REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #51
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Yup, that's definitely the one.

My friend and I had a long discussion on the placement of the hot tub; you can enjoy the view while sitting in it, but can't fuck in it without neighbors enjoying a view of you.
Should I be surprised that this would be your thoughts on it?
Advertisement
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #52
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,245 Times in 2,431 Posts
This house would be great for someone like Bruce Wayne, Tony Stark, or the Ambiguously Gay Duo.
Spoiler!

I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #53
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,163 Times in 413 Posts
if i had $34mill to blow on a house, i wouldnt be living in vancouver, just sayin
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #54
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 8,970 Times in 2,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
This is their view from the master bedroom deck, it's not as tranquil as the water front but it would be decent to wake up to

That's about all I can share, if you drive up folkstone way to the top its the house still under construction, probably the nicest looking house up there as of now, crazy fuckin decks
That is one amazing view.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #55
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 9,999 Times in 3,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Yup, that's definitely the one.

My friend and I had a long discussion on the placement of the hot tub; you can enjoy the view while sitting in it, but can't fuck in it without neighbors enjoying a view of you.
that pretty much goes for anyone in the BP outside of the properties set back in the bush

What were you doing there? the company i work for helped the management of it for a bit because we built a 4 story condo for the owner, and the super there [ahh what was his name.. the EI guy..] didnt have much experiance

I was actually there for a while working with an old carpenter we contracted to reform the pool/hot tub, had never done forming like that before learned alot for the 2 months or so i was there

the "Brain" room in this house had more wiring than some Malls probably do, there were 4-5 bundles of cables probably with a 12" diameter
Old 06-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #56
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,409 Times in 2,069 Posts
Quote:
the "Brain" room in this house had more wiring than some Malls probably do, there were 4-5 bundles of cables probably with a 12" diameter

I'm hardly a trades-equivalent electrician, but that would be really neat to check out.

As for the OP house... it's really nice looking and the view is gorgeous. However, I hate modern, minimalist designs. It looks like it's been designed to be a museum, not a house.

I prefer a interior much like this one instead:

2888 Panorama Drive - West Vancouver Homes and Real Estate - BC, Canada

Sure, the view and the exterior design aren't as nice ("nice" being a relative term when it comes to multi-million dollar homes), but the interior just has such a warmer, more inviting feel.

But, frankly, the chances that I'm going to own a house worth $10 million + are so slim that there's really no point in nitpicking someone else and their taste
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #57
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,052 Times in 1,656 Posts
Quote:
that pretty much goes for anyone in the BP outside of the properties set back in the bush

What were you doing there? the company i work for helped the management of it for a bit because we built a 4 story condo for the owner, and the super there [ahh what was his name.. the EI guy..] didnt have much experiance

I was actually there for a while working with an old carpenter we contracted to reform the pool/hot tub, had never done forming like that before learned alot for the 2 months or so i was there

True, if I had my pick of BP homes it would be 2780 Willoughby Road. It's on the best lot in BP in my opinion, and the inside, although it was in it's early stages when I was there, was very impressive even to someone used to that caliber of home.

I managed the insulation work on the site with the hot tub.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:09 PM   #58
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post

I'm hardly a trades-equivalent electrician, but that would be really neat to check out.

As for the OP house... it's really nice looking and the view is gorgeous. However, I hate modern, minimalist designs. It looks like it's been designed to be a museum, not a house.

I prefer a interior much like this one instead:

2888 Panorama Drive - West Vancouver Homes and Real Estate - BC, Canada

Sure, the view and the exterior design aren't as nice ("nice" being a relative term when it comes to multi-million dollar homes), but the interior just has such a warmer, more inviting feel.

But, frankly, the chances that I'm going to own a house worth $10 million + are so slim that there's really no point in nitpicking someone else and their taste
Yes, but when you look at those photos, you see a beautiful home...with a view. The view isn't any less beautiful than the $34m house(its kind of subjective...water is water) whereas the the first house was built and designed around window placement. Guaranteed, when in the first house, the first comment is going to be: look at that view, whereas in the much more comfortable and arguably far more beautiful home, the comment is going to be: what a great house. The thing I noticed on this one is the windows were an afterthought. Subtle difference between a good architect, and a great one.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #59
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
Lol so true or people who build outdoor pools.

Vancouver is a beautiful city but the homes are way overpriced. If I had $30+ million to spend on a home I think Vancouver would be at the bottom of my list.
The rule of thumb is that the crazier the property, the less time the owner spends in it. The owner of this home likely has several homes of this level in other cities of the world. The same can be said with several super mansions in Whistler that sold in the $20-30M range -- the owners pop by only several weeks/year.
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #60
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,224 Times in 1,352 Posts
Oh wow, I really like the design of that house.
Not sure what kind of house is expected for 34mil.

But anyone that is a big fan of minimalist interior design would like this house.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #61
Banned (ABWS)

Nice..but doesn't seem cozy...at all.
Over9K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #62
Rs has made me the man i am today!

If I had money, that's the look I'd be going for when I'm a bachelor. Once I have a family, I'd want something a little more cozy like the other ones people posted!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #63
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Like others have said, if I had $34 million to spend, I doubt I'd find a place in Vancouver. And if I did, I'd probably be able to find something relatively similar for a lot less..
yogenfruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #64
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 9,999 Times in 3,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by achiam View Post
The rule of thumb is that the crazier the property, the less time the owner spends in it. The owner of this home likely has several homes of this level in other cities of the world. The same can be said with several super mansions in Whistler that sold in the $20-30M range -- the owners pop by only several weeks/year.
Anyone who's worth any substantial amount can't conduct business long term from whistler
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #65
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,024 Times in 275 Posts
That house
kunoman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #66
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

The listed homeowner on the title for that home is a company, bearing a large resemblance to what a development company would call themselves. They bought it in 2004 for $8.5mil.

I wonder if this listing is trying to set record pricing, like that refurbished penthouse on Beach Av a few years back.

Also, that particular home isn't even the most expensive active listing on the market right now. There's a "land value" listing at 3810 Marine Dr. where asking is $37.9mil

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #67
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,024 Times in 275 Posts
Does anyone remember the mansion in Burnaby on the lake? How much was that going for?
kunoman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:16 PM   #68
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunoman1 View Post
Does anyone remember the mansion in Burnaby on the lake? How much was that going for?
This one? It's not ON the lake but closeby. In 2008 it was $25M. Not sure what the current status is.

Burnaby mansion could be yours for $25 million
pingu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #69
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,557 Times in 924 Posts
drove by this house the other day and its for sale

582 W 26TH Avenue in Vancouver: Cambie House for sale (Vancouver West) : MLS(r) # V939335
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #70
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingu81 View Post
This one? It's not ON the lake but closeby. In 2008 it was $25M. Not sure what the current status is.

Burnaby mansion could be yours for $25 million
The listing history for that property is as follows:

Aug '08: $25mil
Aug '09: $16.9mil
Feb '10: $19.9mil
Mar '10: $16.9mil
Nov '10: $14.8mil
Apr '11: $12.8mil
Mar '12: $12.99mil (current price, 15 weeks on the market)

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #71
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,761 Times in 3,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonka View Post
The listed homeowner on the title for that home is a company, bearing a large resemblance to what a development company would call themselves. They bought it in 2004 for $8.5mil.

I wonder if this listing is trying to set record pricing, like that refurbished penthouse on Beach Av a few years back.

Also, that particular home isn't even the most expensive active listing on the market right now. There's a "land value" listing at 3810 Marine Dr. where asking is $37.9mil

yeah like the realtors website says a notable architect began a full restoration/development in 2008

they're just trying to set new precedents and make a killing as said i doubt it'll sell for anywhere near asking

unless the developer decides to have a friend buy it for asking to justify the pricing of their other developments and then return a sizable portion to said friend
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:35 PM   #72
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,052 Times in 1,656 Posts
Here's the listing for the Burnaby estate.
REALTOR.ca -Property Details V937510

I've been in a number of $10,000,000+ properties for work, I must say, the interior of this home doesn't hold a candle to any of them. The lot must be valuable despite being in Burnaby, because it needs another $7-8 million in renos at least.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:55 PM   #73

ah yeah ive seen the inside of that one too its :/

iirc they reduced the price quite a bit
Old 06-28-2012, 12:01 AM   #74
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 23,386 Times in 4,865 Posts
With an interior that white you'd never be able to find all of your cocaine.
But seriously the interior of the 2 others shown is much more appealing to me. Unfortunately I am a hundredaire, so I'll stick to my 500 square foot ocean view apartment.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:19 AM   #75

check out this $29million dollar place in Montreal including all the furniture

The Home itself is the size of the entire lot of this west van house (its 24,000 sq ft)

this Montreal house is on its own Private Island that is 830,000 sq ft

listing Majestic Mansion set on Private Island | ÎLE GAGNON, Montreal Property Listing: MLS# Exclusive

more pictures at the link and a very very creepy cellar

$110,000 in taxes though

the listing says its a famous entertainer and her families home im guessing celine dion?

Last edited by StylinRed; 06-28-2012 at 12:27 AM.
This post thanked by: