REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Lightsaber or hoverboard? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/671225-lightsaber-hoverboard.html)

Ronin 07-22-2012 01:23 AM

Lightsaber or hoverboard?

Which would you rather have?

...no, you cannot use your lightsaber to kill a guy and steal his hoverboard or vice versa. One or the other exists.

murd0c 07-22-2012 01:24 AM

hoverboard no questions, ya you would be a hard motherfucker with a light saber but having a hoverboard would be pimp shit.

Culverin 07-22-2012 01:35 AM

I'm going to make the assumption here that it's said piece of tech + the ability to use it. Thus hoverboard allows you to actually be pretty decent at it. Not a Tony Hawk, but you're not going to kill yourself riding it. Likewise, with the lightsaber, you don't get force powers or the ability to deflect blaster bolts, but you're not going to accidentally lop off your arm either.

My pick would have to be lightsaber.
I already have a scooter and those 2 wheels are already ridiculously nimble and fast.

Maybe I'm too much for a practicalist. But I LOATH trimming my hedges. A lightsaber would make it a breeze for me. Opening beer bottles at parties or even doing crazy sculptures.

bballguy 07-22-2012 01:40 AM

bloodmack 07-22-2012 01:43 AM

hoverboard, meh.. lightsaber.. fuck yes!

MindBomber 07-22-2012 01:58 AM

Lightsaber, no contest.

What can you do with a hoverboard? hover, yea, that's so cool for about fifteen minutes if you're an adolescent kid.

What can I do with a lightsaber? let's see, shall we..
-deflect shots from a blaster
-make legit whooom whooom noises
-cut off a limb and leave a caulderized stump
-use it as a flashlight in a dark room
-facilitate my escape from the Empire by cutting through a blast door
-mount if under my car as ground effects and burn through those damn speed bumps.
-become a famous sculpture
-clear cut an entire forest single handed at record speed
-light a bong
-cut through any material in existence
-remove seized suspension bolts
-cut through bread AND toast it at the SAME time
-reheat a cup of coffee in microseconds
-adjust the power settings and use it as a dildo
-oh, and did I mention, lightsaber battles?!?!

Not only that but...
-they're easily concealed and can be taken anywhere on a belt
-they come in a wide variety of colour options to suit your individual style
-they come in different styles to suit your individual needs (double bladed, single bladed, curved hilt)

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/2...yoda347664.jpg

dlo 07-22-2012 01:58 AM

Lightsaber for sure, ill be rockin a red one

murd0c 07-22-2012 02:01 AM

it's not like you guys can do anything with a lightsaber other then using it as a flashlight. Just think with a hoverboard it would be like you are flying, that would be some cool ass shit to fly....

I'm pretty drunk right now :)

bballguy 07-22-2012 02:04 AM

I already have a lightsaber.

MG1 07-22-2012 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBomber (Post 7982184)
Lightsaber, no contest.

-clear cut an entire forest single handed at record speed

I can't believe you said that!

MindBomber 07-22-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 7982193)
I can't believe you said that!

The dark side of the force, it's corrupted my hippie ways....

Clear cut forest to stop a beatle infestation in it's tracks?

murd0c 07-22-2012 02:23 AM

that would be a pretty kick ass bonfire

MG1 07-22-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBomber (Post 7982196)
The dark side of the force, it's corrupted my hippie ways....

Clear cut forest to stop a beatle infestation in it's tracks?

Sounds like a plan...........

John Lennon would have approved.

FerrariEnzo 07-22-2012 04:18 AM

I pick the HoverBoard if its the bad guy ones from Back To The Future... if its the dinky pick one, then I pick the Lightsaber!

SkinnyPupp 07-22-2012 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 7982167)
Which would you rather have?

...no, you cannot use your lightsaber to kill a guy and steal his hoverboard or vice versa. One or the other exists.

Fellow TRS viewer I see. I never would have thought you'd be into that!

Anyway, my vote would be light saber, for the same reason they mentioned on the show. Sure a hover board would be cool for a while. Then it would just sit on your shelf forever once the novelty wears out. I doubt the novelty of a light saber would ever wear out :fullofwin:

freakshow 07-22-2012 07:24 AM

Lightsaber for sure! Even I I had a hover board, I still wouldn't use it to go places

punkwax 07-22-2012 08:09 AM

At first I was like, how is this even a contest? Lightsaber FTMFW.

But then I actually thought about being able to hoverboard around. It would be like snowboarding around anytime, anywhere you want... even uphill. Imagine how many hours of use you could get out of it, but then you have to think - is there any maintenance involved? If not, I think you'd have to seriously consider the hoverboard.

Lightsaber would be the most badass thing to ever possess, but you must also consider the danger in owning one. Not just the possibility of accidentally dismembering yourself, family or friends, but the evil people out there who would stop at nothing to take your lightsaber forcing you to live like a Jedi... for this reason, I choose Lightsaber.

dink 07-22-2012 09:56 AM

Zombie apocalypse is coming, I choose the the light saber.

EmperorIS 07-22-2012 10:03 AM

the hell you want a light sabre for ... worst case scenario you accidentally slice someone else's arm off instead of yourself.

CP.AR 07-22-2012 10:30 AM

With hoverboards come hover cars.... so I take the hoverboard

J89 07-22-2012 10:49 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_LBoiJX-K6F...ightsaber1.jpg

FerrariEnzo 07-22-2012 11:34 AM

man to make the light-saber look good is if you also had the Jedi Mind Power.... otherwise... you look like

kwy 07-22-2012 11:42 AM

Seriously? Hoverboards can suck my dick. Lightsaber, no contest..even though I feel like I would drunkenly pull it out and take off someones arm..

dink 07-22-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo (Post 7982352)
man to make the light-saber look good is if you also had the Jedi Mind Power.... otherwise... you look like

*ORIGINAL* Early Christmas Present Light Sabers Fat Guy - YouTube

hooooly shiettttt

http://www4.images.coolspotters.com/...ry-gallery.jpg

BeeBeeAhn 07-22-2012 11:45 AM

lightsaber. screw hoverboards.