REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 07-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Hard water stains on windows! I can't get rid of them!!!

The rear window on my car has some pretty nasty hard water marks on it, nothing I have tried seems to help at all, see below for the list of my desperate attempts

-CLR
-Ceramic cooktop cleaner/polish
-Windex
-Fine autobody polish (mequiars)
-0000 steel wool

I'm going to try some vinegar and water today, spray it on the window, put a garbage bag over it and let the vinegar sit for a little while to see if that helps at all.

Any suggestions? This is starting to drive me crazy looking in the back window and seeing a million little spots.. you couldn't even see it when the car had tint, now that the tint is gone all you an see is SPOTS!!!!

Note: Yes I have confirmed this is not on the inside of the glass, they are for sure on the outside.

Please help me
Advertisement
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
Most likely acid rain, your not gonna be able to get rid of it.
Previous
1977 Firebird 5.7
1987 Iroc-Z 2.5
1998 Firebird 3.8
1992 BMW 325i 2.5
1994 Dodge Ram 5.2
1996 Dodge Ram 5.9
1996 Cavalier Z22 2.2
1997 Mustang Cobra 4.6
firebird79_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,153 Times in 339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
The rear window on my car has some pretty nasty hard water marks on it, nothing I have tried seems to help at all, see below for the list of my desperate attempts

-CLR
-Ceramic cooktop cleaner/polish
-Windex
-Fine autobody polish (mequiars)
-0000 steel wool

I'm going to try some vinegar and water today, spray it on the window, put a garbage bag over it and let the vinegar sit for a little while to see if that helps at all.

Any suggestions? This is starting to drive me crazy looking in the back window and seeing a million little spots.. you couldn't even see it when the car had tint, now that the tint is gone all you an see is SPOTS!!!!

Note: Yes I have confirmed this is not on the inside of the glass, they are for sure on the outside.

Please help me
Try Mother's Carnauba Cleaner's Wax - I don't use it to wax the car, but it's pretty good at cleaning the dirt out of door jambs, glass, etc

Even if the wax doesn't end up working well at clearing your rear glass, you can still use the wax for future details, and polishing miscellaneous household items

Last edited by AstulzerRZD; 07-15-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Wanted to add more detail
AstulzerRZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #4
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
glass polish
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #5
Need to Seek Professional Help

If you have access to a polisher, you can try regular polish and see if that works. A fairly aggressive pad like orange or yellow used with a medium polish like Menzerna Power Finish or Meg's 205 will be safe. Alternatively, pop by and I'll have a go at it for you.
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911fanatic View Post
If you have access to a polisher, you can try regular polish and see if that works. A fairly aggressive pad like orange or yellow used with a medium polish like Menzerna Power Finish or Meg's 205 will be safe. Alternatively, pop by and I'll have a go at it for you.
Yeah if the vinegar or aluminum polish don't work... or a combination of that and steel wool... maybe when I leave the car with you in August for the cut/polish you can take a crack at the glass too.

God I hope something works, it's really ugly.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote