REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #76
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
The guy who backed up into him is at fault, deductible waved. Treat it like any other accident and disregard the dealer for a sec. Someone hit his car, that someone is at fault. Now if the tech who had driven his car hit someone else, that's a different story

Also the dealer might try to weisel their way out of it saying they have no liability what so ever. I worked at one dealer who will remain nameless... A customer came in, swiped the bumper off a car that came in for service. They just sent the car to icbc and made the owner of the damage car pay a 700$ deductible. Said "an accident is an accident whether or not it's on our lot, someone could have easily hit him on the road and there's nothing we can do to stop that"
At the time I was sure that they had private insurance for private property or at least buck up and pay it. They didn't
Advertisement

Last edited by duy-; 08-05-2012 at 09:07 PM.
duy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #77
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duy- View Post
That's really bs, the fact they hid it from you is bs. You have a dash cam, the driver and the damn license plate of the other vehicle dude. I know you were trying to be nice but sometimes you gotta be a dick especially if they're dishonest. Next time tell them to fuck off, take it to icbc, make the hit and run claim, fix it at your shop of choice, demand for the refund for the life time oil change. Or if you wanna be a dick, demand for the oil and filter every 8000 and do it yourself
yea, i regret not taking it to icbc in the first place. i just made things more complicated. Really hope ICBC sorts it out. If not, i'll just settle in with the crappy paint job. Either way, ive learned my lesson and know what to do if it ever happens again.
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:11 AM   #78
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

This is interesting. ICBC has to bill accordingly to a policy or an account for the loss claim. Where would ICBC recover the deductible?

What did ICBC tell you OP? who pays the $300 or whatever deductible you have?
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #79
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Just report it a hit and run since you got the guy who backed into your car on video.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #80
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
It isn't a scratch. Like OP said it's a crack in the paint and I know why (well anyone that has bumped into anyone else would also know). The paint cracked because of this: in the video, OP's car was nudged from the car in front. The nudge wasn't all too bad but the front bumper of OP's car needs to flex just like anyone elses car so that it can absorb the impact. While the bumper is flexible, the paint is not, thus, the result.
Actually, automotive paint is very flexible (to a degree).

Snoop Dogg - Starksy & Hutch
Sushi604 is offline   Reply With Quote