REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #126
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Mixed feelings of the death.

Would have kept him on life support long enough to get a motive for all this bullshit that happened. Yet happy he's dead so it won't go any further.
Advertisement
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #127
G'd up! w000weee

I really wish he lived, so that we can find out why he went apeshit (but I think people have already guessed the reasons as to why he did what he did).

Another source:
Global BC | Tip from public led RCMP to shooting suspect

Quote:
Mitchell was wounded in an exchange of gunfire and taken by air ambulance to hospital in grave condition.
He was pronounced dead at the hospital.
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #128
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
It's best this guy is dead rather than see him walking our streets after serving a few years in prison because he would have most likely plead insanity, got a light sentence and we still wouldn't have known the truth behind the shootings.

And I suspect the shooting had to do with him getting laid off and getting evicted.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #129
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
If he wasn't responsible for the double murder at the sushi restaurant,
The real killer is probably really happy now.

don't know how much the cops know, but if he was a high suspect, chances are cops might not be as active trying to find the real killer now, if they assume they killed him already
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #130
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

What if angus isn't the real killer?
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #131
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
What if angus isn't the real killer?
you noob? So you are saying that the police department is not connecting all the pieces right that he might of been evicted/fired and his firearms that he is shooting does not point out he is a killer?
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #132
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Police now confirm double murder suspect Angus David Mitchell has died in hospital after a shootout in Maple Ridge.
JD¹³ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #133
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
you noob? So you are saying that the police department is not connecting all the pieces right that he might of been evicted/fired and his firearms that he is shooting does not point out he is a killer?
Evidence will show for itself. But for now, did anyone come out and say 100% Angus is the killer, with proof?
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #134
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,823 Times in 3,904 Posts
^ not for the double homicide...at least nothing's been released to the public.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #135
G'd up! w000weee

They need to find the gun used in the double homicide before they can conclude anything.
Hopefully they are able to.
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #136
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
if anyone wants to read his Facebook rant.

He's blaming his old boss, who's name happens to be mirko filipovic (crocop?)

Angus David Mitchell shot dead by police in Maple Ridge gunfight

Quote:
BY SUZANNE FOURNIER, JOHN COLEBOURN, CASSIDY OLIVIER AND DAVID CARRIGG, THE PROVINCE MAY 30, 2012 RCMP tried to negotiate but then exchanged fatal gunfire with an armed murder suspect in a quiet Maple Ridge neighbourhood Wednesday.

The suspect, confirmed to be Angus David Mitchell, 26, who was wanted by Burnaby RCMP in relation to a shooting Tuesday, and was a person of interest in a double homicide Sunday, was shot about 12:20 p.m. and was pronounced dead an hour later, after being airlifted to hospital.

Ridge Meadows RCMP Supt. Dave Walsh said “an alert citizen” reported a parked green Ford Aerostar, linked to an earlier police warning about former security guard Mitchell, who appeared to be hunting humans on his own revenge mission.

“He was non-cooperative — he advanced toward police with a rifle and fired on police,” said Walsh, speaking as police swarmed around the shooting site.

He said Ridge Meadows RCMP began “covert surveillance” after 10 a.m. on the 1994 van, then called for backup from the Lower Mainland Emergency Response Team, police dogs and the RCMP helicopter Air One.

Mitchell was addressed with a police loud-hailer but got out of his van with his weapon, believed to be a Mossberg Maverick gun, advanced toward police, and fired, said Walsh. Police opened fire and Mitchell fell to the ground.

“This is not the outcome we would have liked —it’s a tragedy any time an officer has to use force,” said Walsh.

No officers were injured and a rifle was seized at the scene.

The Vancouver police department will now take over the investigation of the “officer-involved” shooting, said Walsh, declining any further comment.

Witnesses nearby, none of whom actually saw the shooting, reported hearing one distinct shot, followed by three shots and then a rapid volley of shots.

They heard and saw an intense police presence, followed by a medical evacuation by ambulance and then by a chopper landing in a nearby horse field.

Mitchell was seen on a gurney, his arm dangling, with paramedics performing constant chest compressions even as he was loaded into the air ambulance.

“I heard the police helicopter first, because the dishes were rattling,” said Anona Holgate, owner of Beulah Farms, a five-acre horse farm that backs directly onto the site where the shooting took place.

“I thought I heard one shot, then three shots, and then a whole series of shots,” said Holgate. “It’s a bit unsettling, it’s pretty quiet out here usually.”

Craig Marquis, owner of the nearby Maple Ridge Equestrian Centre tack shop, said his girlfriend Jessica Fergusson called him from the shop, saying the area was swarming with police who had blocked off an eight-block stretch of 132nd Avenue between 216th and 224th Streets in Maple Ridge.

“I went right there but all the police would tell us was there was somebody of interest nearby who was armed and dangerous,” said Marquis.

“The shooting happened about 12:20 pm,” Marquis estimated. “I heard one very specific shot, not a shotgun, a single shot. Then I heard pop, pop, pop. It was like a short machine-gun burst, but I know the police have a lot of suppressed weaponry, so it’s not as loud.”

“Then the officer’s radio went nuts: ‘Shots fired, suspect down.’”

Marquis said Fergusson went to attend to her horses in a nearby pasture, but shortly after the shooting an ambulance pulled up, taking out an injured man on a gurney.

“She said they were doing (chest) compressions constantly. Then the medivac chopper came over, dropped the orange flare and landed in our field.”

Marquis said none of the neighbours appear to know why Mitchell was parked in Maple Ridge, but he noted that there is a gravelled stretch of road just north of where Mitchell was shot that is a “seedy area, where drug dealers hang out.

“It’s a busy dog-walking area, too — whoever saw the van knew to report it.”

VPD Major Crime investigators are now at the site of the shooting.

Any witnesses are asked to contact the VPD Homicide unit at (604) 717-2500.

Investigators expect to remain on scene throughout the afternoon and into the evening.

On Wednesday morning, Burnaby RCMP had sent out an urgent warning that Mitchell was wanted by Burnaby RCMP for the attempted murder of a 51-year-old Burnaby man who was shot Tuesday in front of his home in the 4400-block Gilpin Crescent in Burnaby.

The victim, who survived, is in hospital in serious condition. He is Mitchell’s former landlord.

Mitchell is also a person of interest in the May 27 double homicide inside a sushi restaurant on Royal Oak Avenue in Burnaby.

A motive for those homicides has not been established.

In a rant posted on his Facebook page, Mitchell directs anger toward Mirko Filipovic, owner of Themis Security Inc., describing him as a “bastard who pushes his weight applying pressure points to people.”

The owner was advised earlier Wednesday by Victoria Police detectives on what security precautions he and his workers should take relating to the manhunt for Mitchell.

Filipovic said Mitchell, 26, worked for his firm as a contractor on three occasions, the latest contract expiring about six weeks ago.

While unable to provide specific details, Filipovic said Mitchell’s parting with the company was acrimonious.

“I’m concerned for the safety of our employees and our families,” Filipovic told The Province Wednesday morning.

Read Mitchell’s Facebook posting below (WARNING: CONTENT MAY OFFEND):

Do you think its not true? the fact that you had me wait for over 2 hours, the fact that you are a insignificant lowly little punk who masquerades as a successful person? Every time I had dealt with you I have showed you patience and regard as the “president” of the company and look at what you do.? Give me odd ball uncertain agreement ‘I’ll try to talk to a person who may me quitting about a job that could be available for you. ’, or you fuck up your own payroll so I cannot get paid on time, or you don’t show up to meet me when scheduled, or you give me attitude on the phone like why should I ‘care’ about you. who gives a wink about you, Mirko? Your just a little fucking bastard who pushes around his weight applying pressure points on people, and evidence below, when they call you out you just spout off some ridiculousness. I will contact whoever the I presume, don’t you ever try and talk to me as if you can give me an order. You do not deserve my attention. FUCK YOU BASTARD. Razumeti?”
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #137
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
I dont care if they worked at a sushi place, both victims were hard working individuals with no links to organized crime. its someones husband, someones business partner, someones dad, someones daughter, wife, sister and so on. i always get worried when someone close to me is gone for longer than they should without calling, but im relieved when they do. my worst nightmare come true for the families of the victims
RIP
duy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #138
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
The shooting at his landlord happened just up the block from my house. Dozens of cop cars were there yesterday until even this morning. Was wondering why it was all cornered off.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:09 PM   #139
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
father of 4 and a single mother of a 4 year old....so sad

Murder victim at sushi restaurant was single mother
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:23 PM   #140
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
met the owner at the restaurant on several occasions and seen him at my work a few times.

great guy from the encounters i've had.

R.I.P

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:24 PM   #141
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post

probably haven't done the ballistics on the bullets yet. but the video report states that the same bullet casing were used at both shooting.
mafiakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:39 PM   #142
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:

Has RS ever done anything like a fund raiser?
I wouldn't know where to start, but I think as a community, we might be able to come together to do something nice for the kids left behind.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2012, 10:45 PM   #143
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
Quote:

Just found out that the single mother's ex-husband is one of my mom's friends ..
Tragic
pinn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #144
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
RIP to the innocent victims, and best of luck to their families.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #145
Director of RS Cares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post
Has RS ever done anything like a fund raiser?
I wouldn't know where to start, but I think as a community, we might be able to come together to do something nice for the kids left behind.

We do lots of fundraisers year round and although never something so specific (to a certain family etc) I'll bring this up as consideration.

Thank you for the idea.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #146
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
if anyone wants to read his Facebook rant.

He's blaming his old boss, who's name happens to be mirko filipovic (crocop?)

Angus David Mitchell shot dead by police in Maple Ridge gunfight

both the first name Mirko and last name Filipovic are probably the most popular first and last names for Croatian males... kind of like an english equivalent of John Smith or Jack Johnson or something

RIP to the victims, and condolences to families involved
Old 06-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #147
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
How were the two restaurant victims linked to the shooter?
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #148
My homepage has been set to RS

We have no idea still
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #149
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Friend of a friend said that he used to work at the restaurant and got fired. Not 100% sure, but the word of mouth came from a family member of the woman that worked at the sushi restaurant.

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #150
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
@CKNW: This as #IHIT says the rifle found w/ Angus David Mitchell when he was shot in #MapleRidge was used in #Burnaby shooting & double homicide
@CKNW: What isn't clear is if the weapon seized by #Victoria PD from Mitchell is the same weapon he used in killing 2 people & wounding another

Quote:
VICTORIA (NEWS1130) - Victoria police say they seized a firearm in February from a man who was shot and killed by Mounties in Maple Ridge on Wednesday after a double murder and attempted murder in Burnaby.

Angus David Mitchell, 26, was killed in a shootout along a rural road after police issued a public warning saying he was armed and dangerous.

Mitchell was being sought in connection the shooting deaths of two people in a sushi restaurant and the wounding of his former landlord earlier this week.

Victoria police say they dealt with Mitchell in a Mental Health Act incident in February, which resulted in the seizure of a firearm.

Mitchell later made an application to have the firearm returned to him.

Victoria police say no links have been made between the firearm seizure and the current investigations into the Burnaby shootings.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote