REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #51
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,052 Times in 1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneGuru View Post
Let's all just start phoning the SPCA at absurd hours complaining of the dogs barking. Every. Single. Night. Each of us call pretending to be their neighbors and complain. RS Internet Krew 4 lyyyfe..
While I admire, and encourage, the RS internet krew's efforts and achievements.

Quote:
Barking Dogs

Reports of barking dogs must be submitted in writing to be accepted by the BCSPCA. These reports must include the following information:

Location of barking dog in Burnaby
Dates and times of occurrence
Your name, address and daytime phone number
Animal Control

Edit:

Here's the exact bylaw on barking dogs.

Quote:
6.A (BYLAW #9848)

(5)
No owner of any dog shall permit that dog to disturb the quiet, peace, enjoyment
or comfort of the surrounding neighbourhood, or of persons residing in the
vicinity, by barking. (BYLAW #10689)
https://burnaby.civicweb.net/Documen...rch=1&Result=9
Advertisement

Last edited by MindBomber; 07-27-2012 at 10:55 PM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #52
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,499 Times in 415 Posts
You have every right to dispute the ticket. Make sure you take note of time and date and which officer you spoke with. Build a timeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber
Barking Dogs

Reports of barking dogs must be submitted in writing to be accepted by the BCSPCA. These reports must include the following information:

Location of barking dog in Burnaby
Dates and times of occurrence
Your name, address and daytime phone number
If you are building a case, definitely ask for a copy of these writings. If you are representing yourself, do not state any irrelevant facts that have been expressed here in this thread. Stick to the By-Law Regulations and how the muzzling in own yard is not in there.

However, I do not suggest counter sueing at the same time for harassment. That wont make anything better. Yes, it is annoying, but take the high road. When you win, just leave the court and never ever speak to them again.

I would though, as mentioned before, start recording when their dogs start barking. Submit a copy of your videos and write a letter to SPCA for their dogs barking. If you find it annoying, at least 5 others will.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #53
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
and an Update for those who helped and supported this past few days :

I just went by to the neighbours and man.. 2 hour talk !
we got along quite well and talked about all sorts of things.
to my surprise, they actually didnt call spca, the spca CALLED them to check up if my dogs were out in the yard. and they said yes the dogs were out, but they said they didnt say anything about leash or muzzle. so wow.. SPCA is the one making trouble?

and as for the statement they told me that they arent going to write one, and they are fine with us now because they know us better and everything is good with the dogs. so Phew..

and mac, they used to own pitbulls themselves, they told me.

so as of now I m in the clear UNLESS the other neighbour ( there was 2 neighbours complaining ) are going to continue being assholes, but I m pretty sure after this 2 hour talk with the guy, he will be able to say some good things about us to the other complaining neighbour.
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2012, 12:04 AM   #54
Wanna have a threesome?

Fantastic news, I'm very happy to hear you had a good talk with the neighbor and worked everything out!

The SPCA is supposed to follow up on cases. It's a standard part of procedure for every investigation involving "dangerous" or nuisance animals, and animal welfare cases. I would not take it is them looking to make trouble.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2012, 12:14 AM   #55
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
I would not take it is them looking to make trouble.
That might be correct if it wasn't for their accusation that the dog wasn't muzzled when it needed to be, along with the threats of $500 fines, etc...

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:30 AM   #56
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post
That might be correct if it wasn't for their accusation that the dog wasn't muzzled when it needed to be, along with the threats of $500 fines, etc...
If a statement written by one of the two neighbors, saying that the Pitbulls were not muzzled and leashed, is required to proceed with a fine, one of the neighbors must have reported that the dogs were not muzzled and leashed and agreed to a write a statement (at least when the SPCA did the follow up call). Unless the officer informing Xilley he would be receiving a fine was straight bluffing, but I'm not sure what the motivation for that would be...