REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #26
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGnoRE View Post
Haha I get 5 fails for at the fact that hot coffee burned her genitals.

Next guy gets 5 thanks for hoping she gets run over by a delivery truck tomorrow.
'cause it was immature .. only 8 year-olds laugh at that no offense
Advertisement
pinn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #27
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 23,414 Times in 4,871 Posts
Whatever happened to "shit happens"? I'm going to sue ikea for not putting pillows on the legs of their table for my fucking minor toe injuries over the years. Or sue the company who built my grandparents house for the scar on my face from when I was a kid and smashed my face open on the fireplace. People like this make me fucking sick.
I mean obviously depending on the circumstances I can understand people deserving money for lost wages and medical bills, but saying your "suffering" from pstd from minor burns and demanding money for it stinks of greed.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-25-2012, 12:10 AM   #28
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I mean obviously depending on the circumstances I can understand people deserving money for lost wages and medical bills, but saying your "suffering" from pstd from minor burns and demanding money for it stinks of greed.
Agreed.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:28 AM   #29
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

P&S has a cap in Canada thank God.
Such a Saad Story.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:32 AM   #30
no

Thanked 5,697 Times in 1,153 Posts
Quote:
Whatever happened to "shit happens"? I'm going to sue ikea for not putting pillows on the legs of their table for my fucking minor toe injuries over the years. Or sue the company who built my grandparents house for the scar on my face from when I was a kid and smashed my face open on the fireplace. People like this make me fucking sick.
i couldnt help but laugh at that statement as well
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:56 AM   #31
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
I'm not talking about the PTSD and whatnot, but a. how do you know the burns were just minor? and b. if I had suffered burns due to someone else's negligence, I would feel like I should be compensated by a lot more than simply my medical bills or w/e......That IS a lot of suffering to go through when you are burned..."shit happens" is in the category of getting my order wrong or something...."shit happens" is not someone being negligent when my property or safety is at risk...That's far more than "shit happens"....
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:56 AM   #32
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 9,725 Times in 3,958 Posts
When hot liquids (boiling temperature) hit clothing, it soaks up and can scald you pretty damn good. Even if you can somehow remove the clothing quickly, it's too late. I still have a nasty scar from an accident that happend 45 years ago. Chicks love guys with scars...... dueling scars, yes - burn marks, not so much.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
I'm not talking about the PTSD and whatnot, but a. how do you know the burns were just minor?
I work in a kitchen. I have had a full pot of boiling water knocked over and poured down the back of my legs. It fucking hurt, and I had some second degree burns. I have basically no scarring, it hurt SERIOUSLY for probably 5 days? The pain after that was uncomfortable at worst, and within 3-4 weeks, other than the visible marks it was like it never happened. Coffee is NOT boiling water, nor is it a 20L pot. Point is we are talking probably 10 degrees less, and about 3% of the liquid at most. The damage could not be all too terribly bad. Oh and I didn't need to see a psychiatrist over my fear of large pots. People need to differentiate the points that can affect your life negatively forever, and things that cause minor discomfort for a few weeks. They are NOT the same. PSTD is something soldiers in war time, molestation victims, terrible car accident victims, etc. suffer from. To put a spilled cup of coffee in the company of such life changing events is fucking disgusting. And yes I know there are varying degrees of it, as with any psychological issues, but come on. I'm much more angered over the claim of that then seeking compensation for injuries, although the compensation should be pretty minor.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #34
wants to know why blow-up dolls always look so surprised

i recall another older and similar incident.
some woman spilt coffee on herself and it just melted her nylons onto her
pretty brutal, actually
iam_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #35

I believe that was the famous multi million lawsuit from back in the day.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #36
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 9,725 Times in 3,958 Posts
If a hot chick spilt hot water on herself, it would be my duty as a concerned citizen to rip her clothes off as fast as I could to prevent her from being injured and suffering permanent damage. It's the hero in me coming out.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #37
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,130 Posts
LOL I guess I can sue McDonald's too then coz I always ask for no pickles for my burgers but I still get them.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #38
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

How about we hear more specifics on the case rather than just dismiss it out right. With original case in the states the lady actually did have severe 3rd degree burns on her legs and gentals and the clothing on the material was fused in her skin and later she had to have a skin graff. Others might argue that it was her fault that she burned herself but we should discount the claim that major injuries could have occurred her as well.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #39
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 4,439 Times in 885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsunu View Post
How about we hear more specifics on the case rather than just dismiss it out right. With original case in the states the lady actually did have severe 3rd degree burns on her legs and gentals and the clothing on the material was fused in her skin and later she had to have a skin graff. Others might argue that it was her fault that she burned herself but we should discount the claim that major injuries could have occurred her as well.
people should google the pics if they dont think its that bad, ive seen them and its gross.

When your old your skin isnt as strong and it can burn a lot more easily and a lot worse.
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:13 PM   #40
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,095 Times in 1,354 Posts
Not this shit again. I swear every once in a couple years someone decides to sue McDonald's, and it's always related to coffee burns.

Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #41
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,283 Times in 196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgman View Post
Such a Saad Story.
AW607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #42
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akinari-kun View Post
Not this shit again. I swear every once in a couple years someone decides to sue McDonald's, and it's always related to coffee burns.

LOL keep suing them and they might just stop serving coffee
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:19 PM   #43
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,283 Times in 196 Posts
I didn't think their coffee was that great anyway.. Maybe just the iced coffees, but that's it
AW607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #44
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 2,588 Times in 1,167 Posts
You would think that a huge company like McDonald's would figure out that their coffee lid's design needs to be improved.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #45
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,095 Times in 1,354 Posts
McD coffee is pretty damn nasty. But it's not like the others have anything much better to offer

EDIT: *I type while drinking a Starbucks*
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote