REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #4101
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
weren't there some players talking about starting their own league? or was that a separate union? cant recall
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #4102
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

@adater: From deep inside players side: "We were ready to play again. But Don came in (Wed.) & told us we could get more and to hold out"

Fehr is the devil!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #4103
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

They agreed to the money terms, surprised me there.

I feel players offer of 8 yr contract length is reasonable. If owners are so hard up on 5 year limits they could just tell their GM's not to go past 5 years, too simple?
Old 12-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #4104
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,194 Times in 5,577 Posts
Fehr is using this as his retirement baby, shows how good of a negotiator he is that he'd rather lockout than bite on a commisioners terms

tired of all this shit
Old 12-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #4105
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,754 Times in 8,158 Posts
I think he's going to string the owners along until literally the last day the season can be salvaged, and then decline that offer
Old 12-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #4106
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,192 Times in 2,274 Posts
lets talk about how the leafs suck

Shopping mall Santa loses his job after telling 3-year-old the Leafs suck | Puck Daddy - Yahoo! Sports

Quote:
Santa, who isn't being very good today.
Here's what what we know about Santa: He lives at the North Pole. He rides a sleigh led by eight or nine reindeer, depending on the weather. He has a big, white beard.
And, as it turns out, he thinks the Toronto Maple Leafs suck.
According to Mary Trent of Mississauga, Ontario, when she brought her 3-year-old son to visit Santa Claus at Lowe's Toronto Christmas Market, Kris Kringle started crackin' wise. First, he told the kid his red plaid jacket made him look like Paul Bunyan. Then, if bewildering a small boy with a centuries-old pop culture reference wasn't enough, Trent says Santa next turned his attention to the boy's favourite hockey team.
From the Toronto Sun:
"Then he said, 'Oh, you're wearing a Toronto Maple Leafs tuque, you shouldn't be wearing that, they suck.' At that point, I took my son and told him we should go, Santa isn't being very good today."
Trent said her son was inconsolable and cried all the way home to Mississauga.
"He wanted to know who Paul Bunyan was? He wanted to know why Santa said the Toronto Maple Leafs suck," Trent told the Sun Thursday. "I told him Santa was having a bad day. I can't really tell him Santa's a jerk."
But Santa's a jerk and kids need to know. When I was 8, I asked him for a pair of moon shoes and I did not receive moon shoes. Unreliable, that's what he is.
And as for why Santa might have said the Toronto Maple Leafs suck... well, Santa knows who's been naughty and who's been nice, and the Leafs have been naughty for nearly a decade. Still, you'd think jolly old St. Nicholas could refrain from chirping a three-year old about it. Apparently not.
Trent took her concerns online, posting the story of her son's discouraging encounter to the market's Facebook page. She received a swift apology. As for Santa? He wasn't just told to be good, for goodness' sake. He was fired.
It was a small consolation for Trent.
"I just don't want other kids to have to go through this," she told the Toronto Sun.
Granted, that might be a bit optimistic. People will be telling this poor boy the the Leafs suck for the rest of his life.
But nobody wants to hear it from Santa.
s/t to Backhand Shelf.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #4107
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
Santa told the truth.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #4108
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,565 Times in 4,288 Posts
at least Santa is on board like rest of the country
Old 12-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #4109
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
its starting to be pretty evident that Fehr is the 'bad guy' here holding up negotiations. And Bettman is taking 90% of the heat for it
Old 12-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #4110
UFO

Let's not kid ourselves, Bettman is no angel either. How many times have we heard 'this is our best offer, take it or leave it' only to come back later with more concessions? How many times have the owners presented counter offers to what the players offers instead of rejecting them within minutes, over voicemail of all things?

This is just a process of give and take. The owners still have more to give up, and the players are also willing to give up a bit more too. They'll get there.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:23 AM   #4111
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,044 Times in 1,176 Posts
Was it Billy Bob Thornton wearing the Santa suit?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 12-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #4112
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,565 Times in 4,288 Posts
It's a cat and mouse game right now. There is still a chance of saving the season but the way Fehr is dealing with things he better change quick cause it's on a life line right now.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #4113
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Fehr doesn't care if the season is lost. It just means the PA will retain him for another year.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #4114
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts

Yashin named GM of Russian women's hockey team

YASHIN NAMED GM OF RUSSIAN WOMEN'S HOCKEY TEAM

Quote:
MOSCOW -- Former NHL star Alexei Yashin was named general manager of the Russian women's national team on Friday.

The 39-year-old has played professional hockey for 21 years -- 12 in the NHL and nine in his native Russia.

"I think for the ladies it's a great gift for the new year," Russian Hockey Federation president Vladislav Tretiak said on the IIHF website. "Alexei is a fine man who did a lot for our country. The solution will benefit both our coaching staff and give new challenges to the general manager."

Russia will host the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. The women's team recently started a tour in the United States with a series of games against college teams.

Yashin won gold medals for his home country in the 1992 world junior championship and the 1993 world championship. He also helped Russia win silver at the 1998 Games in Nagano and bronze in Salt Lake City in 2002.

The 2006 Olympics in Turin was his last major international tournament.

After recording 781 points in 850 career NHL games, Yashin returned to Russia in 2007 and played for Lokomotiv Yaroslavl, SKA St. Petersburg and most recently for CSKA Moscow. Yashin hasn't played since last spring and has not announced the end of his playing career.

Russia's next challenge will be the 2013 IIHF women's world championship in Ottawa next April. Yashin is quite familiar with the city -- he spent over half of his NHL career with the Senators.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 12-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #4115
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Whats wrong with that? Hes still getting paid by the islanders...
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #4116
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 12-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #4117
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

NHL Lockout 2012: Players' proposal rejected by NHL - YouTube!
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #4118
My homepage has been set to RS

Old 12-11-2012, 01:42 AM   #4119

So some actual canucks related news. Our draft pick Patrick McNally has withdrawn from Harvard due to being a part of a cheating scandal that happened in a government course. He and others from various sports teams are said to have conspired together on a take home final exam. He is too old to play in the CHL and USHL which are considered amateur leagues. This leaves him with few options. 1, to sign with a pro league either in Europe or the ECHL/AHL, if he does do this he loses his ability to play hockey during university because the NCAA doesn't allow it. 2, to take a year off school and hockey then rejoin Harvard. 3, hope that some other school will accept him even though he was caught cheating. Basically he is up shit creek at the moment and he has no paddles. Also the canucks can not sign him at the moment due to the lockout and people are not sure if this could allow him to become a UFA like Schultz did.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:38 AM   #4120
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
His dad is also an FBI brah. It's a conspiracy
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-11-2012, 02:55 AM   #4121
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

he can sit and wait it out like the rest of us...
Old 12-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #4122
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,462 Times in 1,671 Posts
Another "bright idea" from Vancouver City Council. They're gonna vote today on a motion to write a letter to the NHL and the NHLPA to end the lockout.

As if Bettman and Fehr would even help end the lockout because of these politicians.

Vancouver City Council slammed for lockout letter motion - News1130
Old 12-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #4123
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Another "bright idea" from Vancouver City Council. They're gonna vote today on a motion to write a letter to the NHL and the NHLPA to end the lockout.

As if Bettman and Fehr would even help end the lockout because of these politicians.

Vancouver City Council slammed for lockout letter motion - News1130
What a bunch of idiots, you might as well just write a letter to Santa
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #4124
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,044 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
What a bunch of idiots, you might as well just write a letter to Santa
haha good comparison!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 12-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #4125

The absolute drop dead date for a deal to get done if we follow the last lockout-shortened season is January 11 with the season starting on January 20. This would also likely be a 48 game season.

I don't think the players will decertify. If it was in the plans for them, they would have had to do it way earlier in order to potentially save this season. The only way I see the PA decertifying now is if a deal isn't reached by whatever deadline is given.