REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-02-2014, 02:08 PM   #51
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

^
You've gone there, or you just searched via the Intersate website?
I did the search and it says Fred Meyer in Bellingham sells them but when I was there I never saw any....
Advertisement
c4@urdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:12 PM   #52
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,307 Posts
One of my friend's bought from Foreign Auto Clinic a few years back. On a personal level, I never bought from them. I just ponied up and bought one locally because my battery was dead (non-Intersate.) Whether it was cheaper than other places, I don't know because it was a friend's shop and I wasn't interested in wheeling and dealing with them.

Regardless, do your due diligence and call the shops in advance to ensure they have what you are looking for in store or can get it for you before you go down to find they don't have what you're looking for (but I'm sure you knew that already.)

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:38 PM   #53
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

i dunno what this is exactly called but I have a question about this type of battery.
back home in asia before I moved here almost all cars on the road used this type where people would just re-fill the battery acid when the battery dies and it always worked as good as new after the re-fill

what are u guy's experience with this? are there any places that does re-fills here and if so around how much should i expect? I'm wondering because my jdm car came with this and I'm just curious if I should re-fill or just buy the standard non-refillable batteries here..

you! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:16 PM   #54
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4@urdoor View Post
Reviving old thread instead of making new one.

I'm looking for a Interstate Megatron battery for a family members' DD Acura MDX
(IMO its the best bang for buck, good quality battery. Correct me if wrong.)

Where is the cheapest place to buy one locally? I also go to the states often if someone knows of a distributor in Bellingham/Blaine.
Ask for Bob at Toyo Motors in Richmond.

The Interstate battery (model MTP-24) I bought died after 18 months of usage. To make matters worse, I bought it from Interstate's own All Battery Center on east Broadway which is now out of business! To make a long story short, called up Interstate Distribution Center in Langley and they were absolutely no help to me. Called up Toyo Motors (after calling 10 other Interstate dealers that were unwilling/unable to help) and they basically picked up Interstate's slack as a distributor and diagnosed/warrantied my battery. One other thing, while he was photocopying my original invoice he noticed that he sells the battery for $20 less that what I paid.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:37 PM   #55
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKS PWR View Post
Ask for Bob at Toyo Motors in Richmond.

The Interstate battery (model MTP-24) I bought died after 18 months of usage. To make matters worse, I bought it from Interstate's own All Battery Center on east Broadway which is now out of business! To make a long story short, called up Interstate Distribution Center in Langley and they were absolutely no help to me. Called up Toyo Motors (after calling 10 other Interstate dealers that were unwilling/unable to help) and they basically picked up Interstate's slack as a distributor and diagnosed/warrantied my battery. One other thing, while he was photocopying my original invoice he noticed that he sells the battery for $20 less that what I paid.
Yikes, that sounds discouraging......
This Bob fellow sounds like one heck of a guy though.
c4@urdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:47 PM   #56
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by you! View Post
i dunno what this is exactly called but I have a question about this type of battery.
back home in asia before I moved here almost all cars on the road used this type where people would just re-fill the battery acid when the battery dies and it always worked as good as new after the re-fill

what are u guy's experience with this? are there any places that does re-fills here and if so around how much should i expect? I'm wondering because my jdm car came with this and I'm just curious if I should re-fill or just buy the standard non-refillable batteries here..

You can try topping up the battery with distiller water. Most batteries these days are sealed. I'd give it a try and see where you stand.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:36 PM   #57
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4@urdoor View Post
Yikes, that sounds discouraging......
This Bob fellow sounds like one heck of a guy though.
Interstate Batteries are manufactured Johnson Controls, which is one of the largest manufacturers of automotive batteries and more. Unfortunately, some (not all) Interstate batteries will suffer from some level of quality control. There could be a number of reasons his battery failed (we don't know the full story) however, I would not hesitate to buy another Interstate battery as they have been good to me.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2014, 10:10 PM   #58
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
You can refill with distilled water. However be careful not to go over the fill lines, as it will short out the cells.

With our weather I rather go with an AGM battery that I don't need to refill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by you! View Post

godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:12 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
You can try topping up the battery with distiller water. Most batteries these days are sealed. I'd give it a try and see where you stand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
You can refill with distilled water. However be careful not to go over the fill lines, as it will short out the cells.

With our weather I rather go with an AGM battery that I don't need to refill.
wow i thought u guys were joking at first when u said fill it with water
just never thought it would work since ive always seen guys refill with battery acid 100% of the time

like how exactly would distilled water do the work that the battery acid does?
you! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:19 PM   #60

^ its actually a mixture of sulphuric acid and water in the batteries.
Just looked through my old automotive textbook and you ideally want 35% sulphuric acid to
65% water.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:54 PM   #61
I am Hook'd on RS

what you need is a interstate battery mega-tron plus. 6 year warranty. 140$ done.

Your current battery may be salvageable though... have you looked at popping the fill caps and seeing if its low in water? Fill it up with distilled water and recharge it... it might be good for another year or 2.
vudooca is offline   Reply With Quote