REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #26
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
hows alienware compared to msi?
Advertisement

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:12 AM   #27
Doesn't know that condom-depot.com has free shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportPsycho View Post
what do you mean by always upgradeable?
can you upgrade cpu/video card on Alienware laptops?
yes, that is the main reason i chose to buy alienware because they specifically built the chassis so that it is easy to open and replace the parts in the future. They sell upgrade parts on their website for most if not all of the models. all i'll need to do in the future is just swap out the processor and video card which i can say will be a long while.
doritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:52 AM   #28
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
hows alienware compared to msi?
i have had both.......and i love my MSI laptop wwaaaayyyy more than alienware plus it is wayyy bettter bang for your buck
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #29
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,051 Times in 265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doritos View Post
yes, that is the main reason i chose to buy alienware because they specifically built the chassis so that it is easy to open and replace the parts in the future. They sell upgrade parts on their website for most if not all of the models. all i'll need to do in the future is just swap out the processor and video card which i can say will be a long while.
That is a absolutely terrible reason for buying an alienware. The upgrade parts are significantly more expensive and there is a LOT less selection.

Spend enough $$ at NCIX, they will even swap MOBO/ CPU and do some more difficult things for free.

Lastly, you're financing it - You obviously cant afford it. With the Alienware, you're paying a lot of extra money to fund their marketing team.
bananana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #30
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

i would get the alienware over the msi because the user base will be bigger and when problems arise it is easier to get to the bottom of the issue.

also as someone said the parts are all available should you need to upgrade later. i upgraded my laptop cpu and wireless after a 3 years. extended the life of my moms laptop for at least a year or 2

also my friends m11x was bulletproof.
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #31
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
I'm not sure about an Alienware PCs, but their laptops are reasonably priced when you compare the Asus G75 to the Alienware M17x and the MSI GT70.

To compare the laptops to Monster Cable is a bit far fetched.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #32
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Just wanted to add, because I've been looking to get a new laptop and I was looking into the G75 or an Alienware, the Alienware laptops have the option for better GPU's. The G75 comes with a Geforce 670 whereas if you were to get the alienware, you have the option for a AMD 7970 which is significantly better. You even have the option for SLI or Crossfire with the m18x. If the G75 had the option for a better GPU I'd be all over it
JL23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:17 AM   #33
Doesn't know that condom-depot.com has free shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananana View Post
That is a absolutely terrible reason for buying an alienware. The upgrade parts are significantly more expensive and there is a LOT less selection.

Spend enough $$ at NCIX, they will even swap MOBO/ CPU and do some more difficult things for free.

Lastly, you're financing it - You obviously cant afford it. With the Alienware, you're paying a lot of extra money to fund their marketing team.
laptops at ncix doesnt seem good with gaming laptops compared to all the options with alienware pcs..they're only good for my desktop parts. The upgrade parts don't have to be purchased from dell itself. You can buy them anywhere nowadays. Parts are getting cheaper and cheaper every year. With this purchase i wont be needing a new one for a few 2-4 years. my laptop came up to 1400 after tax with top of the line add ons.

So people financing electronics, cars can't afford it? they obviously can if they can make the payments by monthly and pay it off. some like to build credit or like the option of doing installment payments instead of full out spending the cash. You don't need to know if i can or cannot afford it. There are no extra fees for anything. It is 1299 + tax
doritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #34
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL23 View Post
Just wanted to add, because I've been looking to get a new laptop and I was looking into the G75 or an Alienware, the Alienware laptops have the option for better GPU's. The G75 comes with a Geforce 670 whereas if you were to get the alienware, you have the option for a AMD 7970 which is significantly better. You even have the option for SLI or Crossfire with the m18x. If the G75 had the option for a better GPU I'd be all over it
SLI/CF in a laptop? enjoy the overheating problems + jet turbine fans
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #35
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,051 Times in 265 Posts
Oh, you're buying a laptop. I'm assuming M11x? Great choice, minimal overheating problems, quite powerful for a laptop. The only issue is that laptops cannot and will not survive any kind of extended use.

$1400 is not a lot of money and there aren't many options in that price range. Go for it.
bananana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #36
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

financing a computer?
rice cooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:13 AM   #37
RS controls my life!

alienwares r nice, i actually ordered one week and half ago too. M14x came up to just about 1,400. Havnt tried financing before but if you are responsible with paying your bills on time go for it. receiving mine on the 14th =[ takes so long.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:11 AM   #38
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,958 Times in 287 Posts
before you spend all your hard earned dollars or finance your life away, please check out this great website. It is full of savings for laptops and computers.

Website

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...a3fc/event.png
MWR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-29-2012, 03:29 AM   #39
RS controls my life!

^??
Old 05-29-2012, 06:18 AM   #40
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
anyone know where i can get a good deal on the HP SPECTRE laptop
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #41
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWR34 View Post
before you spend all your hard earned dollars or finance your life away, please check out this great website. It is full of savings for laptops and computers.

Website
failed you cause that contributed nothing to this discussion..

but thanked you cause that site is actually hilarious. "search our anus" "put your business in our anus"
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: