REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 06-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #51
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
I've had 4 long term live in relationships... I'm currently single and every single one of them ended on rough terms. I won't have another live in unless we're engaged.

Berz out.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #52
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
I've had 4 long term live in relationships... I'm currently single and every single one of them ended on rough terms. I won't have another live in unless we're engaged.

Berz out.
I'm curious if there is a common denominator to all this?
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #53
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
I'm curious if there is a common denominator to all this?
You can't make a hoe a housewife?
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #54
VLS Head Mod

Quote:

Berz out.
Good.. Don't jump into anything else too soon!! and stay away from crazies lol
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #55
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
@cdizzle: An honest opinion, let her move in. Make her sign a simple contract just simply stating she will not demand cash payment or any material payment if the relationship were to go bad.
Is this really even necessary? What kind of women are you guys dating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 View Post
In the end it doesn't really have anything to do with helping with bills, or my "stuff". I've owned my place in Abbotsford for a few years, I've renovated, and fully furnished it myself, it needs absolutely nothing. With that being said if it were to ever go sour, I wouldn't want to "pay her out" or her have a chunk of some thing she didn't Pay for. I've paid nearly 40k off my mortgage and done 15k in renos.

This whole thread has gone above and beyond where te original question stemmed from.
Despite having been together for 2 years and continuing, I don't think your relationship is mature enough yet.

It all comes down to this:

Trust is a huge part of a "serious" relationship. The fact that that there is a need for you to feel protected from your partner means that you don't trust her fully yet; maybe to a degree, but not necessarily life and property yet. (And that's OK, varying relationships require varying times to grow)

That being said, she might be hurt with your lack of trust within the relationship.

Last edited by Noir; 06-07-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #56
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:

Berz out.

can you be my girlfriend? I wouldnt mind putting u in a nice dress and taking you home
civic_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:44 PM   #57
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
It also depends on what kind of person you are and are you ok with picking up other ppl's slack. If you are a strict person about sharing than you might have an issue. Not just sharing the bills and work done but it goes beyond that. Say sometimes you feel like just relaxing watching the game and your gf wants to watch the fashion network. Sure maybe once or twice you can cave in but how many times can you do it.

Example both of you work 9 to 5 so then who gets the washroom first? What happens if one person stays in the washroom too long? Now that's very minior but you get the idea. Stuff like this will happen.

You also have to care for the other person feelings as well and make time for her even though you want to do someone else.

I live at home pay the bills, clean, cook pay rent so I guess to do since I do all those anyways I wouldn't really mind moving in with someone if theyd on't pick up their share. But I also value my own personal space and time.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #58
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Despite having been together for 2 years and continuing, I don't think your relationship is mature enough yet.

It all comes down to this:

Trust is a huge part of a "serious" relationship. The fact that that there is a need for you to feel protected from your partner means that you don't trust her fully yet; maybe to a degree, but not necessarily life and property yet. (And that's OK, varying relationships require varying times to grow)

That being said, she might be hurt with your lack of trust within the relationship.
What about a prenup? Would you ever consider that? I trust my gf completely but I would still get a prenup when we get married. When the knot is tied, all my assets become hers, which I have no problem with. It's just if a divorce were to happen, I want my assets back. She can keep hers and anything shared can be split evenly. Same idea for this guy, just he's not married.
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote