that I am sure there is some very well educated ones; just the ones I have met over the 12 yrs of being in the food industry are not something I would say "Smart".
It is unfortunate that the ratio of good/bad is huge.
I would venture to say, you've primarily encountered the lowest tier of First Nations society in your career. People who work in kitchens out of the necessity of an income are not generally the most intelligent people regardless of race, however. Dino and I have had interactions with a more diverse array of First Nations people and have had a radically different experience, which I do not think is coincidental.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #132
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
this thread did not disapoint
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #133
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
I would venture to say, you've primarily encountered the lowest tier of First Nations society in your career. People who work in kitchens out of the necessity of an income are not generally the most intelligent people regardless of race, however. Dino and I have had interactions with a more diverse array of First Nations people and have had a radically different experience, which I do not think is coincidental.
I work in the fishing industry (food). So our first nations clientels are usually fishermans and bussiness owners.
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Old 05-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #134
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
i see. cant put up an argument. you remind me of some religious ppl who cannot debate and just call you out with no reason because they are incompetent of doing so, because they are just "right".............. DOUBLEDOWNS
Waste of time arguing with a kid who thinks he's smart, and knows it all. Have a nice day. Besides, theirs nothing to argue about w/ you.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #135

ok doubledownies
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #136
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
ill end my argument here then. after all, to each their own. in these discussions there cant really be a right or wrong; everything is subjective dependent on that individual's moral beliefs. there are some people such as yourself who hopes the world can be more understanding. you are correct, in context of your moral beliefs and with others who share your beliefs.

however, you must take note that what you label as "ignorant" is also subjective. ive been raised where it is rude to denounce other people's opinions. i may not agree with you, but i would.never call you ignorant or naive
An opinion is "i like blue ink to black" or "vanilla ice cream ftw"

What you are making are statements of facts, based on a limited sample size of people you have met.

So while I agree it is rude to denounce an opinion, I feel fully justified to correct a statement of fact.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #137
RS Lurker, I don't post!

wow lol....
Old 05-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #138

Quote:
An opinion is "i like blue ink to black" or "vanilla ice cream ftw"

What you are making are statements of facts, based on a limited sample size of people you have met.

So while I agree it is rude to denounce an opinion, I feel fully justified to correct a statement of fact.
fair enough. i guess you are right. i agree my statements are probably inaccurate due to the sample size but in vancouver, most ppls sample sizes are probably similar
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2012, 01:30 AM   #139
My homepage has been set to RS

I believe Metta World Peace will be able to shed some wisdom here

Old 05-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #140
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly View Post
Theres way to many people getting butt-hurt in this thread.....do you honestly think you're going to change peoples mind by venting your idology over the internet??
You guys need to grow thicker skin.

Maybe its just me...but imho ( I interact with a lot of first nations; I work in the food industry) they're not the brightest people around. Granted that I am sure there is some very well educated ones; just the ones I have met over the 12 yrs of being in the food industry are not something I would say "Smart".
It is unfortunate that the ratio of good/bad is huge.

edit: I would like to hear your explaination as to why you are failing me dinosaur; i was sharing my experience that I had with one type of ethnic group.
I work for an airline that primarily serves a ton of reserves up north, so the majority of our customer base is first nations. Just like any other race, there are the incredibly stupid people, and the brilliant ones, and I haven't noticed a staggering difference in the ratio of idiots to great people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonBoy View Post
really?.. some reason im afraid of taking shits after ghost movies.. i always think about what if a ghost's hand came out of the toilet and grabbed my nuts or stuck its hand in my ass -___________-.... i mean if it came outa the mirror id have reaction time to run but the toilets.. thats a pretty good blind spot to sneak up on people from -_____- ...
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #141
Banned (ABWS)

I will probably get flamed like crazy for this but i'll bet the average Indian is a better driver than the average Chinese person. Providing they are two people w/ the same driving experience.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #142
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubledown1 View Post
I will probably get flamed like crazy for this but i'll bet the average Indian is a better driver than the average Chinese person. Providing they are two people w/ the same driving experience.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #143
private modder

Thanked 1,835 Times in 485 Posts
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #144
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Quote:
Don't mind the ad hominem, but Holy fuck, you're stupid.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #145
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
I had high hopes for you, little one.

Now i have hopes you are high, because that was the dumbest thing ever. Gold star!
Old 05-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #146
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,106 Times in 503 Posts
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #147
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,430 Times in 1,236 Posts
Quote:

Insulting the Chinese on a Chinese forum? Game over, man. Game over.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #148
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,776 Times in 954 Posts
why is no one insulting the hispanics? COME ON I WANNA FEEL THE HATE TOO!

this thread : tldr

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
Old 05-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #149
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,765 Times in 3,533 Posts
doubledown is probably right though.....

why the hell is this thread still going? i was expecting updated news about the girl/thieves and instead get a bunch of blahblahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
why is no one insulting the hispanics? COME ON I WANNA FEEL THE HATE TOO!

this thread : tldr
the farmers in maple ridge hire a bunch of foreign hispanic workers and make them stay in the worst excuses for shelter :/
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #150
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
the farmers in maple ridge hire a bunch of foreign hispanic workers and make them stay in the worst excuses for shelter :/
Funny story from one of the farmers I deal with at work.

Last year he brought in 30 Mexican workers to work on his farm. He supplied them with a house on the farm to live in.
There was 8 females of which 4 will not be coming back this year.

Anyone want to take a wild guess why not?
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Closed Thread