REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Honda / Acura Tech Resources

Honda / Acura Tech Resources All honda & Acura Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 06-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #26
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

ya it doesn't have to be a huge spoiler, my civic has trunk lip, and its not too bad.

perhaps you can google aftermarket acura csx images, and see what style you like and go from there
Advertisement
i-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2012, 05:40 AM   #27
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Shaved door handles? You might well just get some chrome rims and chrome fender trim to go along with it. Don't send your car back to the 90's.

You can also check out k-playground for some replica JDM items. I'm not sure of the quality but they seem to be ok.

06+ Yamaha R6 parts!

My Feedback
RunningFree is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #28
W2K
HELP ME PLS!!!

Kplayground Mugen RR style/Civic Type R style/mugen style Body Kits, window visors, Shannie & Mosport DDT Track Events

Side note, saw another CSX-S on CL the other day with FD2 body. Looks good (im not advertising for this guy, just sayin)
FS/Lease Takeover 2010 Acura CSX Type S (JDM Conversion-FD2)
W2K is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #29
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I checked out Kplayground and another place A&J Racing, they're looking pretty good, I have a good idea of what I'm going to do to it.

Thanks for all the help guys.
xerograv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #30
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2K View Post
Kplayground Mugen RR style/Civic Type R style/mugen style Body Kits, window visors, Shannie & Mosport DDT Track Events

Side note, saw another CSX-S on CL the other day with FD2 body. Looks good (im not advertising for this guy, just sayin)
What seats does that guy have? They don't look like Type-S/SI seats

06+ Yamaha R6 parts!

My Feedback
Old 06-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #31

not sure, probably email him he might let you know though.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:05 AM   #32
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2K View Post
why would you modify a leased car?!

{{Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital }}
Gtrr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #33

no idea, but he got the kit from A&J Racing, I'm not a fan of the honda badge on it, but, he's got some nice mods on it. I emailed him, nice guy, not sure if he's on here or not.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #34
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

coilovers, lips, wheel & rubber <-- in this order
marco520 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-04-2012, 03:16 AM   #35
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
pics? anything done yet?
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #36
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
Don't do any short ram intakes, this particular motor isn't friendly with them.

I would do coil overs, camber kits, decently wide rims, and rolling the fenders.
How come shortram wouldnt be a good idea? I have an 07 CSX and I was considering putting in a takeda shortram intake.
TAKEDA SHORT RAM AIR INTAKE 06-11 CIVIC SI BLACK | eBay
(not adverstising, I just want to show people what I was considering and whether it's a good idea or not.)
Just got my CSX recently too, any one have suggestions and tips on what to do besides wheels and coilovers. I've been trying to look for a spoiler/lip.
magnum.jn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #37
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,288 Times in 2,506 Posts
As a general rule, there is no performance benefits to be had from cone filters unless substantial effort has been made to ensure that fresh, cold air is drawn in and the filter itself is well insulated from the engine bay.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #38
W2K
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum.jn View Post
How come shortram wouldnt be a good idea? I have an 07 CSX and I was considering putting in a takeda shortram intake.
TAKEDA SHORT RAM AIR INTAKE 06-11 CIVIC SI BLACK | eBay
(not adverstising, I just want to show people what I was considering and whether it's a good idea or not.)
Just got my CSX recently too, any one have suggestions and tips on what to do besides wheels and coilovers. I've been trying to look for a spoiler/lip.
You got a CSX - Type S ? In that case, the short ram will be fine. Any intakes meant for a Si won't work on a base CSX, it will give you a check engine light.

CSXDRIVER &bull; View topic - Intake for Base CSX
W2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #39

actually my CSX got backed into by a flat deck truck a couple of weeks ago. after I'd done $4k worth of suspension work, new rims, tires and an HID system. literally. the day after. I picked the car up at 5, drove it the long way, parked, then went to work, friend at work came out and grabbed me and said.. dude.. your car. go outside. cops are there and the guy in the truck was looking at me like he thought I was gonna murder him. which I was. but, thats beside the point. Anyways, thanks guys for the ideas, there's a cheap '08 CSX S in ontario I'm looking at picking up once ICBC cuts me a cheque.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:17 PM   #40
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerograv View Post
actually my CSX got backed into by a flat deck truck a couple of weeks ago. after I'd done $4k worth of suspension work, new rims, tires and an HID system. literally. the day after. I picked the car up at 5, drove it the long way, parked, then went to work, friend at work came out and grabbed me and said.. dude.. your car. go outside. cops are there and the guy in the truck was looking at me like he thought I was gonna murder him. which I was. but, thats beside the point. Anyways, thanks guys for the ideas, there's a cheap '08 CSX S in ontario I'm looking at picking up once ICBC cuts me a cheque.
Dude sorry to hear... but on the bright side, you'll get a better car out of it.

Try to find a CSX-S or a Civic SI sedan and you'll be a pretty happy guy. Completely different car from the base models, especially the Civic.

Or, you could go completely different and pick up a Mazdaspeed 3. Still 4 doors and a pretty impressive amount of power. Plus modding a turbo car will get you way more power than a NA car, no comparison.

06+ Yamaha R6 parts!

My Feedback
Old 01-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #41
Banned (ABWS)

put in some killer subs
Insidious is offline   Reply With Quote