REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 11-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #76
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calbeee View Post

found these wingtip boots i want, but not sure what i would wear it with. any suggestions?

i was thinking more on the dressy side with black jeans, shirt, cardigan, etcetc..
I have similar shoes, you don't need to get decked out because you can rock shoes semi-casual.

I usually wear them with dark colored jeans, causal dress shirt or a nice sweater with a pea coat or trench on top.
Advertisement
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #77
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
I have similar shoes, you don't need to get decked out because you can rock shoes semi-casual.

I usually wear them with dark colored jeans, causal dress shirt or a nice sweater with a pea coat or trench on top.
thats exactly how i was imagining them to be worn
Calbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:02 AM   #78
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
More mileage could not be had from a similar boot in brown.

Brown footwear is not appropriate for even semi-casual attire in the evening, the venerable 6:00 pm rule.

The only exception to that rule may be Summer evenings, where they probably could be worn till 9:00 pm.

I agree with Jah on possible combinations; dark blue jeans with essentially anything semi-formal on top.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #79
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Those brown footwear rules really don't exist.
Farfetched is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #80
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Planning to ditched my old school black bubble mec jacket for something diverse, i was thinking of getting an arcteryx fission ar jacket. Would this alone keep me warm or would i have to layer up in -15c?
wyuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #81

Brown shoes imo are hard to pull off that's why I only own one pair of brown shoes.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #82

Quote:
Brown shoes imo are hard to pull off that's why I only own one pair of brown shoes.
Why do you find that?

I actually find brown shoes more versatile than black shoes. Currently the brown shoes I have are Ferragamo's - wingtip oxfords, 2x pairs of loafers (one narrow, one boat-loafer style but more formal), and brown suede loafers (narrow). They have yet to fail me since they always complemented whatever I wear. If I go to work, they obviously work there. Even on casual (slim jeans black/blue, chinos, dress shirt/golf shirt, sweater, cardigan, vest, all kinds of jackets, etc.). Simply put, I can't find any flaw in brown shoes.

I'm assuming you wear slim pants, so I don't quite understand how they don't work for you.
dasani604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #83
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasani604 View Post
Why do you find that?

I actually find brown shoes more versatile than black shoes. Currently the brown shoes I have are Ferragamo's - wingtip oxfords, 2x pairs of loafers (one narrow, one boat-loafer style but more formal), and brown suede loafers (narrow). They have yet to fail me since they always complemented whatever I wear. If I go to work, they obviously work there. Even on casual (slim jeans black/blue, chinos, dress shirt/golf shirt, sweater, cardigan, vest, all kinds of jackets, etc.). Simply put, I can't find any flaw in brown shoes.

I'm assuming you wear slim pants, so I don't quite understand how they don't work for you.
Traditionally, brown shoes are not considered appropriate to wear with a black or navy suit. In a workplace that prefers more conservative dress, myself and others would still follow that rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfetched
Those brown footwear rules really don't exist.
Of course they exist, whether or not you choose to follow them is the question.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasani604 View Post
Why do you find that?

Well the thing is I haven't been wearing dark jeans or black pants lately so I can't really wear brown shoes with say grey chinos. That been said tho, I have worn a grey suit with brown shoes and it looked pretty good but still not a fan of brown shoes to own more than one pair.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Traditionally, brown shoes are not considered appropriate to wear with a black or navy suit. In a workplace that prefers more conservative dress, myself and others would still follow that rule.

There are a lot of traditions that have either become antiquated or simply impractical. Traditionally, weddings and the most formal of occasions meant morning dress and top hats, but you don't see those anymore.

Even in the most conservative of workplaces, I doubt if anyone would even bat an eye if someone wore a pair nice dark brown captoe balmorals.
Farfetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #86
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,455 Times in 988 Posts
Quote:
those rules are stone age and were meant to be broken. you're reading too much stuff on the internet.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:40 PM   #87
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfetched View Post
Even in the most conservative of workplaces, I doubt if anyone would even bat an eye if someone wore a pair nice dark brown captoe balmorals.
In a conservative workplace, the senior staff will still almost exclusively stick to tried and true colour combinations: black shoes, black suit; black shoes; navy suit. If a young new hire switches up black shoes for brown, along with other more contemporary choices, they'll attract attention to themselves for making more bold fashion choices, when they should be trying to stand out for quality of work.

I'm not saying brown shoes don't look attractive with a black or navy suit, I think they do. In my experience, they simply wouldn't serve a person working in a conservative professional environment well. I always consider who my meetings are with when considering my clothing choices, and I've been served well by that practice so far. You're welcome to differ in your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
those rules are stone age and were meant to be broken. you're reading too much stuff on the internet.
Hardly, my internet use consists of Revscene, Facebook, and a sport related forum. I've not read any rules on the internet, they're just common knowledge among my social circles. If I'm going out in the evening, I instinctually feel brown shoes look out of place, regardless of any unwritten rules.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2012, 01:12 AM   #88

Quote:
In a conservative workplace, the senior staff will still almost exclusively stick to tried and true colour combinations: black shoes, black suit; black shoes; navy suit. If a young new hire switches up black shoes for brown, along with other more contemporary choices, they'll attract attention to themselves for making more bold fashion choices, when they should be trying to stand out for quality of work.

I'm not saying brown shoes don't look attractive with a black or navy suit, I think they do. In my experience, they simply wouldn't serve a person working in a conservative professional environment well. I always consider who my meetings are with when considering my clothing choices, and I've been served well by that practice so far. You're welcome to differ in your opinion.
It probably has to do a lot with who your peers are in the workplace.

I believe that as long as you look well-dressed in any sort of way that isn't ridiculous with flailing orange everywhere, then it's acceptable by professional standards. The way you dress can affect coworkers' perception, but ultimately, as you stated, your quality of work and the type of persona you portray are the majority portions of what they really care about.

Your rules are fine, but it seems like the professional world is becoming more accepting of ideas that break the traditional black everything + white shirt. Even the most sound rules can become less relevant as times change - gotta adapt.
dasani604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #89
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
dainus bendikas '12

Full album
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #90

I had the same track pants shown in the picture below but they ripped near my knee so I'm looking for similar track pants, slim fit but tapered at the bottom. Any recommendations?

Old 11-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #91
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
DRKSHDW sweats?

DRKSHDW by Rick Owens Sporty Black Cotton sweat pants - Sportswear
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #92
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
I had the same track pants shown in the picture below but they ripped near my knee so I'm looking for similar track pants, slim fit but tapered at the bottom. Any recommendations?

just bought a pair of these and the pair in navy for $30 each
Calbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #93

^
Nice, where did you purchase them from? And Rick Owens are nice but too expensive for everyday wear.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:39 PM   #94
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

are those track pants or sweat pants?
Posted via RS Mobile
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #95
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Perfect picture, yes, that's what I'm referring too. I've seen it done with and without socks.

I'm still stuck on it looking ridiculous, and it likely will fall out of favour and return to looking ridiculous given time. To each his own though, if you like it, that's all that matters.

I like something like this as a summer look better.

Spoiler!
style come and go, thats how fashion is. Rolled up pant leg with no sock loafers were huge 2 years ago, now it's more about rolled up pant legs/shorts with long shin socks + loafers. Corduroy is huge, also long ties with tips tucked into the pants. Are they attractive? prefers on taste. But new trends come and go and sometimes resurface every decade or two and becomes super popular and be deemed as "the look" among fashionistos/nistas. Doesn't mean the general public like/accept it.

I remember when baggy pants used to be the thing in highschool, but now it just looks rediculous. However I'm sure it'll resurface again and become the thing again in due time.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:26 AM   #96
My homepage has been set to RS

no socks with loafers is bearable for me but i cant stand to think of what ppl's feet would smell like when they wear leather shoes without socks for a long period of time
blee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #97
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Hi all, i'm kind of stumped on this, I'm looking for a jacket like this but in the color of the pants of the model like a copper color. Dont know if ti called copper color?

http://www.clubmonaco.ca/product/ind...221&ab=viewall

I went to the bay and say a strellson jacket (m65 style) this color, but not worth $400..so i returned it, anyone know what this is called? or the color or where I can buy similar jackets in that color or copperish?

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Last edited by azn_beef; 11-28-2012 at 11:53 AM.
azn_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #98

what do u guys think of Duvetica down jackets? they are in the same price range as Moncler...

has Duvetica been out for awhile or is it a newer brand?

which one would u guys prefer?
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:59 PM   #99
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Anyone know of shops locally where I can find a slim-fit peacoat?

Topman and Club Monaco jackets are sized so large.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:33 AM   #100

^
What's your budget?