REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Nissan / Infiniti Tech Resources

Nissan / Infiniti Tech Resources All Nissan & Infiniti Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 06-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,573 Times in 851 Posts
Wiper motor runs, but wipers wont move (wtf)

Long story short, was on the way home night market with the GF...

Half way home the wipers get stuck at highest position.I pull over and restart the car, turn wipers on...nothing.

I get outta the car, I can hear the motor working; but the wipers just wont "connect" with the motor. So yeah, had to drive for awhile without wipers. Hoping for anyone with a similar experience to shine some light on this.

Car is a '99 infiniti G20...

Update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolowtone View Post
I had the arm from the motor pop off on my car once. the hole for the pivot was all stretched and just popped off, But my car is also from 85 so wear is expected to show up sometime

got the car in the garage, popped a few covers off.

ding ding... exactly what happened. Wiper arm from the motor popped out and no longer moved the wiper pivots.

new bushing time.
Advertisement

Last edited by Qmx323; 06-05-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:27 AM   #2
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
You might have stripped the gear.. take the assembly apart and replaced any parts that have metal shavings... I guess you don't lubricate moving parts in your car often?
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #3
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

You likely stripped the pivot arms. Not sure if they come seperately or not but you will likely be replacing the entire linkage.

This is why you do not put your wipers on when your wipers are frozen to your windshield. I swear in the winter we replace the linkage on cars once a day.

Eventually they will wear out when the car gets old. Not really something you can lubricate..its just a wear and tear item.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #4

Ah, most likely the pivot or something like that. The wipers are still synchronized, so I guess it can't be that bad.

Time to put on some gloves and get wrenchin'
Old 06-04-2012, 02:03 AM   #5
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I had the arm from the motor pop off on my car once. the hole for the pivot was all stretched and just popped off, But my car is also from 85 so wear is expected to show up sometime
Prolowtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
You might have stripped the gear.. take the assembly apart and replaced any parts that have metal shavings... I guess you don't lubricate moving parts in your car often?
had the car for less than 2 weeks, hard to predict this would happen