REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:38 PM   #26
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I heard a message from the SPCA on news1130 a few days ago. Here it is:

Pitbulls have bad rep, keeps people from adopting them: SPCA - News1130

Maybe you should contact this person and ask why the SPCA is sending a contradictory message.
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #27
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilley View Post
I actually am aware of the bylaw and do my research etc, BUT I have yet to hear about dogs needing to be MUZZLED in private property which is why I made this thread. they might as well tell me to muzzle my pits in my own house.

and your last sentece, not sure if its a typo or..
sorry your neighbour's terriers.

I can't comment on the muzzled on your property comment. Was it a suggestion to muzzle in the case that you don't have an enclosure for your dogs?
10-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #28
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

hate those ppls
my neighbours wants to kick my dog out too
harmless lil beagle and they are scared like its a killer
burn190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:32 PM   #29
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed2K View Post
I heard a message from the SPCA on news1130 a few days ago. Here it is:

Pitbulls have bad rep, keeps people from adopting them: SPCA - News1130

Maybe you should contact this person and ask why the SPCA is sending a contradictory message.
The SPCA's stance on Pitbulls is that they are a "gentle, loving breed, [and] beautiful family dogs." The SPCA euthanizes dangerous dogs, but they do not euthanize all Pitbulls, they actively adopt members of the breed out to loving homes. There is no contradictory message being sent out by the SPCA.

The SPCA is contracted to enforce animal related bylaws which are set by city councils, not by them. The SPCA officer who issued a ticket to Xilley was simply performing those contractual duties. I would encourage Xilley to contact his city council on the unjustified and groundless bylaw, because that's where the message that Pitbulls are dangerous is being projected from.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #30
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Every time our neighbor smokes in their balcony, their little terrier would come out with her and bark at anything that moved. Ex. kids, cars, leafs, shadows, clouds etc. the owner would just laugh and would not even try to make the dog stop barking. IT'S NOT THE DOGS FAULT. It's the owners that think it's cute and just never disciplined the dog.
accordpoop is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2012, 01:05 PM   #31
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
wtf? they enjoy dogs barking?

I fucking bitch at my dogs when they bark. its so annoying, cant stand that shit
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #32
Banned By Establishment

seriously, Screw all the neighbours around me at this moment. my dog was in the backyard again and my mom was watching after them while they do their thing.
a family and a little dog walked by, my dog started getting excited and jumping on the fence to get a look ( they cant jump out but they just lean on the fence to look at the little dog )

and right away my mom took the dogs in, ok so today at noon I get a call from SPCA that my dogs were OUTSIDE in the alley, and scared the family.
could they make up anymore bs just to screw us over, Seriously?

my dogs were INSIDE the fence in my own backyard. they didnt even come in contact.

Now spca said they will come and talk to me in person and also hand me a fine of 500 bucks, are you S*$%^$& me?
just because of what people say and I get fined? so what if people start calling and making complaints everyday on purpose (cause they sure look like they want us outta the neighbourhood), whats going to happen?

anyways, just ranting. spca will arrive shortly and will update whats next.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #33
Banned By Establishment

k, spca just left, and said technically your vicious dogs (anything to do with pitbull breed) has to be muzzled in your own yard even.

but i said its not even written on paper and he said doesnt matter, wtf?

https://burnaby.civicweb.net/Documen....aspx?Id=10923

5.2 clearly says

(2) Every owner of a vicious dog shall keep it muzzled while on a highway or public place.

so spca said within 30 days no complaints i wont fine you 500 bucks. COCK SUCKERS.

fucking neighbours seriously.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #34
Banned By Establishment

so.. i just got a call again saying another call was made to spca about an incident last night.

so pretty much the family that called spca first now tells the neighbors to also call spca to fucking team up on us pretty much and try to bust our balls.

SUCH SHADY FUCKERS
Old 07-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #35
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
Report their fucking barking dogs too, and do so every day. Wake up at 3am when they're barking and call the SPCA. Call them again every time the dogs keep on barking. Go to every neighbours house and drop off a copy of the bylaw into the mailbox...highlight s. 5.2 or any other section that applies...o and take the dogs with you while doing so (don't forget the muzzle )
FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE!!!!!!!

Last edited by ruthless; 07-24-2012 at 01:09 PM.
ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #36
I subscribe to Revscene

I'd ring up the SPCA and ask to speak with the supervisor of the person who visited you.

Be calm, polite, professional and to the point. This is no place for getting heated.

Explain that you're in compliance with the rules and that there is no requirement for your dog to be muzzled in your yard and kindly ask to not be harassed again unless there's a legitimate problem.

You could also request a copy of any written complaints. You may also consider recording any conversation between yourself and the SPCA.

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #37
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post
I'd ring up the SPCA and ask to speak with the supervisor of the person who visited you.

Be calm, polite, professional and to the point. This is no place for getting heated.

Explain that you're in compliance with the rules and that there is no requirement for your dog to be muzzled in your yard and kindly ask to not be harassed again unless there's a legitimate problem.

You could also request a copy of any written complaints. You may also consider recording any conversation between yourself and the SPCA.
right now they are just saying that neighbours are complaining because people walk by my backyard and my dogs are there with their big blocky heads staring at them and that THEY fucking feel threatened because of that. what the fuck, its not like my dogs ran out and chased after your ass.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #38
I subscribe to Revscene

Let your neighbours complain all they want. Tell the SPCA that you only want to hear from them if an actual violation has taken place. These intimidation tactics aren't doing anyone any good, and judging from your language it's just inflaming the situation.

This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #39
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,062 Times in 1,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xilley View Post
right now they are just saying that neighbours are complaining because people walk by my backyard and my dogs are there with their big blocky heads staring at them and that THEY fucking feel threatened because of that. what the fuck, its not like my dogs ran out and chased after your ass.
find old ass billboard signs and nail it on their side of the fence so they can't see your dogs

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #40
Banned By Establishment

I have to revive this thread, cause neighbour is being such douche bags that they CALLED spca AGAIN and said my dogs were unleashed and not muzzled IN my own backyard, I did the leashing and muzzling before my gf took them downstairs.

so now spca said they will wait for a statement then they will issue me a fine.

but atm I m fricking furious because the neighbours are now making up COMPLETE BULLS#@% to get me in trouble with the spca and getting me a 500 dollar fine.

spca guy told me I can take them to court and testify against them WHICH is what I m going to do.
but in return I would like to sue them for harassment.

this is the part I need help on, how do I go beyond suing them for harassment? and what do I have to do and say?
also how do they know I m walking my dogs EVEN, I walk them on the left side of the yard now because those assholes are on the RIGHT, so are they spying and creeping on us now? holy..

2 weeks from moving and they want to push it this far.

also I talked to the spca about filing noise complaint on their dogs and the spca guy (asian as well) said face it.. your asian and every neighbour around you are white. how are you going to win. it wont even scratch the surface. WHICH i know is very true, but what the HELL? this is completely RACIST then.

completely furious, my mom, brother and my gf was all downstairs taking the dogs out to the yard. and I came right after I put my shorts on. like hell, the whole family except my dad was in the YARD JUST FOR THEM TO PEE IN MY OWN BACKYARD. HOW BS is that!

also with the muzzle on, my dogs could barely breathe through and they look like their in so much pain. poor dogs.
and now I keep the harness on my male dog as its easy to just grab the leash and clip on, the harness causes such uncomfort for him and he scratches because it doesn't air out.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #41
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,062 Times in 1,249 Posts
why is the spca relying on hearsay evidence :mindfuck:

Just go to court with them, this is just ridiculous now.

Good luck op!

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #42
Wanna have a threesome?

Suing the neighbor for harassment will achieve nothing, unless there are further details to the case you have not shared. Reporting repeated bylaw violations to the SPCA is not harassment. Dispute the ticket you'll be receiving, but you need to go in prepared and with the right mental state. You'll be there to defend the claim that the dogs are leashed and muzzled anytime they're outside the house, don't share irrelevant details about it not being fair and keep a cool head.

The SPCA officer is a complete idiot for giving you the advice he did. I'd be speaking to his superiors it is so ignorant and stupid. I'm not Asian, if I were your neighbor, I'd be on your side, what he did was completely unprofessional. You are entitled to file a complaint for a legitimate violation regardless of your race, or that of the offending animals care giver. When the neighbors dog is barking, start recording it with a video camera (on your phone, digital camera, whatever), and file a complaint.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #43
I subscribe to Revscene

You're overreacting. Just let your dogs do what they need to do in your yard and ignore the neighbours. If SPCA comes by, hand them a copy of the bylaw and ask him to point out the section that deals with muzzling your dog in your own yard.

This post thanked by:
Old 07-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #44
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post
You're overreacting. Just let your dogs do what they need to do in your yard and ignore the neighbours. If SPCA comes by, hand them a copy of the bylaw and ask him to point out the section that deals with muzzling your dog in your own yard.
I did, I told them its NOT written on the bylaw, but he said " you dont have a kennel or a confined area, so they are pretty much saying my Whole backyard needs to be covered from all side AND the top. what the fuck..? build a DECK? to cover my entire backyard? bitch you crazy?

then I said again listen Calvin (SPCA guy), whatever you just told me does not apply because its NOT written on the bylaw, I told him if today it said " pitbull has to be in confined area or kennel - IF not then the rules of muzzling and leashing MUST be applied"

BUT it does not say that. It just says,"(2) Every owner of a vicious dog shall keep it muzzled while on a highway or public place."

and it says "Every owner of a vicious dog shall, while the dog is on the owner's premises, keep the dog securely confined either
(a) indoors, or
(b) within a fenced yard in an enclosure that is
(i) capable of preventing inadvertent entry by any person including a child,"

now no one is able to enter UNLESS they open the gate or they decide to climb over. (which will then be trespassing as I assume)
Old 07-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #45
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
Have you tried talking to the neighbors, I am sure if you tell them you're moving out in 2 weeks they'll ease off a bit...remember to do so calmly even though you are heated

Or nail up some sort of cloth, cardboard or something, on the fence so they cant see inside
Old 07-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #46
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthless View Post
Have you tried talking to the neighbors, I am sure if you tell them you're moving out in 2 weeks they'll ease off a bit...remember to do so calmly even though you are heated

Or nail up some sort of cloth, cardboard or something, on the fence so they cant see inside
they can see no matter what, because the house is built higher. (need to take stairs to get to the backyard)
and I dont know if I really want to talk to them because spca told me to just keep doing your part and they do their part.

you guys all think I should talk to them?
Old 07-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #47
I subscribe to Revscene

If you can keep the conversation civil and with a lettle less frustration than you show here, then yes I think you should take a copy of the bylaws to your neighbours and talk to them. Hell, maybe invite them over to pet the pitbull.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #48
Wanna have a threesome?

I don't see how bringing the bylaws will be beneficial, because although the SPCA officer is to incompetent to properly reference them, they do state that Pitbulls must either muzzled and leashed, or confined within a kennel, which itself must be located within a fenced yard.

I can't seem to access Burnaby's bylaws myself, but that's what it states in what Xilley quoted.

Quote:
Every owner of a vicious dog shall, while the dog is on the owner's premises, keep the dog securely confined either
(a) indoors, or
(b) within a fenced yard in an enclosure that is
(i) capable of preventing inadvertent entry by any person including a child
It's so illogical to blindly label one specific breed as vicious, ugh. The people who know dogs, and more specifically, know Pitbulls, know they aren't dangerous. I don't understand how any City Council can justify passing this rubbish.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #49
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 1,392 Times in 180 Posts
Let's all just start phoning the SPCA at absurd hours complaining of the dogs barking. Every. Single. Night. Each of us call pretending to be their neighbors and complain. RS Internet Krew 4 lyyyfe..
GoneGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #50
I subscribe to Revscene

My parent's lab was one of the friendliest dogs I knew. Always got along with people and other dogs in the park, but if someone he didn't know tried to enter the yard they wouldn't be leaving without a blood trail behind them.

So to do this to pitbulls is unfair to the dogs, unfair to the owners and just perpetuates the misguided beliefs that pitbulls are always dangerous dogs.